EGYPT: 10 Day Walk Like an Egyptian Tour Including Flights for Two
Guided tours with a real Egyptologist.
$5,598Valued at $7,398
Be swept up in the sands of time as you embark on an adventure fit for a Pharaoh, traversing from the Pyramids of Giza to the haunting Valley of the Kings and the sunkissed sphinxes in Luxor on this 10 day expedition.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 5 Nights of 5 Star Hotel Accommodation, Plus 2 Nights Aboard an Overnight Sleeper Train
- Bask in the Aromas of Cairo’s Famous Bazaar, Marvel at Awe-Inspiring Ancient Temples and Pyramids, and Sail the River Nile Onboard a Traditional Felucca
- Return International Flights with Emirates or Etihad for Two
- 5 Nights of 5 Star Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 2 Nights Aboard an Overnight Sleeper Train in Private Twin-Berth Cabins for Two
- 1 Night Onboard a Traditional Felucca for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 2 Lunches and 3 Delicious Dinners
- Transfers in Private Air Conditioned Vehicles as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides and a Local Egyptologist Guide
- Cairo – Le Meridien Pyramids or similar
- Aswan – Helnan Aswan Hotel or similar
- Luxor – Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 May
- 7, 14, 21,
- 4*, 11*, 18*, 25* October
- 1*, 8*, 15*, 22*, 29* November
- 7*, 14*, 21*, 28* February
- 6*, 13*, 20*, 27* March
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be enamoured by a millennia of grandeur and some of the last remaining wonders of the ancient world at the UNESCO listed Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx in Cairo with a real Egyptologist on this incredible 10 day tour.
- Unearth a wealth of ancient treasures and artefacts at the Egyptian Museum, home to Tutankhamun exhibit.
- Glide along the serene banks of the Nile with an overnight felucca cruise, watching the pristine waters of the Nile go by over dinner!
- Witness the legacy of the great pharaohs at the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, with visits to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the great Colossi of Memnon.
- Discover some of the lesser-known archeological treasures of this fascinating country with tours of Aswan, Kom Ombo and Edfu.*
- Bask in the aromas of the Cairo’s famous Khan Al Khalili Bazaar, followed by a traditional Al Guri performance, showcasing traditional dervish-inspired dance, sufi vocals and vibrant percussion.
Have your bucket list and a pen ready as you board your international flight to Cairo today!
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival in Cairo, you will be met by a local representative who will direct you to the visa pick-up point (this must be pre-arranged) and transfer you to your hotel. Depending on what time you arrive, you could enjoy dinner on the iconic river Nile with an optional cruise.
- Nile Dinner Cruise – enjoy breathtakingly beautiful views as you sail along the ancient river that was once host to the Pharaohs, sweeping past the lively city capital while enjoying dinner (approx. AUD $89 per person).
Walk around the treasure trove of artifacts, mummies and jewellery at the Egypt Museum with your Egyptologist guide, including Tutankhamun’s enormous tomb!
Afterwards, traverse to the outskirts of Cairo to visit the sunkissed Sphinx and iconic Pyramids of Giza. You could even climb into the heart of a Pyramid with an optional tour. This evening transfer to the station for your overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
- Pyramid interior experience (approx. AUD $79 per person).
- Internal flight – upgrade your overnight sleeper train for a flight and hotel stay in Aswan (approx. AUD $359 per person).
On arrival in Aswan, transfer to your hotel overlooking the Nile’s cascading rapids. Afterwards, visit a local Nubia Village to enjoy a traditional lunch and set sail to the Temple of Philae, an island complex dedicated to Isis.
Then the evening is yours to bask in the aromas of Aswan’s spice markets or perhaps enjoy an optional camel ride to St. Simeon’s Monastery.
- Camel ride to St. Simeon’s Monastery (approx. AUD $89 per person).
Marvel at the ancient rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel this morning on an optional tour, or at your leisure. A visit to the Hanafi Bazaar, with its Pharaonic facade, genuine Nubian swords, handmade amulets and silk kaftans is a must.
Then it’s time to board your traditional Nile felucca overnight cruise. Sail down the fertile banks of the River Nile and watch the sky turn into a dark curtain as you fall asleep to the gentle swell of water as you sleep on the deck under the stars.
- Abu Simbel tour – marvel at the ancient rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel (approx. AUD $149 per person).
- Hotel – upgrade your felucca cruise to a hotel stay (approx. AUD $89 per person).
Disembarking your felucca this morning, you’ll visit the nearby temples of Kom Ombo and Horus at Edfu, before continuing on to Luxor.
A tourist mecca built on the Ancient capital of Thebes, Luxor is host to a wealth of ancient treasures, with the City of the Dead and rock-hewn tombs to the west, and Temples of Luxor and Karnak to the east. In the evening, enjoy a walking tour of the smaller, beautifully lit Luxor Temple.
Unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets in the West Bank today, starting your tour with a visit to the Valley of the Kings. Discover the temples of Queen Hatshepsut and Medinet Habu, before continuing to the massive stone statues of Colossi of Memnon, the last remains of the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III.
This afternoon, you are free to explore or perhaps relax with a traditional Turkish coffee in an ahwa.
- Hot Air Balloon Flight – enjoy 360° panoramic views of Luxor from above, overlooking the Nile, ancient sites and the sleeping citadel in the early morning (approx. AUD $149 per person).
Enjoy a well deserved sleep in this morning and after lunch visit the Karnak Temple of Amun, once the most important place of worship during the New Kingdom, famous for its giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall.
This evening, board your overnight sleeper train back to Cairo.
Spend your last full day in this historic city exploring the labyrinthine streets on your own. As lunchtime rolls around, be sure to keep an eye out for shops selling kushari – the unofficial national dish.
Then, discover stalls selling everything from aromatic spices, pottery and soap powder, to carvings of Egyptian pharaohs, in the open air Khan Al Khalili Bazaar on a guided tour. Afterwards, watch a traditional Ali Guri sufi performance, showcasing dervish-inspired dance.
- Alexandra day trip (approx. AUD $169 per person).
- Cairo city tour (approx. AUD $79 per person).
- Saqqara, Dashour and Memphis (approx. AUD $99 per person).
Your spellbinding Egyptian expedition comes to an end after breakfast, so bid your fellow passengers goodbye as you transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
Flight Information: :
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from Canberra, Adelaide or Hobart are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights from Perth or Darwin are available for an additional $550 per person
- Flights are economy class with Etihad or Emirates, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 16
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- An extra night’s accommodation in Cairo either pre or post tour can be arranged from AUD $89 per person
- Arrival and departure transfers from and to the airport are only available on the first and last day of the tour. Any arrivals and departures outside of these days will need to make their own arrangements to and from the airport
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Entrance fees – approx. AUD $115 per person
- Tipping/Gratuities – approx. AUD $65 per person
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages