EGYPT & GREECE: 21 Day Egypt Tour and Greek Island Hopping Including Flights for Two
A treasure trove expedition of Egypt and Greece.
Be swept up in the sands of time as you embark on an adventure fit for a Pharaoh, traversing from the Pyramids of Giza to the haunting Valley of the Kings before falling in love with the Greek Islands on an island-hopping expedition.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 12 Nights of Hotel Accommodation Plus a 7 Night 5 Star Cruise Onboard the MS Princess Sarah II
- Marvel at Awe-Inspiring Ancient Temples and Pyramids Alongside a Real Egyptologist and Island-Hop Between Paros, Naxos, Ios and More
- Return International Flights for Two
- Internal Flight from Cairo to Athens for Two
- 12 Nights of Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast in Greece
- 7 Nights of 5 Star Accommodation Onboard the MS Princess Sarah II Including All Onboard Meals
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Taxes, Fees and Service Charges
- Arrival Transfer in Cairo
- Cairo – Barcelo Pyramids Hotel or similar
- Athens – Jason Inn or similar
- Santorini – Melina Hotel or similar
- Paros – Hotel Kontes or similar
- Naxos – Naxos Resort or similar
- Ios – Lofos Village or similar
- Nile River Cruise – MS Princess Sarah II or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 May
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Embark on a treasure trove expedition of ancient monuments, hidden gems and sunkissed vistas as you traverse Egypt and Greece on this incredible 21 day tour.
- Glide along the glistening waters of the Nile onboard the 5 Star MS Princess Sarah II, boasting a top deck pool, sundeck, huge dining room, live entertainment and gold-standard service.
- Accompany a professional Egyptologist as you uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza and the awe-inspiring Sphinx before unearthing a wealth of treasures and artefacts at the Egyptian Museum, home to the Tutankhamun exhibit.
- Witness the legacy of the great pharaohs at the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, with visits to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the great Colossi of Memnon.
- Delve into the ancient sights of Paros and Naxos Island, perhaps visiting the 6th-century church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani, admiring heirlooms at the Parikia Byzantine Museum or snapping photographs of the Marble Gate of Portara and the Temple of Demeter.
- Get ready for romance in Santorini, home to layered blue-capped white houses, volcanic scenery and the soul-stirring red sands of Oia beach.
Have your bucket list and a pen ready as you board your international flight to the lands of the Pharaoh – Cairo!
With luminous monuments and limitless desert, austere pyramids and enduring history, Cairo welcomes you. Upon arrival, you will be met by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Traverse the desert to the outskirts of Cairo with your Egyptologist tour guide today, where you’ll be enamoured by the immense stature and history of the imposing Sphinx and Pyramids of Giza as your guide delivers a wealth of knowledge about these man-made marvels.
Afterwards, walk around the treasure trove of artifacts, mummies and jewellery at the Egypt Museum, including Tutankhamun’s enormous tomb.
Continue to the archeological paradise of Luxor where you will board the luxury MS Princess Sarah II Cruise. Once the most important place of worship during the New Kingdom, you’ll visit the Karnak Temple of Amun, famous for its giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall.
Unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets in the West Bank today, starting your tour with a visit to the Valley of the Kings. Discover the temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir-el-Medina before continuing to the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon, the last remains of the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III.
This afternoon, admire the breathtaking desert expanse and lush grasslands either side of the Nile as you glide through the Esna Lock to arrive in Edfu.
- Tomb of Tutankhamun Visit – (approx. $50 per person).
Pay your respects to the Lord of the Sky while you visit the Temple of Horus this morning in Edfu. See the beautifully preserved Ptolemaic features, giving you an insight into the intricate craftwork that was required to create this architectural achievement.
Next, visit the famous dual temples of Horus and Sobek. These falcon and crocodile-headed goddesses share the temple and guard over the famous mummified crocodiles of Kom Ombo.
Arriving in Aswan this morning, you’ll stop by the breathtaking High Dam, the largest known ancient Obelisk and the Temple of Philae, an island haven dedicated to the God Isis, before taking a felucca ride past the Botanical Gardens and Agha Khan Mausoleum in the afternoon.
Today is yours to explore Aswan at your leisure. You could marvel at the ancient rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel, visit the Hanafi Bazaar with its Pharaonic facade, genuine Nubian swords, handmade amulets and silk kaftans or perhaps bask in the aromas of local spice markets.
Set sail for Kom Ombo after breakfast this morning, gliding along the glistening waters of the Nile to reach Edfu where you will spend the night.
Continuing on to Esna, watch the world float by from the deck as you make your way to Luxor for the evening.
Disembark your MS Princess Sarah II Cruise after breakfast and make your way to Luxor Airport for your flight back to Cairo, before transferring to your flight to the world’s ancient capital – Athens!
Upon arrival in Athens, you will meet your local representative and transfer to your hotel for check-in.
This morning you will be transferred to Piraeus port where you will board a ferry to Paros Island. Upon arrival in Paros, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours to venture out and explore this island-gem located in the heart of the Aegean sea.
With ancient ruins and monuments, traditional villages and rolling hills, fully immerse yourself in the charm and atmosphere of Paros with a full day to explore. You could visit the 6th-century church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani, marvel at the wood-carved iconostasis and heirlooms at the Parikia Byzantine Museum or wander through the colourful streets or lively fishing harbour of Naoussa.
Transfer to Paros Port after breakfast this morning and hop on a ferry to the largest of the Cyclades islands – Naxos! Upon arrival, make your way to your hotel, with the remainder of the day free to discover the abundance of ancient sites, lush green valleys and rural villages on this hidden paradise.
Once the cultural centre of Classical Greece and Byzantium, bask in the ancient splendour of Naxos to your heart’s content, perhaps capturing postcard-worthy photos of the Marble Gate of Portara, the kouros statues and the Temple of Demeter or soaking up the golden rays of sun on Plaka Beach on this free day.
From Naxos Port, take a ferry to Ios Island where you will then transfer to your hotel. The remainder of the day is yours to get acquainted with the winding footpaths and pristine beaches of this summertime favourite.
Today is yours to uncover the best of Ios at your own pace. You could visit the most important prehistoric archaeological site of the Cyclades, Skarkos, marvel at the well-preserved traditional windmills in Chora or visit the church of Panagia Gremiotissa before experiencing the island’s renowned nightlife firsthand.
Get ready for some romance in Santorini today, as you cross the sea via ferry and check-in at your hotel. The remainder of the day is yours to get lost in the island’s cobblestone beauty.
Spend the day admiring the volcanic scenery and mythic beauty of the Akrotiri excavations, weaving through the picturesque Fira Town or melting away on the black sands of Kamari beach.
- Santorini Island Tour – (approx. $100 per person).
Say goodbye to Santorini after breakfast this morning as you transfer to Athens via ferry for your final night in Greece!
Enjoy a last breakfast before you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from Hobart, Adelaide, Perth or Canberra are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Etihad, Emirates, Lufthansa, Qantas, or Singapore Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $2200 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Meals not listed under inclusions
- Tips/gratuities – (recommended $15 per person, per day)
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages