CHINA: 9 Day China & Yangtze Cruise Package Including Flights for Two
Discover the sights, tastes & cultures of China.
$2,798Valued at $5,198
Enlighten the senses with majestic landscapes, gorgeous riverside locales, dynastic heritage sights and millennial old Terracotta armies on this breathtaking tour through China.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Accommodation with Daily Breakfast and Many More Delicious Meals as per the Itinerary
- Cruise Down the Yangtze on a Luxury Cruise, Meet Giant Pandas and Visit Dynastic-Era Cities
- Return International Flights for Two
- 3 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 4 Night Yangtze River Cruise for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 5 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Transportation via Private Air Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- Gratuities and Tipping for Tour Guides
- Chengdu – Holiday Inn Qinhuang or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Gold 6 or similar
- Xi’an – Grand Noble or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 5, 12,19, 26 April
- 3, 10, 14, 24, 31 May
- 7 June
- 26* July
- 16, 23, 30 August
- 6*, 13*, 20*, 27* September
- 4, 11, 18, 25 October
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 28 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Explore the diverse natural beauty, ancient history, hidden temples and iconic landmarks of China on this incredible 9 day tour, traversing through urban hubs, natural wonders and the tranquil waters of the Yangtze River, Chengdu and Xi’an.
- Take a step back in time with a stroll through Jinli Street in Chengdu and grab a feel for life in the Qing dynasty, with ancient archways and stalls brimming with locals wearing traditional dynastic garbs selling heritage arts, crafts and local delicacies.
- Cruise down the Yangtze River on a four night cruise, watching the scenery lined banks of the river float by with a cocktail in hand. Perhaps unwind with an onboard spa treatment or laze out by the pool!
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring panoramas of the Three Gorges, lined with local riverside towns and sacred temples, cruising through the magnificent Xiling Gorge and the Mountains of Eastern Sichuan.
- Be swept away by the iconic Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, and be dazzled by the incredible detail carved into each of the 7,000 soldiers, horses, and chariots, guarding the grave of Emperor Qin for more than 2000 years!
Ni Hao China! Pack your bags for an unforgettable adventure as your board your international flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Depending on airline availability, some travellers may depart Australia prior to Day 1.
Transfer to Yichang today to board your luxury Yangtze River Cruise Liner for a four night cruise down the tranquil waters of the Yangtze.
Kickstart your day with some morning exercise on board, surrounded by the breathtaking gorges. Spend your day unwinding onboard or perhaps take part in the optional activities on offer. After a day of adventuring or relaxing, enjoy a Captain’s Welcome Banquet and a Chinese Dancing Ball.
- Three Gorges Dam Site – visit one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind, built as one of the biggest hydropower projects in the world (AUD $85 per person).
- Tribe of the Three Gorges – take a tour to the Tribe of the Three Gorges, a scenic spot abundant with natural wonders and home to the local Ba and Shu village (AUD $85 per person).
Enjoy another leisurely day onboard, cruising into the Western section of the Xiling Gorge. Alternatively, you can partake in the optional activity on offer today.
- White Emperor City – visit White Emperor City, an ancient temple located atop the Baldi Mountain on the Northern bank of the Yangtze (AUD $85 per person).
Pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan today. Take advantage of your final day on the ship by perhaps enjoying a day by the pool or at the spa. Enjoy a farewell dinner tonight with your cruise buddies.
- Fengdu Ghost City – embark on a tour of Fengdu Ghost City, otherwise known as the ‘city of ghosts’. Located on Ming Mountain, this temple complex is decorated with instruments of punishment and demon paintings, demonstrating a Chinese version of hell (AUD $85 per person).
Disembark your cruise today in Chongqing and transfer to Xi’an. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Explore the ancient wonders of Xi’an today, China’s ancient capital reigning for over 1,000 years and home to many precious relics and heritage sites.
Visit the Terracotta Warriors, and be mesmerised by the army of over 7,000 terracotta soldiers, archers, horses and chariots that have guarded the tomb of Emperor Qin since 210BC. This ancient marvel is widely considered as one of the eight wonders of the world and was only discovered in 1974!
After lunch, embark on a guided walk through the buzzing Moslem Street where you can sample local delights like shiliuzhi (pomegranate juice) and chuan’er (kabob skewers).
Begin your day with a visit to the Wild Goose Pagoda, a site of Buddhist pilgrimage used by ancient scholars to translate Buddhist scriptures into Chinese. Continue onto the Provincial Museum where you can find archeological relics dating back over 20,000 years. Next stop, the Ancient City Wall, the oldest and best-preserved city wall in China.
After, say goodbye to your travel buddies as you transfer to the airport to board your international flight home to Australia.
- Tang Dynasty Performance – be taken on a journey with a performance narrating the triumphs and tribulations of the ancient Tang Dynasty (AUD $45 per person).
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non-changeable & non-refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flight from Brisbane and Perth are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sichuan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- Upgrade to business class for an additional $3000 per person, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Maximum room capacity: 3 people, subject to availability
- No discounts apply for 3rd travellers. Full price applies, subject to availability
- Visa/Entry requirements – a tourist visa is required for Australian passport holders
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Applicable surcharges
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages