EASTERN EUROPE: 12 Day Highlights of Eastern Europe Tour Including Flights for Two
A trip fit for a fairytale.
$6,998Valued at $8,998
Your fairytale adventure begins in Munich and takes you through some of Europe’s most fascinating hotspots – from the castles of Krakow and Nuremberg to the fabled charm of Prague and glittering Vienna.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two in Some of Europe’s Most Historic Cities
- 12 Days Exploring Seven Magical Countries, from Munich to Prague, Budapest and Salzburg to Ljubljana
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Breakfast Daily and 5 Delicious Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air Conditioned Coach as per Itinerary
- Exciting Tours and Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- English-Speaking Guide Throughout Your Trip
- Airport Taxes and Porterage Fees
- Munich – AZIMUT Hotel Munich City or similar
- Prague – Hotel Duo or similar
- Krakow – Hotel Polonia or similar
- Budapest – Ibis Budapest City or similar
- Vienna – Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schoenbrunn or similar
- Ljubljana – Hotel Park or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 29 May
- 12, 26 June
- 21 August
- 4, 18 September
- 2 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Embark on a journey fit for a fairytale, as you drink authentic German beer in Munich, walk through history in Krakow and experience the opulence and grandeur of Budapest and Vienna on this Eastern Europe quest.
- Discover the great cities of Germany – including Munich and Nuremberg – with great feasts, authentic beer and bewitching history.
- Prepare to be enraptured by the folk charm of Prague, home to some of the most incredible architecture in the world from stunning Baroque buildings to grand Gothic churches.
- Take a look at a darker time in Krakow’s history with a tour of the Auschwitz concentration camp. At least 1.1 million prisoners died at Auschwitz, which is now a museum that provides a sombre reminder of the Holocaust.
- Savour the beauty of Buda and Pest with a driving tour past the Danube River, and a free day to soak your weary traveller’s bones in one of the city’s bathhouses or sample Hungarian delicacies.
- Explore the fascinating cities of Vienna, Salzburg and Ljubljana, where the magnificent architecture and stunning views are like something from a medieval romance.
Your quest is about to begin, so ready your bags and board your international flight to Eastern Europe!
Willkommen to Germany! On arrival in Munich, check-in to your hotel and meet your fellow travellers. Depending on what time you arrive, head into the bustling city centre to take in the sights on an orientation tour. Then, this evening, enjoy dinner in a traditional beer hall with a world-class glass of local brew. Prost!
A treasure trove of architectural marvels, historical significance and the preferred residence of the German monarchy, Nuremberg is your first stop before continuing to Prague today.
If you thought the beer was good in Munich, wait until you taste a stein of Prague’s infamous brew. Known for its elaborate baroque architecture, quirky bars and labyrinthine, cobbled lanes, get your bearings of this stunning city with a walking tour, then experience true, authentic Czech cuisine at a local restaurant for dinner.
Equal to Paris in terms of beauty, you’ll need a second SD card just to capture all of Prague’s splendour on this free day. You could revisit some of the places you saw yesterday, admire the majestic Prague Castle or put your stamp on the city at the Lennon Wall! Did we mention that absinthe was created here?
Leaving Prague behind, continue to Krakow, the royal capital of Poland for centuries and home to over 2.3 million artworks! Before embarking on a walking tour of this treasure-trove city, you’ll take a look at a darker time in Krakow’s history with a tour of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
Originally constructed to hold Polish political prisoners in 1940, it went on to become a major site of the Nazi activity. This sobering site is now a museum that serves as a horrific reminder of the Holocaust and the 1.1 million lives lost there.
The day is yours to explore the city further as you wish. You could visit the renaissance cloth hall in the main market square, the Renaissance-era Wawel Royal Castle or embark on a gastronomic expedition of local delicacies!
On your way to Budapest, stop briefly in Slovakia’s Banska Bystrica, a picturesque town with beautiful buildings dating back to the late Middle Ages. Then you’re off to Budapest!
Discover the wonders of the “Queen of the Danube” as you savour the beauty of Buda and Pest, which lie either side of the Danube River, on a driving tour of the city. Keep your camera primed and ready – there are enough baroque, eclectic and art nouveau buildings to satisfy everyone.
Tonight’s meal is at a local restaurant, so savour the chance to try some of the local cuisine!
Today is your chance to get up close and personal with Budapest, we hope you were taking note of spots to revisit from yesterday!
You could soak your weary traveller’s bones in one of the city’s bathhouses – something Budapest has been known for since the Roman times – enjoy Hungary’s excellent selection of wines and goulash, or look out for remnants of WWII and the uprising of 1956!
Leave Budapest and head for Vienna today, stopping for a comfort break in Bratislava where you’ll get to see some of the key sites, including Bratislava Castle. On arrival in Vienna, Baroque streetscapes and imperial grandeur meet you at almost every turn, as you wind through the city on a driving tour.
Later, enjoy an included dinner, before some free time to take in the sights at your leisure – the music scene here is a must!
A sea of red rooftops and river running through the centre of Graz will greet you today as you bid Vienna goodbye, before continuing to Ljubljana. On arrival, embark on a walking tour of this little gem of a city.
You’re sure to be entranced by the beauty of this city where you’re only ever just minutes from incredible sights, delicious food and adventures! Enjoy at leisure tonight.
You’d be forgiven for thinking you’d dropped into a fairytale this morning, with a formidable clifftop fortress and the mountains beyond, Salzburg definitely meets all the criteria! Enjoy some free time to explore this city that was home to Mozart and The Sound of Music, before pressing on to Munich.
Your final evening in Munich is yours to do as you wish. You could try on some traditional lederhosen, drink a stein of beer in another beer hall with your new-found friends or enjoy a good ol’ bratwurst or authentic bretzel (pretzel) in a local eatery.
Your Eastern Europe adventure concludes after breakfast today! Go home with fond memories, new friendships and spectacular photos!
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Emirates, Qantas, Etihad or Qatar Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departure times
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Group size – min 2 people; max 48 people
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1000 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport transfers
- Tips/Gratuities – AUD $12 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages