CHINA: 17 Day China Encompassed Tour Including Flights for Two
Discover all corners of China’s beauty.
$5,395Valued at $9,398
Enlighten the senses with majestic landscapes, gorgeous riverside locales, dynastic heritage sights and world heritage-listed marvels on this all encompassing 17 day tour of China, where beauty, history and culture beckon at every corner.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 14 Nights of 5 Star Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast and Many More Delicious Meals as per the Itinerary
- Experience the Glamour and Buzz of Shanghai and Beijing, Cruise Down the Yangtze on a Luxury Cruise and Marvel at the Mighty Great Wall
- All International and Internal Flights for Two
- 10 Nights of Sublime 5 Star Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and 7 Delicious Lunches
- 4 Nights Luxury Yangtze River Cruise in a Superior Twin Cabin with Balcony, Including all Onboard Meals
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Guides
- Tipping for Local Tour Guides and Drivers
- Beijing – Maya Island Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Regal Plaza Hotel & Residence or similar
- Zhangjiajie – Santo Domingo International Hotel or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – MV Victoria Cruise Ship or similar
- Chongqing – C-Plaza Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 3, 17* June
- 15* July
- 12* August
- 2, 16* September
- 14, 21 October
- 4, 11 November
- 23 March
- 6*, 20 April
- 11, 18 May
- 1, 8 June
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See all corners of China’s diverse natural beauty, ancient history, hidden temples and iconic landmarks on this incredible all-encompassing 17 day tour, traversing through urban hubs, natural wonders and the tranquil waters of the Yangtze River.
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing and the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Discover soulful Shanghai, exploring Art Deco buildings oozing with 1920s glamour along the Bund.
- Travel to the Zhangjiajie area and admire the spectacular limestone formations, subtropical forests, waterfalls and mountain ranges that inspired James Cameron to create the backdrop for the film Avatar.
- Cruise down the tranquil waters of the Yangtze River in style aboard your 4 night 5 Star cruise, watching the stunning scenery-lined banks of the river float by.
- Be swept away by the Three Gorges, sailing past the breathtaking Xiling Gorge, Wu Gorge and Qutang Gorge that look like they’ve been lifted straight off a postcard.
Pack your bags for a jam-packed adventure as you board your international flight to Beijing.
Depending on your flight or departure date, you may depart earlier than Day 1
Ni Hao China! Upon arrival at the airport you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours to unwind or explore.
Start your morning with a visit to Tiananmen Square – the largest square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China before heading for the Forbidden City, a 15th century dynastic palace complex that is a vestige into China’s imperial past. Continue onto the Temple of Heaven after lunch before gaining insight into the production of Chinese silk at a Silk Factory.
- Acrobatic Show – watch Chinese acrobatics push their balance and skills to the limit with this scintillating show (AUD $49 per person).
- Peking Duck Roast Dinner – feast on a succulent Peking Duck roast dinner with all the traditional accompaniments (AUD $21 per person).
Prepare to be captivated by the Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Stop off at a Jade Carving Workshop to learn about China’s cultural affinity with this precious stone before visiting the site of the 2008 Beijing Olympics after your Great Wall adventure.
Cap the day off with a soothing Oriental foot massage and learn about the traditional healing properties of Chinese Medicine.
- Kung Fu Show – admire the magnificent traditional choreography of a Kung Fu Legend (AUD $56 per person).
Get a taste for Chinese traditions with an authentic tea ceremony before weaving through the famous Silk Street Market where you can sample local delights and shop for local crafts and souvenirs to bring home with you.
- Hutong Life & Beijing Zoo Panda House Tour – enjoy a tour of the traditional Hutong neighbourhood via rickshaw before visiting Beijing Zoo to see Giant Pandas (AUD $56 per person).
- Summer Palace Tour – explore the largest preserved ancient garden in China, a former summer resort to Dynastic emperors (AUD $49 per person).
- Hot Pot Dinner – treat the palate to a traditional Hot Pot Dinner (AUD $35 per person).
Board a high-speed bullet train to the buzzing metropolis of Shanghai. Meet with your guide for a tour of the city, starting at the City God Temple Bazaar, a Taoist worship site turned trendy neighbourhood lined with street food and craft stalls. Afterwards head for the Bund, a string of Art Deco buildings that once housed powerful banks, now filled with designer boutiques and restaurants.
Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps strolling the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road and sampling local delicacies.
- Huangpu River Cruise – glide along the Huangpu River and catch a glimpse of the enchanting Pudong New District, a shining symbol of modern China (AUD $45 per person).
The day is yours to explore Shanghai how you want. You could stroll through along the fish-filled glittering pools at the Yuyuan Gardens & Bazaar, wander the streets of the trendy Tianzifang neighbourhood or climb to the top of Jin Mao Tower.
- Half-Day Zhujiajiao Water Town Trip – formed around 1700 years ago, explore this water town filled with rivers lined by ancient buildings (AUD $110 per person).
Soak up some last minute sights of the city before transferring to the airport for your flight to Zhangjiajie. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Start your morning at Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, a spectacular mix of limestone formations, subtropical forests, waterfalls and mountain ranges – the inspiration for the scenery in James Cameron’s Avatar.
Continue onto Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve for a short hike, marvelling at the display of charming peaks and flora and fauna via cable car.
Visit Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon this morning, home to the largest all-glass bridge in the world, peaking over the top of lush vegetation, rare species, cascading waterfalls and brooks. Afterwards, tour the Golden Whip Stream, serving up the most enchanting scenery in the park.
- Walk Along the Glass Bridge – standing at 370m high and 400m long, see the canyon from above with the glass bridge (AUD $58 per person).
Brave the 304m high Tianmen Mountain via cable car this morning, the longest passenger cableway of high mountains in the world. Afterwards, drive to Yichang to board your 4 night luxury Yangtze River cruise ship.
Cruise through the Xiling Gorge today, the largest of the Three Gorges, comprised of four smaller gorges; Precious Sword, Horse Lung and Ox Liver, Soundless Bell and Shadow Play. Take a shore excursion to the Three Gorges Dam Site, one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind. Later, learn the ancient practice of Tai Chi Chuan with an onboard lecture!
- Three Gorges Tribal Scenic Spot (AUD $60 per person).
Your cruise continues through some of the most scenic sections of the river today, sailing through the lesser known Wu and Qutang Gorge. Jump off the ship for a shore excursion in Shennong Stream and marvel in the beauty of the surrounding gorges. Dabble in the martial arts with an onboard Chinese Taiji Boxing class and test your strength!
Learn about traditional Chinese embroidery, teapots and paintings with an onboard lecture before stopping at Shibaozhai, home to a 12-story wooden pagoda offering breathtaking views from each level of the pagoda.
- Fengdu Ghost City – embark on a tour of Fengdu Ghost City, otherwise known as the ‘city of ghosts’. Located on Ming Mountain, this temple complex is decorated with paintings demonstrating a Chinese version of hell (AUD $60 per person).
Disembark in Chongqing where you’ll meet your tour guide for the day. Experience local folk culture at Ciqikou Town before savouring a delicious Sichuan lunch. After lunch, head to the Liberation Monument Street, the first pedestrian commercial street in West China.
Soak up some last minute sights before you board your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights are available from Brisbane are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights are available from Perth for an additional $650 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Eastern, China Southern, Sichuan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $978 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Bullet train tickets are economy class, however train tickets can be upgraded on request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1300 517 210 for details
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements to China – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Portage for boarding and disembarking the cruise ship, charged at CNY 15 per piece of luggage, payable direct to the tour guide
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages