CHINA: 14 Day China Tour and Yangtze River Cruise Including Flights for One
Dynastic-era temples meets the glistening Yangtze.
$2,099Valued at $3,099
Marvel at the mystique of the Great Wall, experience breathtaking natural beauty in Tai’an and see buzzing metropolises before marvelling at gorgeous scenery and riverside locales along the glistening Yangtze River.
- Return International Flights for One
- 8 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation PLUS a Luxury 4 Night Cruise Aboard the 5 Star Gold 6 Cruise Liner
- Explore Beijing’s Dynastic Secrets, be Enchanted by the Neon-Beauty of Shanghai and Cruise Along the Tranquil Waters of the Yangtze River
- Return International Flights for One
- 8 Nights Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast, 8 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- 4 Night Yangtze River Cruise Including All Onboard Meals
- Return Airport Transfers
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation and Transfers as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides
- Gratuities and Tipping for Tour Guides
- Beijing – Chunhuiyuan Resort, Park Plaza Science Park Hotel or similar
- Tai’an – Four Points by Sheraton Tai’an or similar
- Hangzhou – Hangzhou Holiday Inn Xiaoshan or similar
- Suzhou – Suzhou Ramada Hotel High-Tech Zone or similar
- Shanghai – Shanghai Koyal International Hotel or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Yangtze River Cruise Gold #6 or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 6 September
- 4, 11, 25 October
- 1, 8, 15 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Discover the real China on this comprehensive 14 day package, whether it’s buzzing Beijing’s millennial-old dynastic era architecture, soaring Shanghai’s neon-drenched skyscrapers or the ever enduring waters of the glistening Yangtze River
- Visit the Great Wall one of the Seven Wonders of the World and learn all about China’s most precious stone!
- Visit the Black Tiger Spring in Jinan and hear the crash, hum and rush of the water that resounds the roar of a tiger.
- Admire the glistening waters of the West Lake in Hangzhou, and uncover the scenic vistas and water coloured willow-lined banks of this gorgeous city.
- Discover soulful Shanghai, exploring Art Deco buildings oozing with 1920s glamour along the iconic Bund.
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring panoramas of the Three Gorges on the Yangtze River, lined with local riverside towns and sacred temples, cruising through the magnificent Xiling Gorge and the Mountains of Eastern Sichuan.
- Get ready to heighten your senses with a thrilling optional tour to the spooky Fengdu Ghost City, a large complex of shrines and temples on Ming Mountain dedicated to the afterlife (optional).
Pack your bags and get ready for an action-packed adventure as your board your international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by your friendly tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Depending on your flight or departure date, you may depart earlier than Day 1
Explore everything bustling Beijing has to offer at your leisure today! Be sure to pack a sturdy pair of travelling shoes as you get to know this lively city on foot, admiring Imperial architecture and the buzzing food scene. Perhaps take a few hours to explore the stunning Houhai Lakes – a people-watching perch by day and a neon-light haven by night!
- Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City – tour through the world’s largest square before entering the Forbidden City, home to imperial emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties (AUD $80 per person).
- Hutong Tour (L) – enjoy a tour of the traditional Hutong neighbourhood via rickshaw before enjoying an authentic lunch cooked by a local family (AUD $70 per person).
- Kung Fu Legend Show – admire the magnificent traditional choreography of a Kung Fu Legend Show (AUD $45 per person).
- Summer Palace Tour – explore the largest preserved ancient garden in China, a former summer resort to Dynastic emperors (AUD $50 per person).
Head north into the rugged mountains Beijing to the Great Wall of China today. Marvel at this wonder of the world, majestically perched over peaks and hills at the Juyongguan Pass.
Continue onto a jade factory to learn about the cultural affinity of the stone with Chinese heritage before stopping off at a Chinese Medical Centre to learn about the healing properties of Chinese medicine and enjoy a foot massage!
Board a bullet train to Jinan this morning, heading to Daming Lake upon arrival. Continue to the Black Tiger Spring, fabled to have once had a black rock shaped tiger in front of the cave, with the sound of the water rushing from the cave resembling a tiger’s roar. Transfer to Tai’an later in the evening for check-in.
Today is yours to make your own! Perhaps visit the Dai Temple, weaving your way along the the Path of 18 Bends, or finding tranquility at the Azure Clouds Temple. If you’d like a more curated experience, why not join an experienced local guide on one of the optional tours?
- Confucius Temple Complex – Visit this spiritual complex located at the centre of Qufu City, widely regarded as one of the three greatest ancient complexes in the country (AUD $80 per person).
- Confucius Feast – Tuck into a delicious feast and gain insight into how Chinese food culture has evolved over hundreds of years (AUD $80 per person).
- Feng Shan Sacrifice Performance – Surrounded by incredible 180° natural beauty, be inspired by the sound and light design, choreography and stories of local culture (AUD $80 per person).
Wave goodbye to Tai’an as you transfer to the city once aptly named by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, Hangzhou.
Upon arrival you’ll be taken to visit the famous West Lake. Considered as one of the most beautiful landscapes in China, there’s no shortage of temples, pagodas and pavilions cloaked by willows.
Afterwards, head to a local toa tea plantation to learn about traditional tea picking and processing.
Welcome to Suzhou this morning, a city known for its canals, bridges and classical gardens. Visit the Master of Nets Garden, one of the finest in all of China and admire the effortless cohesion of art, nature and architecture that has been attracting thousands of visitors since 1140BC.
After lunch, spend the day exploring the city at your leisure, or join the optional tour in the afternoon.
- Suzhou Grand Canal Boat Tour – sweep along the longest canal in the world, with some sections dating as far back as the 5th century BC (AUD $40 per person).
Start your morning by perusing the most famous silk factory in China, before
continuing onto the bustling metropolis of Shanghai. Upon arrival, take a stroll down the famous Nanjing walking district, before gaining a deeper understanding of the city’s rich history and culture at Shanghai Museum. Cap off your day at the Bund on the banks of the Huangpu River.
- Huangpu River Cruise – Drift through Shanghai, catching glimpses of Shanghai’s most famous landmarks including the People’s Hero Monument, the Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower and much more (AUD $50 per person).
- Jin Mao Tower – visit famous sights including the 88th floor of Jin Mao Tower (AUD $30 per person).
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (AUD $70 per person).
Transfer to Yichang today to board your luxury Yangtze River Cruise Liner for a four night cruise down the tranquil waters of the Yangtze. Hop aboard and settle into your cabin in preparation for tomorrow’s departure.
Cruise through the stunning Three Gorges this morning, a mountainous stretch carved between steep cliffs. Spend the rest of the day unwinding on the cruise ship before kicking the night off with a Captain’s Welcome Banquet and a night of entertainment with a Chinese Dancing Ball.
- Three Gorges Dam – Be awe-struck by one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind and the biggest hydropower project in the world (AUD $85).
- Tribe of the Three Gorges – Get to know the local Ba and Shu culture at one of the only large scenic spots not influenced by the hydropower project, a great insight into how the local people continue to live (AUD $85).
Spend another day on the water taking in the majesty and beauty of the landscape, or join one of the optional excursions this morning. Later, soak up the afternoon sun as you cruise the western section of the Xiling Gorge, renowned for its streams, springs, stones and caves.
- Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream – Take your pick of either the Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream region as you cruise through narrow winding river bends lined with sheer cliff faces and mountains (AUD $85).
- White Emperor City – Visit the ancient White Emperor City temple located atop Baidi Mountain on the northern bank of the Yangtze River (AUD $60).
Choose to make the most of your final day on the ship with a massage or bask in the natural scenery as you pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan. Alternatively, continue adventuring with an optional shore excursion before a farewell dinner this evening.
- Fengdu Ghost City – Travel to China’s “City of Ghosts” and enter a world of temples filled with depictions of punishment and demons atop Ming Mountain, demonstrating the Chinese version of hell (AUD $60 per person).
- Shibaozhai – Visit the 12-storey pagoda built into the rockface in the 18th-century and wonder at the intricate inscriptions of great dynasties from history or gaze over breathtaking views of the Yangtze River as you ascend the tower (AUD $45 per person).
Disembark the cruise this morning, snapping one last shot of the Yangtze River in all it’s breathtaking beauty, before your stress free transfer to Chongqing Airport for your flight home.
Welcome back, time to start sharing stories with family and friends!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane or Perth are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sichuan Airlines, China Southern, Hainan Airline, Xiamen Airline or China Eastern, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- International flights can be upgraded to Business Class for an additional $3,000 per person, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- No child discounts are available for this tour
- Full price applies
- The Three Recommended Cruise Excursions Package can be purchased for AUD $175 per person (includes Three Gorges Dam, Lesser Three Gorges, and Fengdu Ghost City)
- VIP Dining Room upgrades are available for $60 per person, subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $650 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Optional activity prices are approximate and my fluctuate with currency changes
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages