EGYPT: 12 Day Highlights of Egypt Tour Including Flights for Two
Cap off your expedition with a beachside getaway.
$5,998Valued at $7,998
Be swept up in the sands of time as you embark on an adventure fit for a Pharaoh, traversing from the Pyramids of Giza to the haunting Valley of the Kings and the sunkissed sphinxes in Luxor, before capping off your expedition in the Red Sea oasis of Hurghada.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- Set Sail on a Once-in-a-Lifetime Overnight Cruise of the Nile River in a Traditional Felucca
- Bask in the Aromas of Cairo’s Most Famous Bazaars, Marvel at Awe-Inspiring Ancient Temples and Pyramids with a Real Egyptologist, and Witness the Breathtaking Beauty of the Luxor Temple Lit up at Night
- Return International Flights for Two with Etihad or Emirates, Subject to Availability
- 7 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Overnight Nile River Felucca Cruise for Two
- Overnight Sleeper Train from Cairo to Aswan
- Daily Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 4 Delicious Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Breathtaking Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Guides and Egyptologist
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
Entrance Fees not included
- Cairo – Steigenberger Cairo Pyramids Hotel or similar
- Aswan – Helnan Aswan Hotel or similar
- Luxor – Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel or similar
- Hurghada – Sunrise Royal Makadi Aqua Resort or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 7, 14, 21, 28 February
- 6, 13, 20, 27 March
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 May
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be enamoured by a millennia of grandeur and some of the last remaining wonders of the ancient world as you venture to the capital of modern Egypt, Cairo and unearth historic monuments in Luxor, Ancient Egypt’s capital of Thebes.
- Accompany a professional Egyptologist as you uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza. Discover the Great Pyramid, the awe-inspiring Sphinx and the magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara – the first pyramid ever constructed.
- Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime overnight cruise in a traditional felucca as you set sail down the mighty Nile.
- Witness the grand legacy of the Egyptians in the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, with visits to the temples of Queen Hatshepsut and the enormous Colossi of Memnon.
- Explore Hurghada, a tourist oasis off the coast of the glorious Red Sea brimming with recreational activities, including snorkelling, scuba diving and camel rides (at own expense).
Have your bucket list and a pen ready as you embark on the adventure of a lifetime with your international flight to Cairo today!
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival, you will be met by a local representative and transferred to your hotel.
Traverse to the outskirts of Cairo to visit the sunkissed Sphinx and iconic Pyramids of Giza. You could even climb into the heart of a Pyramid with an optional tour, before discovering a treasure trove of artifacts, mummies and jewellery at the Egypt Museum, including Tutankhamun’s enormous tomb.
This evening transfer to the station for your overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
On arrival in Aswan, transfer to your hotel overlooking the Nile’s cascading rapids. Afterwards, visit a local Nubia Village to enjoy a traditional lunch and set sail to the Temple of Philae, an island complex dedicated to Isis. The evening is yours to stroll through aromatic spice markets and amble along the Corniche on the banks of the Nile.
Marvel at the ancient rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel this morning on an optional tour, or spend the morning at your leisure, perhaps exploring the Hanafi Bazaar, with its Pharaonic facade, genuine Nubian swords, handmade amulets and silk kaftans is a must.
Then it’s time to board your traditional Nile felucca overnight cruise. Sail down the fertile banks of the River Nile and watch the sky turn into a dark curtain as you fall asleep to the gentle swell of water as you sleep on the deck under the stars.
- Abu Simbel tour – marvel at the ancient rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel (approx. AUD $190 per person).
- Hotel – upgrade your felucca cruise to a hotel stay (approx. AUD $110 per person).
Disembarking your felucca this morning, you’ll visit the nearby temple of Horus at Edfu, before continuing on to Luxor.
A tourist mecca built on the Ancient capital of Thebes, Luxor is host to a wealth of ancient treasures, with the City of the Dead and rock-hewn tombs to the west, and Temples of Luxor and Karnak to the east. In the evening, enjoy a walking tour of the smaller, beautifully lit Luxor Temple.
Unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets in the West Bank today, starting with a visit to the Valley of the Kings. Discover the temples of Queen Hatshepsut and Deir-el-Medina, before continuing to the massive stone statues of Colossi of Memnon, the last remains of the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III.
Afterwards, explore the Karnak Temple of Amun, once the most important place of worship during the New Kingdom, famous for its giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall.
- Hot Air Balloon Flight – enjoy 360° panoramic views of Luxor from above, overlooking the Nile, ancient sites and the sleeping citadel in the early morning (approx. AUD $149 per person).
Leave the Nile valley this morning and drive along the Red Sea to your all-inclusive beach oasis in Hurghada.
Unwind along the coastal haven of the Red Sea today. The day is yours to spend at your leisure, perhaps snorkelling and scuba diving, or just lazing away on a recliner with a cocktail in-hand!
Travel back to Cairo today, taking in the backstreets and bazaars of Old Cairo, walking through the huge Bab al-Futuh getaway and exploring the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar – perhaps savouring a cup of mint tea and a shisha pipe.
- Hurghada to Cairo flight upgrade (AUD $230 per person).
Today is yours to spend at your leisure, before transferring to the airport for your flight home. Depending on your departure time, why not join a half-day tour of Coptic Cairo and the Citadel, or learn about the evolution of the pyramids at Saqqara, Dashour and Memphis.
Alternatively, why not extend your trip to see ancient Alexandria on the Mediterranean coast.
- Coptic Cairo and Citadel Half-Day Tour (AUD $75 per person).
- Saqqara, Dashour and Memphis Tour (AUD $75 per person).
- Alexandria Day Trip – only available for passengers extending their trip (AUD $195 per person).
- Post-Tour 5 Star Cairo Accommodation (AUD $95 per person, per night).
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from Canberra, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $275 per person
- Flights are economy class with Etihad or Emirates Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 30
- Transfers are only available on the first and last day of the tour, any arrivals and departures outside of these days will need to be organised by the guest
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies for those wishing to travel alone
- Travel Insurance – compulsory
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Tipping and gratuities – recommended at $10 per person, per day
- Entrance fees for sites – approximately USD $85 per person
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages