EGYPT: 10 Day Ancient Egypt Tour with Nile River Cruise Including Flights (For Two)
Uncover ancient treasures along the mighty Nile.
Unravel the secrets of the Pyramids in Giza, admire the sunkissed Sphinx, unearth Pharaonic treasures in Luxor and recline in 5 Star luxury on the mighty river Nile.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 3 Night 5 Star Luxury Cruise on the River Nile Aboard the MS Princess Sarah II
- Captivating Tours of Towering Pharaonic Temples, the Iconic Sphinx, Cairo and Luxor. Plus Ancient Pyramid Tours with a Real Egyptologist!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 5 Nights of 4 Star Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 4 Lunches & 5 Dinners
- 3 Nights Aboard the 5 Star MS Princess Sarah II Cruise
- All On-ground Transport and Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- Breathtaking Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides and Egyptologists
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
- Cairo – Oasis Hotel or similar
- Hurghada – Grand Seas Resort or similar
- Nile River Cruise – MS Princess Sarah II or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 1, 8, 15, 22 February
- 1, 8, 15, 22 March
- 3, 10, 17, 24 May
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be enamoured by a millennia of grandeur and some of the last remaining wonders of the ancient world as you venture to the capital of modern Egypt, Cairo and unearth historic monuments in Luxor, Ancient Egypt’s capital of Thebes.
- Accompany a professional Egyptologist as you uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza. Discover the Great Pyramid, the awe-inspiring Sphinx and the magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara – the first pyramid ever constructed.
- Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime cruise as you set sail down the mighty Nile aboard the 5 Star MS Princess Sarah II, boasting a top deck pool and sundeck, huge dining room, live entertainment and gold-standard service.
- Discover some of the lesser-known archeological treasures of this fascinating country with tours of Aswan, Kom Ombo and Edfu.
- Witness the grand legacy of the Egyptians in the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, with visits to the temples of Queen Hatshepsut and the enormous Colossi of Memnon.
- Explore Hurghada, a tourist oasis off the coast of the glorious Red Sea brimming with recreational activities, including snorkelling, scuba diving and camel rides (at own expense).
Have your bucket list and a pen ready as you embark on the adventure of a lifetime with your international flight to Cairo today!
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival, you will be met by a local representative and transferred to your hotel.
Traverse the desert to the outskirts of Cairo today to look upon the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza. Then, visit the magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara, the first ever pyramid constructed. From the bottom of these mammoth monuments, you’ll be enamoured by their immense stature and history as your local Egyptologist delivers a wealth of knowledge about these man-made marvels.
Fly from Cairo to Aswan to board your 5 Star Nile Cruise! After you’ve checked in and freshened up, your magnificent Nile quest begins at the High Dam of Aswan, before setting off on a short boat ride to Agilkia Island. Once there, explore the Temple of Philae, a beautiful island temple dedicated to the Goddess Isis that was reclaimed from the waters of Lake Nasser.
Spend the morning at leisure or embark on an optional tour of Abu Simbel. Then, begin your journey to Luxor, with a visit to Kom-Ombo where you will see the Sobek Temple. Dedicated to Sobek, the crocodile god, and Horus, the falcon-headed god, this unique building combines two temples in one, with each side having its own gateways and chapels.
Afterwards, visit the well-preserved Edfu Temple, before spending the night onboard your 5 star cruise ship.
- Abu Simbel Morning Tour – prepare for golden sunrises cascading over the temples built by Ramses II as you visit the amazing UNESCO World Heritage listed Abu Simbel (AUD $XX, per person) .
After breakfast this morning, you’ll arrive in Luxor, a tourist mecca built on Ancient Egypt’s capital of Thebes. Visit Karnak Temple of Amun, once the most important place of worship in Egypt during the New Kingdom, famous for its giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall.
Then, enjoy a walking tour of the smaller, albeit beautifully lit, Luxor Temple. Spend the evening on the ship.
Disembark the MS Princess Sarah II this morning as you get ready to unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets in the ancient Valley of the Kings. On your expedition, you’ll have the opportunity to enter some the incredible tombs of New Kingdom Pharaohs, including Tutankhamun.
Then, discover the temples of Queen Hatshepsut – the only Pharaonic woman who reigned ancient Egypt – and the enormous Colossi of Memnon – the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III. This afternoon, you’ll traverse expanses of barren mountain ranges and wild desert, scattered with lonely ruins as you leave the Nile Valley and drive to resort-country in Hurghada on the Red Sea coast.
After all the adventure of the past week, take today to relax and unwind, surrounded by the pristine beauty of Hurghada and the Red Sea. A tourist oasis brimming with recreational adventures, including a luxurious pool and plenty of optional water sports, such as snorkelling, scuba diving and windsurfing, you’ll find an abundance of things to do in Hurghada!
This morning, sit back and enjoy the scenery flashing past on your return journey to Cairo. After some time to freshen up at the hotel, walk around the Egyptian Museum, home to Tutankhamun’s enormous trove and tomb, various mummies, jewellery and priceless artefacts.
In the afternoon, enjoy a guided tour through the back streets and bazaars of Central Cairo. Discover stalls selling everything from spices, pottery and soap powder, to carvings of Egyptian pharaohs, in the medieval-style Khan Al Khalili bazaar.
Your spellbinding Egyptian expedition comes to an end after breakfast, so bid your fellow passengers goodbye as you transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Etihad or Emirates Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Transfers are only available on the first and last day of the tour, any arrivals and departures outside of these days will need to be organised by the guest
- Travel Insurance – compulsory
- Visa – compulsory
- Tipping and gratuities – recommended at $100 per person
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages