EGYPT: 12 Day Ancient Egypt Tour with Nile River Cruise Including Flights for Two
The mighty Nile and mightier monuments.
$7,198Valued at $9,998
Unravel the secrets of the Pyramids in Giza, admire the sunkissed Sphinx, unearth Pharaonic treasures in Luxor and recline in 5 Star luxury on the mighty river Nile.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 7 Night 5 Star Luxury Cruise on the River Nile
- Captivating Tours of Towering Pharaonic Temples, the Surviving Sphinx and Cairo and Luxor. Plus Ancient Pyramid Tours with a Real Egyptologist!
- Return International Flights for Two with Etihad or Emirates
- Return Airport Transfers
- 4 Nights of 4 Star Hotel Accommodation, Plus Daily Breakfast & 3 Lunches
- 7 Night 5 Star Luxury Cruise for Two Aboard the MS Princess Sarah II Cruise
- ALL Onboard Meals for Two – Delicious Daily Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners
- All On-ground Transport and Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- Breathtaking Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides and Egyptologist
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
- Cairo – Steinberger Cairo Pyramids Hotel or similar
- Alexandria – Grand Royal Alexandria Hotel or similar
- Nile River Cruise – MS Princess Sarah II or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 4, 11, 18, 25 October
- 1, 8, 15, 22 November
- 31 January
- 7, 14, 21, 28 February
- 6, 13, 20 March
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be enamoured by a millennia of grandeur and some of the last remaining wonders of the ancient world at the UNESCO listed Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx in Cairo.
- Unearth a wealth of ancient treasures and artefacts at the Museum of Ancient Antiquities and Tutankhamun exhibit.
- Enjoy a stress-free cruise down the Nile aboard the 5 Star MS Princess Sarah II, boasting a top deck pool and sundeck, huge dining room, live entertainment and gold-standard service.
- Witness the grand legacy of the Egyptians in the Valley of the Kings, as you uncover dusty tombs and temples, including the tomb of Ramses VI, the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III, and the Hatshepsut funerary temple at Deir El Bahari.
- Discover some of the lesser-known archeological treasures of this fascinating country with tours of Aswan, Kom Ombo and Edfu.
Have your bucket list and a pen ready as you embark on the adventure of a lifetime with your international flight to Cairo today!
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival, you will be met by a local representative and transferred to your hotel.
Traverse the desert to the outskirts of Cairo today to look upon the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza. From the bottom of these mammoth monuments, you’ll be enamoured by their immense stature and history as your local Egyptologist delivers a wealth of knowledge about these man-made marvels.
Afterwards, walk around the Egyptian Museum, home to Tutankhamun’s enormous trove and tomb, various mummies, jewellery and priceless artefacts.
The capital of Egypt for almost a thousand years before fading into oblivion, Alexandria is a city brimming with Pharaonic antiquities. From the haunting Catacombs of Kom Ash Shuqqafa and Pompey’s Pillar, to the ancient ruins of the Library of Alexandria, discover each of these magnificent sights with your Egyptologist in tow. Later, enjoy lunch before returning to your hotel for the evening.
After breakfast, visit Qaitbay Citadel. Although it looks like a small sand castle from afar, this impressive fortress has guarded Alexandria against the threats of crusaders since the fifteenth century and onwards. Afterwards, enjoy lunch and a stroll through the lush garden surrounds of the Montazah Palace. Return to Cairo for the evening.
Fly from Cairo to Luxor to board your 5 Star Nile Cruise! After you’ve checked in and dropped off your bags, enjoy a tour of the magnificent Luxor Temple in Ancient Egypt’s Kingdom capital of Thebes. Visit Karnak Temple of Amun with its famous Hypostyle Hall and 134 huge columns – each intricately carved with scenes of gods and Pharaohs – the Statue of Ramses II, the Obelisk of Queen Hatshepsut and the Sacred Lake. Return to the ship for the evening.
A tourist mecca built on Ancient Egypt’s Kingdom capital of Thebes, you’ll unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old riches in the West Bank today. On your expedition, you’ll discover the Tomb of Tutankhamun (optional) and other royal tombs, including Ramses VI in the Valley of the Kings.
Afterwards, visit the enormous Colossi of Memnon, the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III, and the Hatshepsut funerary temple at Deir El Bahari. Later, transfer back to your cruise ship for lunch. In the afternoon you will sail through the locks of Esna to Edfu while enjoying dinner on board.
- Optional activity – Tomb of Tutankhamun (AUD $50 per person, payable locally)
In the morning, sail to Edfu to visit the temple of the same name, before sailing to Kom Ombo where you will see the Sobek Temple. Dedicated to Sobek, the crocodile god, and Horus, the falcon-headed god, this unique building combines two temples in one, with each side having its own gateways and chapels.
En route to the Temple of Philae, a beautiful island dedicated to the Goddess Isis and reclaimed from the waters of Lake Nasser, you’ll visit the High Dam, before a traditional Nile felucca ride this afternoon. Sit back and relax as you glide past Elephantine Island, the Botanical Gardens, Kitchener Island and Agha Khan Mausoleum.
Enjoy a day to explore as you please, or just lounge around the ship watching the world go by. A visit to the Hanafi Bazaar, with its mock Pharaonic facade, genuine Nubian swords, handmade amulets and silk kaftans, is a must.
After breakfast, begin your journey to Edfu via Kom Ombo, with plenty of time to relax and take in the natural splendour on the banks either side of your luxury cruise ship.
Sail to Esna and take in some of the area’s iconic sights before sailing back to Luxor in the evening.
Bid farewell to your fellow passengers this morning as your Egyptian adventure comes to an end after breakfast. Disembark the MS Princess Sarah II and transfer to Luxor airport for your flight to Cairo, and connecting flight to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Etihad or Emirates Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 30
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $600 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Arrival and departure transfers from and to the airport are only available on the first and last day of the tour. Any arrivals and departures outside of these days will need to make their own arrangements to and from the airport.
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Tipping and gratuities (recommended AUD $15 per person, per day)
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages