CHINA: 15 Day Classic China Tour Including Flights For Two
Marvel at glistening rivers and see dynastic monuments!
$2,998Valued at $5,999
Uncover the sprawling beauty of China on this incredible 15 day tour, blending buzzing city centres with iconic tourist spots and stunning scenery from Beijing to Shanghai and the glistening waters of the Yangtze River.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Gorgeous Accommodation with Daily Breakfast, Plus a 4 Night Yangtze River Cruise with All Meals as per the Itinerary
- Uncover the Dynastic Heritage of Beijing and the Great Wall, Unearth the Enchanting Beauty of Hangzhou and Drink China’s Most Distinguished Tea
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Gorgeous Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- 4 Nights in a Private Cabin Aboard a Yangtze River Cruise, Including 3 Shore Excursions
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Tours and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Local English Speaking Guides
- Tips and Gratuities for Tour Guides
- Beijing – Fuyong Yulong Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Wuxi International Hotel or similar
- Suzhou – Holiday Inn Express Suzhou Taihu Lake or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Wassim Hotel or similar
- Yangtze – Victoria Jenna Cruise or similar
Glide along the Yangtze aboard the 5 Star Victoria Jenna cruise liner. Unwind in your luxe standard cabin decked out with a private bathroom and TV. When you’re not lounging in your room, enjoy the lush ship facilities including a sun deck with lounge chairs, spa, fitness centre and more!
- Available for departure on one of the following dates
- 27 August
- 24 September**
- 22 October
- 19 November
- 12*, 26* March
- 9* April
- 21* May
- 11*, 25* June
- 9* July
- 6*, 20* August
- 10*, 24* September
- *A High Season surcharge of $100 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A High Season surcharge of $400 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Traverse your way through some of China’s most majestic natural wonders and heritage-rich cultures on this incredible 15 day tour.
- Climb the mighty Great Wall of China, winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops, and discover Tiananmen Square, the historical and spiritual heart of China.
- Explore Suzhou, home to exquisite canals and the Lingering Garden, before revelling in the scenic vistas and watercolour banks of Hangzhou’s West Lake.
- Learn about China’s Tea heritage at the lush Longjing Tea Plantation and uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East in Shanghai’s Bund.
- Cruise down the Yangtze River with a four night cruise aboard the 5 Star Victoria Jenna Cruise Liner, perhaps watching the world float by aboard the sun deck with a cocktail in hand!
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring panoramas of the Three Gorges, lined with local riverside towns and sacred temples, cruising through the magnificent Xiling Gorge and the Mountains of Eastern Sichuan.
- Explore the sacred Fendu Jade Emperor site, home to a 100ft statue dedicated to this important deity in Chinese Taoism and more than 200 Taoist and Buddhist sculptures.
Ni Hao, China! Pack your bags for an unforgettable adventure as your board your international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Due to flight availability, some flights may depart prior to Day 1.
Kickstart your Beijing adventure with a visit to Tiananmen Square. The second-largest public square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China, the Square houses the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the National Museum of China and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong. Just north of the Square is the fabled Forbidden City.
- Forbidden City tour – take a tour through the imperial centre of Beijing through the Ming and Qing dynasties, an iconic landmark rich in Chinese heritage (AUD $78 per person).
- Peking Duck dinner – enjoy an authentic Peking Duck banquet with all the traditional accompaniments (AUD $38 per person).
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this marvel.
En route back to Beijing, see artisans crafting traditional Chinese blue enamelware at a cloisonne factory and visit one of China’s biggest jade factories.
- Golden Mask Dynasty or Kung Fu Legend show – enjoy a traditional Chinese performance (AUD $73 per person).
This morning enjoy a tour of the Summer Palace, the largest preserved ancient garden in China and a former summer resort for dynastic Emperors.
After your garden visit, head to a Chinese herbal medicine institute to learn about the healing properties of traditional Chinese medicine, followed by a rejuvenating foot massage!
- Hutong Life and Panda House Tour – jump on a rickshaw and wind through a Hutong neighbourhood, stopping at a local house to gain insight into local Beijing life. Next, visit the Panda House at Beijing Zoo (AUD $78 per person).
Leave Beijing behind this morning as you board a high-speed train to Wuxi, an ancient city with breathtaking natural scenery, marvelling at the tranquil waters of Lake Tai en route.
Spend the evening strolling through the tree-lined Nanchang Street, blending ancient and contemporary architecture with waterside charm.
Start your morning with a visit to one of the largest freshwater pearl exhibitions in the country before travelling to Suzhou.
Known as the Oriental Venice, Suzhou is home to exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas and beautiful gardens. Visit the Lingering Garden, known for its charming halls and unique imperial architecture enriched by a 500-year history.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (AUD $33 per person).
- Western Buffet Dinner – enjoy a sumptuous western-style buffet at your hotel (AUD $48 per person).
Visit a silk spinning mill this morning and discover the mysterious ways of silk processing before travelling by coach to Hangzhou. Aptly named by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, experience the beauty firsthand with a boat ride along the West Lake.
- Impression West Lake – enjoy an open-air performance crafted by the Director of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony (AUD $78 per person).
Head for the lush Longjing Tea Plantation this morning to learn about China’s green tea heritage and sip on China’s most distinguished tea – dragon well tea.
Afterwards, travel to Shanghai. Upon arrival, visit the Bund, home to Art-deco buildings that were once filled with powerful banks and trading houses, now home to designer boutiques and restaurants. Spend the rest of the afternoon strolling through the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road.
- Huangpu River Cruise – sail along the tranquil waters of the Huangpu River – a must-see for any visitor (AUD $38 per person).
Visit the Shanghai Museum this morning, filled with ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade stones. Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure.
- Jin Mao Tower, Xintiandi and Maglev Train Tour – visit famous sights including the 88th floor of Jin Mao Tower, the trendy Xintiandi neighbourhood, and catch a ride on the world’s fastest bullet train (AUD $68 per person).
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (AUD $73 per person).
Travel by coach to Yichang, the cultural centre of the Hubei province to board your Yangtze River Cruise. Upon embarkation, why not settle into river life with a tropical cocktail at the onboard bar?
Cruise through the Xiling Gorge today, the largest of the Three Gorges, comprised of four smaller gorges; Precious Sword, Horse Lung and Ox Liver, Soundless Bell and Shadow Play.
Disembark at the Three Gorges Dam site, the largest hydroelectric power station in the world.
- Tribe of the Three Gorges – take a tour to the Tribe of the Three Gorges, a scenic spot abundant with natural wonders and home to the local Ba and Shu village (AUD $70 per person).
Glide through the Goddess Stream today, sailing past the breathtaking *Wu Gorge and Qutang Gorge that look like they’ve been lifted straight off a postcard. Depending on the weather, you might get to enjoy the lush forestry and rich history of Shennong Stream.
- White Emperor City – visit White Emperor City, an ancient temple located atop the Baldi Mountain on the Northern bank of the Yangtze (AUD $85 per person).
Sit back, relax and recharge onboard, enjoying your last day on the Yangtze. Make a stop at the Fengdu Jade Emperor, a sacred site home to a 100ft statue of the Jade Emperor, an important deity in Chinese Taoism, and more than 200 Taoist and Buddhist sculptures. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner on the ship.
- Fengdu Ghost City – embark on a tour of Fengdu Ghost City, otherwise known as the ‘city of ghosts’. Located on Ming Mountain, this temple complex is decorated with instruments of punishment and demon paintings, showcasing a Chinese version of hell (AUD $85 per person).
Depending on river conditions, an alternative excursion to a Fengdu village might be arranged.
Disembark in the port city of Chongqing this morning. Enjoy exploring this ‘Mountain City’ at your leisure before transferring the airport for your flight home. Feasting on famous Chongqing hot pot is a must!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane are available for an additional $280 per person
- Flights from Adelaide are available for an additional $380 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- Upgrades to Business class can be arranged an additional of $2900 per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $380 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 50
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $800 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – China visa compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages