EAST ASIA: 14 Day South Korea & Japan Tour Including Flights for Two
Discover the soul of Seoul and bubbling Tokyo.
$7,998Valued at $10,998
Brush up on your hangul and nihon as you immerse yourself in the mosaic of cultures, majestic ancient architecture and natural wonders of South Korea and Japan on this incredible 14 day getaway.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast and Heaps More Meals as per the Itinerary
- Immerse Yourself in the Joseon-Period Splendour of Andong, Visit Asia’s Oldest Astronomical Observatory, Get Snuggly with Deers in Nara and Admire Mt. Fuji from the 5th Station
- Return International Flights for Two with Asiana Airlines
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 5 Lunches and 2 Dinners for Two
- All Transportation via Coach as per the Itinerary
- Entry Fees and Tours with Experienced Guides
- Bullet Train from Kyoto to Shizuoka for Two
- Return Airport Transfers
- Seoul – Ramada Hotel or similar
- Gangwon-do – Speedium Resort & Hotel or similar
- Daegu – Queen Vell or similar
- Daegu Gyeongju – Hanwha Resort or similar
- Osaka – Plaza Hotel Osaka or similar
- Kyoto – Apa Hotel Kyoto Ekimae or similar
- Shizuoka – Hotel Crown Palais Hamamatsu or similar
- Touko – Tobu Hotel Levant Tokyo or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 27 February
- 5, 12*, 19*, 26*, 29* March
- 2, 9 April
- 14, 28 May
- 4, 18* June
- 13, 27 August
- 3 September
- 8, 22*, 29* October
- 5*, 12* November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Whether you’re a J-Pop or K-Drama fanatic, nature lover or history buff, this incredible 14 day has something for you as you uncover the hidden depths of Korea and Japan’s natural beauty, gorgeous architecture and distinct cultures.
- Be swept away by the sheer cliffs, lush forests and array of wildlife in Seoraksan National Park, exploring Sinheungsa Temple, and admiring the sweeping vistas from the summit of Mount Seoraksan at Gwongeumseong Fortress.
- Get lost in the labyrinth of tiny alleys and gorgeous old Korean homes in the cultural havens of Andong and Bukchon Hanok Village, travel to Cheomseongdae, the oldest astronomical observatory in Asia, and marvel at the traditional architecture of Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul
- Gain voyeuristic insight into the political climate between North and South Korea at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, learning about the historical tension and significance of the zone.
- Breathe in the fresh forest air of Nara Park, weaving through trails to reach the breathtaking 15m high golden Buddha at Todaiji Temple. Try to grab a photo opportunity with wild deer along the way!
- Cross Edo-era double moats at Nijo Castle, once home to the Tokugawa Shogunate and admire the blinding beauty of The Golden Pavilion, covered with thin layers of pure gold.
- Marvel at majestic views of Mt. Fuji from 5th Station and visit Oishi Park for luminous Lake Kawaguchi vistas.
Yeoboseyo, South Korea! Pack your bags for an East-Asia adventure of a lifetime as you board your international flight to Seoul.
Touch down in Seoul! Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Leave Seoul for the breathtaking cliffs, lush forests, sheer mountains and array of wildlife in Seoraksan National Park this morning, stopping off in the coastal fishing town of Sokcho – home to residents originally hailing from North Korea.
Upon arrival in Seoraksan National Park, explore Sinheungsa Temple and ascend Mount Seoraksan via cable car to Gwongeumseong Fortress, a ruined stone rampart perched at the summit.
You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a Joseon-period K-drama as you stroll past the traditional thatch-roofed houses of Andong this morning, a cultural haven renowned as the birthplace of soju and wooden masks.
Continue to the stunning hillside village of Mabijeong Mural Village, before arriving in Daegu to wander through the illustrious streets of Dongseongno Shopping District.
Travel to the seventh-century Cheomseongdae in the Gyeongju region this morning, the oldest astronomical observatory in Asia, where you can gain insight into this Silla Kingdom monument.
Then, marvel at ancient artifacts at Gyeongju National Museum, zen out at Bulguksa Temple and get spiritual at Seokguram Grotto, home to a majestic granite statue of Buddha. Heading southeast, watch nightfall on the glimmering Wolji Pond and Donggung Palace.
Take a trip to the Korean Demilitarized Zone located between North and South Korea this morning, where you’ll learn about the historical tension and significance of the zone, visiting Imjingak (Freedom Bridge), the 3rd Tunnel (Dorasan Observatory) and Dorasan Station.
Wonder at the Presidential Blue House, get lost in the labyrinth of tiny alleys and gorgeous old Korean homes in Bukchon Hanok Village and marvel at the scenic panorama from Seoullo 7017 this morning on a guided tour, before getting amongst the traditional architecture of Gyeongbokgung Palace.
Annyeong, Korea, and kon’nichiwa, Japan! Bid farewell to Seoul this morning as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Osaka! Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Start your morning with a visit to Nara, stopping at the Todaiji Temple, home to the largest Buddha statue in the world. Make sure to pet the holy deers surrounding the temple as you wander back through Nara Park!
Continue through the wooded hills of Kiayama to visit the dazzling Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji) in Kyoto. This sun-blinding temple is covered in thin layers of pure gold that glitters on the Mirror Pond (Kyoko-chi).
Walk over Edo-era double moats, past traditional buildings, massive walls and watchtowers into Nijo Castle, the Kyoto residence of the Tokugawa Shogunate this morning.
Later, board your Shinkansen Bullet Train from Kyoto to Shizuoka. Travelling at speeds of up to 280km/hour, you’ll see more of Japan than you ever thought possible in the blink of an eye.
Hidden within lush forest, make a stop at the tranquil waters of Lake Ashi, before visiting Oishi Park for breathtaking vistas of lavender, Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi.
Then, ascend to the 5th Station, a massive 2300m above sea level, for commanding vistas of the Fuji Five Lakes. Travel to Tokyo this evening.
Please note views from the 5th Station are subject to the weather
Explore all that remains of an Edo-era paradise with a visit to the beautifully manicured Hama-Rikyu Gardens, before cruising the watercolour Sumida River and visiting Asakusa Kannon Temple (Sensoji Temple), the oldest Buddhist temple in Japan.
Next stop – Nakamise shopping street. Cap off your day with a visit the Shinjuku Municipal Observation Building for panoramic Tokyo vistas.
Sayonara, Japan! Spend the day at leisure before heading to the airport for your flight to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with Asiana or similar, subject to availability
- Maximum checked luggage capacity of 15kg per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 6, maximum 40
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Inclusions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages