CHINA: 9 Day China Tour Including Flights for Three (with Xi'an Extension)
Uncover China’s rich history and natural wonders.
$3,564Valued at $8,247
See the best China has to offer on this spellbinding tour, traversing through buzzing city centres, dynastic-era villages, natural wonders and iconic ancient sites. This incredible escape truly showcases China’s dynamic elements!
- Return International Flights for Three
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast!
- Uncover the Dynastic Heritage of Beijing and the Great Wall, the Enchanting Beauty of Hangzhou and the Metropolis of Shanghai
- Return International Flights for Three
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Three
- Daily Breakfast
- All Transport as per the Itinerary
- Tours and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Experienced Local English Speaking Guides
- Beijing – Holiday Inn Express or similar
- Nanjing – Holiday Inn Express or similar
- Suzhou – Jiasheng Palace Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou – Mingkeming Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Borrman Hotel or similar
- Xi’an – Holiday Inn Express Xi’an North or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 18, 25 March
- 15*, 22 April
- 13, 20 May
- 3,10 June
- 8* July
- 5* August
- 9,16* September
- 14, 21 October
- 4, 11 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Experience China’s dynamic beauty on this 9 day tour, from heritage-listed landscapes, neon drenched streets, buzzing city centres and dynastic era architecture with thousand year old history.
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing and climb the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Learn about China’s Tea heritage at a lush Tea Plantation whilst sipping on China’s prestigious traditional tea.
- Admire the glistening waters of Hangzhou’s West Lake, and revel in the scenic vistas and watercolor, willow-lined banks of this gorgeous city.
- Uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East in Shanghai’s Bund, and marvel at Shanghai’s contemporary art scene, gorgeous gardens and larger than life skyscrapers.
- Have the opportunity to experience dynastic-era China with an optional tour extension to Xi’an, home to the 7,000 figure army of the Terracotta Warriors fabled by many as the ‘eighth wonder of the world’.
Get your passports ready for a fantastic adventure through China as you board your international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Due to flight availability, some flights may depart prior to Day 1.
Kickstart your Beijing adventure with a visit to Tiananmen Square. The second-largest public square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China, the Square houses the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the National Museum of China and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong. Then head just north of the Square to the fabled Forbidden City, which houses Ming and Qing dynastic treasures.
- Traditional Rickshaw Ride – take a ride through the city and visit a local family (AUD $30 per person).
- Temple of Heaven – take a tour of the temple and learn how to practice the traditional art of Tai Chi boxing (AUD $60 per person).
- Peking Duck dinner – enjoy an authentic Peking Duck banquet with all the traditional accompaniments (AUD $30 per person).
- Kung Fu Legends Performance – sit back and relax as you experience the leaping acrobatics of Kung Fu masters (AUD $60 per person)
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyong Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this marvel and visit the Cloud Platform Gate.
En route back to Beijing, visit the site of the 2008 Olympic Games, then see artisans crafting traditional Chinese jadeware at a Jade factory before learning how to soothe your senses at a traditional Chinese medicine centre.
- Summer Palace – take a tour of the Palace and scenic Houhai area (AUD $60 per person).
- Hot Pot Dinner – delight the taste buds with classic Chinese dishes (AUD $30 per person).
Leave Beijing behind this morning as you board a high speed train to Nanjing. Once you arrive enjoy a tour of the Mausoleum of Dr. Sun Yat-Sun, the revered father of the Republic of China.
Afterwards, visit a local jade shop and see the differences between the local jade-carving workmanship of Beijing and Nanjing.
- Confucius Temple – take a night tour of the temple and enjoy a boat ride on the Qinhuai river (AUD $65 per person).
Wake up today and head to the Grand Bao’en Temple, the second oldest temple in China with a history dating back over 1,500 years and one of the largest and most significant Buddhist temples in China. After, visit a crystal artifacts shop and learn how Feng Shui culture is embedded into these exquisite artifacts.
Later, transfer to Suzhou famed for its extraordinary silk products and classic gardens that give it the nickname Oriental Venice. On arrival, visit Lion Grove Garden, one of the cities renowned Great Four Classic Gardens, home to curiously shaped rocks that are meant to resemble lions.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (AUD $45 per person).
Start your morning with a visit to the largest silk factory in the city before travelling to Hangzhou. Take a boat ride and drink in the views of the city once praised by Marco Polo as ‘the most beautiful and magnificent in the world’ before spending the night at your leisure.
- Impression of West Lake Musical – watch traditional myths and stories come to life in dance and song (AUD $110 per person).
Head for a lush Tea Plantation this morning to learn about China’s green tea heritage and sip on China’s most distinguished tea – Dragon well tea.
Afterwards, travel to Shanghai. Upon arrival, visit the Bund, home to Art-deco buildings that were once filled with powerful banks and trading houses, now home to designer boutiques and restaurants. Spend the rest of the afternoon strolling through the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road.
- Huangpu River Cruise – sail along the tranquil waters of the Huangpu River – a must-see for any visitor! (AUD $45 per person).
The day is yours to discover, why not visit the Shanghai Museum this morning, filled with ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade stones. Spend the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps visiting the Yuyuan Gardens & Bazaar, admiring the glittering pools filled with fish.
- Jin Mao Tower and Asia-Pacific Plaza – visit famous sights including the 88th floor of Jin Mao Tower, and take a stroll through shopping paradise (AUD $110 per person).
- Half Day Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour – explore this traditional pocket and learn how the ancient Chinese lived (AUD $110 per person).
Spend the day at your leisure before saying goodbye to your travel buddies as you transfer to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
If you’re not done yet, why not take the optional Xi’an Tour Extension Package and see the city renowned as the home of the Terracotta Warriors.
Transfer by train to Xi’an and be transferred to your hotel by a welcoming local guide.
Spend some leisure time on the local Muslim Street where Arabian merchants settled along the Silk Road. Choose your dinner from one of the many local delicacies on display (own expense).
Take another day to explore the cities many attractions, or take advantage of the opportunity to be mesmerised by the 7,000 figures of the terracotta army, standing over the tomb of Emperor Qin since 210BC on an optional tour!
- Terracotta Warriors Excursion (L) – see the iconic army followed by a visit to the historic City Wall (AUD $150 per person).
- Dumpling Banquet and Show (D) – enjoy a performance detailing the Tang Dynasty whilst tantalizing your tastebuds with an included banquet dinner (AUD $68 per person).
Say goodbye to your travel buddies as you transfer to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other capital cities are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane or Adelaide: $350 per person
- Perth: $650 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 3 people, triple share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $300 per person applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Visa to China – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Tipping – AUD $108 is required upon tour commencement to cover tipping and gratuities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages