EGYPT: 9 Day Cairo & Nile Cruise Package for Two
Cruise the Nile in style!
$2,598Valued at $3,899
Unravel the secrets of the pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings, snap away at the postcard-worthy Pyramids of Giza and cruise along the Nile in 5 Star Luxury on this incredible 9 day tour.
- 4 Nights of Hotel Accommodation, Plus 2 Nights Aboard an Overnight Sleeper Train
- 4 Night Luxury Cruise Along the Nile River Including All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Gaze Upon the Awe-Inspiring Pyramids and Sphinx, Come Practically Face To Face with Egyptian Royalty in the Valley Of Kings and Uncover the Ancient Necropolis of Thebes
- 4 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 4 Nights Aboard 5 Star MS Solaris Cruise for Two
- 2 Nights on a Sleeper Train for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Local English Speaking Guide and Egyptologist
- Airport Transfers
- Cairo – Hilton Pyramids Golf Hotel or similar
- Nile River Cruise – MS Solaris or similar
- Available for travel between 1 May 2019 – 30 April 2020
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be swept away by fabled pyramids in Giza, the glistening banks of the Nile River and the secrets of the Valley of the Kings in Luxor on this spellbinding 9 day tour.
- Discover Zoser, the first pyramid known to mankind and admire the ancient splendour of the Pyramids of Giza and awe-inspiring Sphinx with a real Egyptologist.
- Glide along the serene banks of the Nile River on a 5 Star Cruise, witnessing the legacy of the great pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the great Colossi of Memnon over three glorious days.
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular forest of giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall of Karnak Temple.
- Visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, home to over 250,000 artifacts, some over 5000 years old, including the world-famous Tutankhamen treasures display.
Touch down in Cairo! Upon arrival, you’ll be met by your friendly local guide and transferred to your hotel.
Head to Sakkara to admire the unique step pyramid of Zoser today, the first ever pyramid known to mankind and constructed with six tombs built on top of each other. Then, enjoy lunch overlooking the Pyramids, before getting up close and personal with the sunkissed Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx.
In the evening, you’ll bid Cairo farewell as you board an overnight sleeper train to Luxor.
Head to the West Bank of Luxor this morning to see the glorious Necropolis of Thebes, strolling through the Valley of Kings to see the tombs of ancient royalty. Stop by El Deir El Bahari the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, the woman who ruled Ancient Egypt for more than 15 years, and gaze upon the Colossi of Memnon.
Board your Nile Cruise at lunch and spend the afternoon unwinding on your luxury cruise liner.
For early risers, why not start your morning with an optional Balloon Ride, before meeting the group at the Temple of Karnak, the ‘holy city’ of hypostyle halls, colossal statues, shrines and obelisks.
Afterwards, walk through an ancient avenue of ram-headed Sphinx en route to the beautifully lit Luxor Temple.
- West Bank Balloon Ride – watch the sunrise over Luxor, enjoying panoramic views of the Nile and ancient sites (USD $75 per person).
Pay your respects to the Lord of the Sky while you visit the Temple of Horus this morning in Edfu. See the beautifully preserved Ptolemaic features, giving you an insight into the intricate craftwork that was required to create this architectural achievement.
Jump back on board and sail to Kom Ombo to see the famous dual temples of Haroeris and Sobek. These falcon and crocodile-headed goddesses share the temple, and guard over the famous mummified crocodiles of Kom Ombo. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight cruising.
Begin today by visiting Nasser Lake, stopping at the breathtaking High Dam of Aswan and the Temple of Philae, an island haven dedicated to the God Isis.
Take a Felucca ride past the Botanical Gardens and Agha Khan Mausoleum in the afternoon, before your final night onboard your Nile cruise.
Disembark your luxury Nile cruise this morning and spend the morning at your leisure in Aswan. Alternatively, why not join an optional tour to Abu Simbel or a Nubian Village? In the afternoon, transfer to your overnight sleeper train to Cairo, watching the scenery slip by.
- Abu Simbel – be inspired by the Great Temple of Ramses II and the Temple of Hathor, two sights that must be seen to be believed (USD $75 per person).
- Nubian Village – explore the culture of the ancient Nubians, famous for their horse riding skills and impressive marksmanship with a bow and arrow (USD $15 per person).
Arriving back in Cairo this morning, meet your Egyptologist guide to visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, home to over 250,000 artifacts, some over 5000 years old. See the world-famous Tutankhamen treasures display and learn all about “The Boy King”.
Savour pyramid vistas over lunch, before visiting the Mohammed Aly Citadel. Erected in 1183 AD and home to the Alabaster Mosque, this citadel is one of Cairo’s most famous landmarks – the minaret can be spotted throughout the city!
- Dinner Cruise – (USD $35 per person)
- Pyramids Light Show – (USD $35 per person)
Wave goodbye to the lands of the Pharaoh as you transfer back to the airport today, ready to tell stories of your adventures to eagerly awaiting ears back home!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 45
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $320 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Optional tours are available to Al-Almein, Alexandria and Fayoum for early arrivals and late departures, from USD $80 per tour
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages