EGYPT: 10 Day Cairo & Nile Cruise Tour for Two
Walk like an Egyptian!
Uncover Egypt’s treasure trove of history as you accompany an Egyptologist tour guide to the most astounding landmarks along the meandering Nile River on this unforgettable 10 day journey through time.
- 3 Nights of Hotel Accommodation in Cairo
- Explore Luxor, Edfu, Kom Ombo and Aswan with 4 Nights of 5 Star Accommodation on Your Nile River Cruise
- Uncover Egypt’s Awe-Inspiring Ancient Marvels in Saqqara, Cairo, Alexandria and More!
- 3 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 2 Nights of Accommodation on a Sleeper Train
- 4 Night 5 Star Nile River Cruise with Full Board
- Daily Breakfast, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- All Entrance Fees and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Airport Transfers
- Cairo – Hilton Pyramids Golf or similar
- Cruise – Solaris 2 or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29 February
- 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 March
- 23, 25, 30 April
- 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 May
- 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27 June
- 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 July
- 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29 August
- 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Walk like an Egyptian! Wind through Egypt’s oldest temples, necropoles and pyramids as you sail along the historic Nile River on this breathtaking 10 day tour.
- Step back in time as you gaze upon the world’s oldest pyramid, the Step Pyramid of Djoser, while gaining insightful information from your Egyptologist tour guide at the vast Saqqara burial ground.
- Cruise down the pristine waters of the Nile, stopping to admire the ancient wonders of Luxor, Edfu, Kom Ombo and Aswan!
- Uncover the archaic history of Egypt amongst the luminous monuments of Cairo, exploring the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities and marvelling at the alabaster facade of the Mosque of Muhammad Ali.
- Embrace the mystical beauty of Alexandria with a visit to the astounding Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, Roman Theatre, Pompey’s Pillar and Montaza Palace.
Greetings Cairo! Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Join your Egyptologist tour guide this morning and set out to explore the vast ancient burial ground of Saqqara. Here, you will admire the world’s oldest pyramid, dating back over 4200 years, the Step Pyramid of Djoser, before enjoying an Oriental Egyptian lunch with a stellar view of the pyramids.
Marvel at the extraordinary scale and construction of the sunkissed Pyramids of Giza and gaze up at the majestic Sphinx as you uncover the secrets of the last remaining wonder of the ancient world.
Afterwards, you will be transferred to your overnight sleeper train, bound for Luxor.
Unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets at the Theban Necropolis today, kicking things off with a visit to the Valley of the Kings where you will discover the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir-el-Medina before continuing to the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon.
At lunch, board your luxurious 5 star Nile River Cruise.
Discover the ancient wonderland that is the Temple of Karnak, a ‘holy city’ of elegant lotus columns, hypostyle halls, statues, shrines and obelisks. Aftwards, roam the marvellous Luxor Temple Complex, a collection of halls and chambers with a peristyle court, once linked to Karnak via the Avenue of Sphinxes.
- Balloon Ride over the West Bank – catch an early-morning look at the mortuary temples of the West Bank from a hot air balloon (approx. USD $75 per person).
Arrive in the desert city of Edfu and pass through the imposing facade of the Temple of Horus, one of the best-preserved monuments in Egypt with depictions of pharaohs visible to this day.
Continue on to Kom Ombo where the striking Temple of Kom Ombo dominates a bend on the edge of the Nile and the famous mummified crocodiles have been laid to rest.
This evening, embrace the warm night with a galabeya party back on the cruise.
Board a motor boat and glide over the sparkling waters of Lake Nasser to the serene Philae Temple Complex on Agilkia Island. Trading the motor boat for a felucca sailboat, cruise past the lush Aswan Botanical Garden and majestic Mausoleum of Aga Khan.
After breakfast, disembark your Nile River Cruise and enjoy some free time in Aswan, perhaps browsing the selection of traditional crafts at the Old Souk Market.
Transfer to Aswan Train Station where you will board your sleeper train back to Cairo.
- Abu Simbel Visit – marvel at the ancient rock temples of Abu Simbel (approx. $75 per person).
- Nubian Village Visit – visit a traditional Nubian village (approx. USD $25 per person).
Meet your Egyptologist tour guide this morning and head to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, home to over 250,000 objects including the Tutankhamun collection of treasure.
Embrace exquisite views of the Nile with an Oriental Egyptian lunch before being awestruck by the ornamental beauty of the Mosque of Muhammad Ali, towering above Cairo’s sprawling cityscape.
- Dinner Nile Cruise – enjoy a delightful dinner while cruising along the Nile (approx. USD $55 per person).
- Sound and Light Show – watch the Giza Pyramid Complex light up tonight with a sound and light show (approx USD $45 per person).
Spend a full day exploring the legendary city of Alexandria, once home to the other-worldly Pharos of Alexandria and now the cultural capital of Egypt.
Visit the spectacular Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, Roman Theatre and Pompey’s Pillar before admiring unspoilt views of the Citadel of Qaitbay from outside Montaza Palace.
After a final breakfast, your adventure through Egypt comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 30
- International flights
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements (USD $25 per person)
- Optional tipping
- Items of personal nature
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages