CHINA & JAPAN: 17 Day Oriental China Tour & Japan Cruise Including Flights for Two (Departing BNE)
Explore dynastic China and cruise through ancient Japan.
$4,798Valued at $6,798
Whether you want to climb the Great Wall of China, explore the temple haven of Kyoto or see buzzing Tokyo, this tour has it all. Uncover dynastic heritage in Beijing and neon-drenched Shanghai before crossing the seas to discover Japan!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of China Hotel Accommodation with a 7 Night Luxury Cruise Hop to Kyoto and Dazzling Tokyo
- Get Lost in China’s History in Tiananmen Square, Unearth the Enchanting Beauty of Hangzhou and Wuxi, and Watch Ancient Japan Come Alive Perhaps with a Stroll Through the Kyoto Old Quarter
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of 4 Star China Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 7 Night Luxury Cruise for Two Aboard the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s Spectrum of the Seas – Choose from an Inside, Oceanview or Balcony Cabin
- All Onboard Meals, Entertainment and Gratuities
- Breathtaking Tours and Sightseeing Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transport and Transfers as per the Itinerary
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Tour Guides
- Tips and Gratuities for Tour Guides
The next generation in the Quantum Fleet, the Spectrum of the Seas has everything you need to relax and reinvigorate the senses. Feel your adrenaline levels spike in the Sky Pad, a bungee trampoline experience, watch robots create your custom juice, spice up supper time at Sichuan Road (own expense) or boogie like it’s the 70’s!
- Available for departure on 20 March 2020
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Uncover the depths of China’s heritage listed landscapes and millennia-old dynastic era architecture, before immersing yourself in Japan’s natural beauty, ancient architecture and distinct culture on this 17 day oriental adventure.
- Explore the hustle and bustle of Beijing, the history of Tiananmen Square and the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Admire the glistening waters of Hangzhou’s West Lake, revel in the scenic vistas and watercolour of Suzhou’s ‘Oriental Venice’ and Wuxi’s tranquil Lake Lihu.
- Uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East in Shanghai’s Bund, and marvel at Shanghai’s contemporary art scene, gorgeous gardens and larger than life skyscrapers.
- Making port in the temple haven of Kyoto, you could weave through the maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine and admire the breathtaking gardens surrounding Nijo Castle.
- Soak up the Tokyo buzz with free time to visit the neon-drenched Akihabara, trendy Harajuku or the evergreen Yoyogi Park.
Pack your bags for a jam-packed adventure as you board your international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, you’ll transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to Day 1
Visit Tiananmen Square this morning, the largest square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China, home to the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the National Museum of China and the Mausoleum of Chairman Mao Zedong. Then, the rest of the day is yours!
- Hutong Tour (L) – enjoy a tour of the traditional Hutong neighbourhood via rickshaw before enjoying an authentic lunch cooked by a local family (AUD $62 per person).
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this marvel.
En route back to Beijing, see artisans crafting traditional Chinese blue enamelware at a cloisonne factory and admire the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube from the Beijing Olympics.
- Golden Mask Dynasty – enjoy a traditional Chinese performance (AUD $68 per person).
Enjoy a close-up view of giant pandas this morning at the Beijing Zoo, before learning about the benefits of herbal medicine, acupuncture and massage at a traditional chinese medicine centre.
Afterwards, board a high speed bullet train to Suzhou this morning. Known as the Oriental Venice, Suzhou is home to exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas and beautiful gardens.
- Suzhou Grand Canal Boat Tour – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (AUD $40 per person).
Visit the magnificent Lingering Garden this morning, known for its charming halls and unique imperial architecture enriched by a 500-year history.Then, it’s off to a silk spinning factory to discover the mysterious ways of silk processing before travelling by coach to Wuxi.
Get lost in the scenic beauty of Li Lake Park before marvelling at the tranquil waters of Lake Lihu, followed by a visit to one of the largest freshwater pearl exhibitions in the country and travelling to Hangzhou.
Aptly named by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, experience the beauty firsthand with an evening at leisure.
Continue onto the West Lake this morning, home to mesmerising pagoda-topped hills and willows before finishing off your Hangzhou tour at a Tea Plantation to learn about the process of picking Longjing tea leaves.
Afterwards, head to neon-drenched Shanghai to uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East along Shanghai’s Bund.
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (AUD $79 per person).
Immerse yourself in Chinese history today as you step back through time at the Shanghai Museum, home to more than 120,000 pieces of art. Then, the rest of the day is yours to explore at your leisure, perhaps joining an optional half day tour of Yu Garden or Nanjing Road.
- Shanghai Half Day Sightseeing Tour – visit the extraordinary Yu Garden, believed to have been built more than 400 years ago, amongst other key hot spots (AUD $38 per person).
- Huangpu River Cruise – sail along the tranquil waters of the Huangpu River – a must-see for any visitor! (AUD $50 per person)
Zaijian, Shanghai! Transfer to Baoshan this morning to embark on your extraordinary Japan cruise!
Today is yours to learn to ride the swell on the Flowrider, take the plunge with movies in the pool and immerse yourself in Nehon with an onboard Japanese class!
Welcome to Kyoto! You’ll be able to walk through the thousands of vermilion torii gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine and admire the lush gardens surrounding Nijo Castle at your leisure today.
Spend the morning soaking up the wonder of Kyoto, before hopping back on board for some me time.
Discover the Solarium today, a relaxing indoor-outdoor retreat just for adults with swimming pools, whirlpools and cascading lagoons.
Soak up your last full day in Japan with some Tokyo buzz. Maybe get lost in a world of electronics in Akihabara, the trendy streets of Harajuku and Ginza, the grounds of the Imperial Palace Garden or the evergreen Yoyogi Park.
Spend the next three days living the high seas life as you’re wined and dined at the sunshine bar at sunset, treated to authentic Japanese at Izumi (own expense) and learn to roll sushi like a pro with an onboard class.
Welcome back to China and farewell your luxury Spectrum of the Seas cruise! Your trip comes to an end today as you make your own way to the airport for your flight to Australia.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other cities are available for an additional cost per person:
- Brisbane – $199 per person
- Adelaide or Perth – $299 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Upgrades are available for an additional cost:
- Oceanview Cabin – from $99 per person
- Balcony Cabin – from $199 per person
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – China visas are compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages