CHINA: 19 Day Natural Wonders of China Tour Including Flights for Two
See China the way Mother Nature intended.
$9,998Valued at $11,998
Uncover majestic landscapes steeped in dynastic heritage on this incredible 19 day tour of China, taking you through cascading waterfalls, crystalline lakes and snow-capped mountains in Hunan, Sichuan and Hubei provinces.
- Return International Flights for Two with Cathay Pacific
- 16 Nights of Premium Accommodation with Daily Breakfast and Many More Delicious Meals as per the Itinerary
- Cruise Down the Yangtze on a Luxury Cruise, See Giant Pandas and Visit One of China’s Most Sacred Buddhist Mountains with its Peak Hidden in the Clouds!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- All Internal Flights
- 12 Nights of Stunning 4-5 Star Hotel Accommodation
- 4 Nights in a Private Balcony Cabin Aboard a Yangtze River Cruise, Including 3 Shore Excursions
- Daily Breakfast, 16 Lunches and 16 Dinners
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Round Trip Airport and Hotel Transfers
- English Speaking Tour Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Changsha – Changsha Country Garden Phoenix Hotel or similar
- Zhangjiajie – Dacheng Shanshui International Hotel or similar
- Fenghuang – Fenghuang Garden Hotel or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Yangtze Gold 2 or similar
- Chongqing – DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North or similar
- Jiuzhaigou – Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort or similar
- Chengdu – Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel or similar
- Mount Emei – Huasheng Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 14 May
- 4 June
- 13 August
- 3 September
- 15 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Traverse your way through some of China’s most majestic natural wonders and heritage-rich cultures on this incredible 19 day tour.
- Travel to the Zhangjiajie area and admire the spectacular limestone formations, subtropical forests, waterfalls and mountain ranges that inspired James Cameron to create the backdrop for the film Avatar.
- Cruise down the tranquil waters of the Yangtze River in style aboard your magnificent cruise, watching the stunning scenery-lined banks of the river float by.
- Journey to the sacred Nine Villages Valley abundant with crystal lakes, waterfalls, verdant forests and snow capped mountains, home to centuries old Tibetan and Qiang villages steeped in ancient customs and traditions.
- Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Centre in Chengdu and come face to face with China’s national treasure. On average, these majestic creatures live off a diet of 99% bamboo, and can reach a weight of over 160kg!
- Marvel at the awe inspiring Great Buddha in Leshan, a 71m tall stone statue carved onto a red sandstone cliff face on the side of Lingyun Mountain, surrounded by flowing rivers at its feet.
Pack your bags for an adventure-packed trip as you board your overnight flight to Changsha.
Please note some flights may depart and arrive on Day 2
Ni Hao China! Welcome to Changsha, the capital of the Hunan Province. Upon arrival at the airport you’ll be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Transfer to Zhangjiajie this morning and enjoy a tour of breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage listed area, offering a spectacular mix of limestone formations, subtropical forests, waterfalls and mountain ranges – the inspiration for the scenery in James Cameron’s Avatar.
Head to the majestic Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, abundant with brooks, flora and fauna. Enjoy a welcome banquet tonight with your travel buddies, feasting on delicious local cuisine.
Start the day with a visit to the Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve, rich in stunning peaks and rock formations, renowned for its ethereal cloud mists, glowing moonlight and winter snow. Explore Yellow Dragon Cave, a four level limestone cave widely regarded as the most beautiful in China.
- Love Between Man and Fox show – enjoy a spectacular musical drama based on traditional Chinese folk tales, performed against the backdrop of Tianmen Mountain (AUD $120 per person).
Travel to Fenghuang (Phoenix) County, a well-preserved ancient town that’s a melting pot of ethnic languages, customs, arts, and distinctive Ming and Qing dynastic-style architecture. Immerse yourself in the lush landscape, green-foliage capped mountain slopes and tranquil waters of Tuo Jiang River that dominate the area.
Travel by coach to Yichang, the cultural center of the Hubei province to board your Yangtze River Cruise. Upon embarkation, you’ll receive an introduction to all cruise events and activities available onboard.
Cruise through the Xiling Gorge today, the largest of the Three Gorges, comprised of four smaller gorges; Precious Sword, Horse Lung and Ox Liver, Soundless Bell and Shadow Play.
Glide through Shennong Stream today, a charming gorge surrounded by lush forestry. This stream is rich in history, inhabited since the Han Dynasty and named after the Shen Nong – the mythical ‘Divine Farmer*, an ancient figure who is said to have taught Eastern secrets of agriculture, herbal medicine, the solar calendar and tea brewing.
Sit back, relax and recharge onboard. enjoying your last day on the Yangtze. Make a stop at the Shibaozhai Pagoda before enjoying a farewell dinner on the ship.
Disembark in the port city of Chongqing this morning. Enjoy a short tour around the iconic landmarks of the city, including the Residence of General Joseph W. Stilwell, People’s Assembly Hall and Hongya Cave, before capping off the day with a famous Chongqing hot pot dinner.
Leave Chongqing behind this morning as you board your flight to Huanglong and travel by coach to Jiuzhaigou (Nine Villages Valley).
In the event that Jiuzhaigou is closed, the tour will be redirected to Huanglong (see Fine Print for details).
Take the next couple of days to explore the Nine Villages Valley Scenic Area. A great natural masterpiece abundant with dreamlike scenery, blue lakes, waterfalls, verdant forests and snow-capped mountains, this area is home to traditional Tibetan and Qiang villages.
Travel by coach to Huanglong. Aptly described by many as the ‘fairy land on Earth’, this stunning area is renowned for its hundreds of sparkling mineral pools where beautiful colours intertwine and water cascades down from the mountain. Continuing to the airport, board your flight to Chengdu – the capital of the Sichuan Province
Today’s highlight is a visit to the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. The best place to see Chengdu’s most famous residents, the centre imitates the natural habitat of Pandas to ensure that they have the most hospitable environment possible for breeding and rearing young.
Spend the afternoon exploring Jin Li, a dynamic street brimming with regional folk craft stalls, offering a snapshot into the dynastic ancient world of Old Chengdu.
- Face Changing show – enjoy a fascinating show featuring this traditional Chinese dramatic art that is the pride of the Sichuan opera (AUD $55 per person).
Travel by coach and boat to Leshan, home to the Leshan Great Buddha, an enormous statue carved into the side of Lingyun Mountain standing at 71m high! Later, travel onwards to Mount Emei, one of the most sacred sites of Chinese Buddhism.
Explore the towering beauty of Mount Emei today, resembling a stunning green screen standing on the southwest of the Chengdu Plain. Return to Chengdu in the evening.
Spend the morning taking in some last minute sights, shopping and tastes before transferring to Chengdu airport to board your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane and Adelaide are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights from Perth are available for an additional $600 per person
- Interstate flights from Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth will be flying economy class with China Southern Airlines or China Eastern Airlines, and may be via Sydney or Melbourne
- Flights from Sydney or Melbourne will be flying economy class with Cathay Pacific, subject to availability
- Internal flights are with China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals or later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request. Additional costs apply
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- No child discounts apply
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1350 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Jiuzhaigou is currently scheduled to reopen in May 2019, subject to change. In the event that Jiuzhaigou is closed, the tour will be redirected to Huanglong
- Visa/Entry requirements to China – compulsory
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed under the Inclusions
- Mandatory prepaid tipping of AUD $190 per person
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages