CHINA: 12 Day Scenic China Tour Including Flights for Two
Discover depths of beauty in China.
$2,598Valued at $5,196
Marvel at the mystique of the Great Wall, experience breathtaking natural beauty atop Yellow Mountain and see buzzing metropolises infused with imperial architecture in Beijing and Shanghai. This 12 day escape truly showcases the dynamic elements of China.
- Return International Flights for Two, Plus all Internal Transport
- 10 Nights of Premium Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast and Heaps of Other Meals
- Discover Dynastic Secrets in the Forbidden City, Gain Insight into 1000 Year Old Chinese Herbal Medicine Traditions in Longjing and be Enchanted with the Sublime Beauty of Hangzhou
- Return International Flights
- 10 Nights of Luxury 4 and 5 Star Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Many More Meals as per the Itinerary
- Tours, Transfers and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Local-English Speaking Guides
- Beijing – CNCC Grand Hotel or similar
- Suzhou – Xiangxuehai Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Grand Kingtown Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao West or similar
- Huangshan – Xinhualian Howard Johnson Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 8, 22 March
- 12*, 19* April
- 17, 24 May
- 21, 28 June
- 5*, 12* July
- 2, 16 August
- 20 September
- 11* October
- 1, 15 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $380 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Experience the dynamic beauty of China. Whether its heritage listed landscapes, neon drenched nightlife, buzzing city centres or thousand year old dynastic era architecture, everyday is a new adventure on this mindblowing 12 day trip.
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing and the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Learn about the symbolic place of tea in Chinese culture at the lush Longjing Tea Plantation whilst sipping on distinguished dragon well tea.
- Admire the glistening waters of the West Lake in Hangzhou, and uncover the scenic vistas and watercoloured willow-lined banks of this gorgeous city.
- Uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East at the Bund in Shanghai, and explore gorgeous gardens and larger than life skyscrapers.
- Marvel at the beauty of ancient Huizhou architecture in Huangshan, admiring the lush panoramas of the enveloping Yellow Mountain.
Ni Hao China! Pack your bags for a Chinese adventure as you board your international flight to Beijing. Once you land, you will be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to or on Day 1.
Explore the capital today at your leisure. Be sure to pack a sturdy pair of traveling shoes as you get to know this lively city on foot, admiring the imperial architecture and buzzing food scene of Beijing. Take a few hours to explore the stunning Houhai Lakes – people-watching perch by day and a neon-light haven by night! Home to over 600,000 restaurants, be sure to trial famous delicacies such as succulent peking duck, Beijing style dumplings, and Basi sweet potatoes.
Alternatively, you can get to know Beijing by participating in one of the optional activities on offer.
- Imperial Beijing Tour – explore one of the grandest public plazas in the world at the famous Tiananmen Square, before continuing on to the scarlet-fringed Forbidden City, home to late Emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties (RMB 350).
- Musical Performance – sit back and admire the magnificent Golden Mask Dynasty Show or Kung Fu Legend Show (RMB 250).
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this 6,000km marvel and be enamoured by the ancient imperial buildings and temples that lay below.
En route to the Great Wall you’ll learn about the cultural and historical affinity of the jade stone with Chinese heritage when you stop off at the largest jade carving shop in Asia.
- Hutong Life Tour – jump on a traditional rickshaw and enjoy a tour of a Hutong, one of Beijing’s traditional neighbourhoods (RMB 200).
- Peking Duck Banquet Dinner – sit down for an authentic Peking Duck Banquet served with all the traditional local cuisine accompaniments (RMB 150).
Discover the healing-properties and ancient art of traditional Chinese medicine this morning at the Chinese Herbal Institute before boarding your high-speed bullet train to Suzhou. Upon arrival, a local representative will meet you for transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Known as the Oriental Venice, Suzhou is home to exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas and beautiful gardens. After breakfast, you will be taken to the breathtaking Lingering Garden, known for its charming halls and unique imperial architecture enriched by a 500 year history.
Afterwards, you’ll continue to the Suzhou Silk Factory, the largest silk manufacturer in China, to discover the mysterious ways of silk processing before being taken to the Grand Canal after lunch. After you’ve explored the canal’s tranquil waters, you’ll be transported to Wuxi, strolling through tree-lined Nanchang Street before check-in.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (RMB 200).
Glittering waters, wutong trees and spectacular scenes of beauty await you on a tour of the magnificent Lake Lihu. Afterwards, visit a luminous freshwater pearl farm and travel to Hangzhou.
Once aptly named by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, you’ll have the opportunity to walk freely and discover sights such as the Buddhist carvings Lingyin Temple, lining the riverbanks and hillsides of the city.
If you’re a foodie adventurer, wander through the Zhongshan South Road Food Street Market where you can sample local cuisine like beggar’s chicken, deep-fried insects and the absolute stinkiest of stinky tofus. Cap off your day with an authentic show listed in the optional activity below.
- The Romantic Show of Songcheng – Spend an evening enthralled by the traditional dances of Hangzhou, performed to many across the globe (RMB 450).
Spend your morning admiring the mesmerising pagoda-topped hills rise over willow-lined waters at the West Lake – widely regarded as the most beautiful lake in China. After your tranquil West Lake haze, you will be taken through the lush greenery of the Longjing Tea Plantation to learn about China’s green tea heritage and sip on China’s most distinguished tea – dragon well tea.
After lunch, you will be driven to the dazzling skyscraper landscapes of Shanghai.
- Boat Ride on the West Lake – Glide along the water to capture the breathtaking scenery and iconic sites of the Westlake (RMB 200).
- Huangpu River Night Cruise – See the dazzling lights of Shanghai from a different angle on this night cruise (300 RMB).
Welcome to the buzzing metropolis of Shanghai! After breakfast, you’ll be taken to the Bund to admire the Art-deco buildings that were once inhabited by the most powerful banks and trading houses in Shanghai, now filled with elegant designer retail boutiques and restaurants.
After the tour, feel free to explore Shanghai at your own pace, perhaps strolling through shaded alcoves and fish-filled glittering pools at the Yuyuan Gardens & Bazaar. Alternatively, you can get to know Shanghai by enjoying the optional activities on offer.
- Shanghai Insight Tour – Explore famous Shanghai landmarks like the Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, Jin Mao Tower and Xintiandi (RMB 250).
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – Treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (RMB 500).
This morning you’ll board a bullet train headed for Huangshan where you’ll be greeted on arrival and transferred to the stunning ancient canal-lined village of Tangmo. Famed for its Huizhou-style architecture and lush landscapes, you’ll be taken to sights like the mesmerising Tan’gan Garden and the charming crystal-water lined Water Street.
After your Tangmo exploration, you’ll stroll through the Huizhoi-style buildings and tea shop-lined streets of Tunxi Old Street, before visiting Hu Kaiwen Ink-Stick Factory to learn about China’s cultural affinity with this ancient ink. Spend the afternoon exploring Huangshan at your leisure.
Go at your own pace today. Perhaps return to Tunxi Old Street to do some last minute shopping before your flight home, followed by a walk along the tranquil waters of the Xin’an River to admire the surrounding mountainscapes and lush greenery of Yellow Mountain.
- Hiking Tour of Yellow Mountain – Embark on a cable car ride up to Mt Huangshan where breathtaking views of surrounding canyons and mountains await (RMB 950).
Say goodbye to your travel buddies this morning as you transfer from Huangshan to Shanghai for your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home safe in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed.
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Maximum room capacity of two people. Double or twin bedding configuration (subject to availability)
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- A single supplement of $700 AUD applies to those wishing to travel alone
- No unaccompanied minors allowed
- No child discounts, full price applies for all children traveling with parents
- Group tour sizes: 10 (minimum), 36 (maximum)
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other states are available at an additional cost:
- Brisbane – $280 per person, Adelaide – $380 per person, Perth – $480 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sichuan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines or similar
- A flight amendment surcharge can be quoted on request for late departures, plus additional airfares and tax
- Compulsory tipping – RMB 900 per person, payable upon booking confirmation and non-refundable in case of cancellation at any time.
- Visa to China
- Travel Insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional Activities
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages