CHINA: 12 Day China Tour Including Flights For Two
Explore the Great Wall and beyond!
$1,776Valued at $3,999
Marvel at the mystique of the Great Wall and the Forbidden City, and see buzzing metropolises infused with imperial architecture in Beijing and Shanghai. This 12 day escape truly showcases the dynamic elements of China.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Sublime Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast and Many More Meals
- Discover Beijing’s History in Tiananmen Square, Climb The Mighty Great Wall and Marvel at the Buzzing Metropolis of Shanghai
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Luxurious 5 Star Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and 7 Lunches
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- All On Ground Transportation and Transfers as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides
- Gratuities and Tipping for Tour Guides
- Beijing – Maya Island Hotel or similar
- Nanjing – Swisstouches Hotel Nanjing or similar
- Shanghai – Regal Plaza Hotel & Residence or similar
- Hangzhou – Meiziqing Hotel or similar
- Suzhou – Jiasheng Palace Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
3, 17* June 15* July 12* August
16* September 14, 21 October
- *High season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departure on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Whether it’s heritage listed landscapes, neon-drenched nightlife, buzzing city centres or millennial-old dynastic era architecture, every day is a new adventure on this spellbinding 12 day tour through China.
- Explore the hustle and bustle of Beijing and visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, before climbing the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Visit the mesmerising West Lake, home to pagoda-topped hills and willows to learn about China’s tea farms (and have a cup!), before visiting the magnificent Lingering Garden in Suzhou – one of the Great Four Classic Gardens of China.
- Discover soulful Shanghai, exploring Art Deco buildings oozing with 1920s glamour along the iconic Bund.
- Take a boat ride on the picturesque West Lake, the inspiration for countless works by ancient writers, scholars and calligraphers throughout history.
Pack your bags and get ready for the start of your China adventure.
Depending on your flight or departure date, you may depart earlier than Day 1
Ni Hao, welcome to China! Upon arrival in Beijing, you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free for you to unwind and getting ready for the exciting activities to come.
Start your day with a trip to Tiananmen Square, to marvel at the historical architecture and spiritual heart of China. Continue to the Forbidden City, a 15th century palace with treasures from the Ming and Qing dynasties. After lunch, enjoy some window shopping at a local pearl shop then spend the rest of your day at your leisure.
- Temple of Heaven, Acrobat Performance and Peking Duck Dinner – visit the 13th century site once used as a worship site by emperors to pray for a bountiful harvest, watch Chinese acrobats defy gravity and push their talents to the limits, and fill your belly with some succulent Peking duck (AUD $90 per person).
After breakfast, head north to visit the famous Great Wall of China, admiring the white marble Cloud Platform Gate standing almost 10m high and the way the wall snakes through leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltop.
Enroute, visit a jade carving factory to learn how ancient imperial ornaments were made. Afterwards, view the site of the 2008 Olympic Games, before learning the art of traditional Chinese medicine, capped off with a soothing foot massage.
- Hot Pot Dinner and Martial Arts Show – enjoy a delicious hot pot dinner before watching a Kung Fu martial arts performance (AUD $90 per person).
Board your bullet train to the southern capital of Nanjing, this morning. On arrival, pay homage to Dr Sun Yet-Sun, the revered father of the Republic of China at his mausoleum. Spend the evening exploring the city, or join for an optional tour of the Confucius Temple.
- Confucius Temple and Qinhuai River Cruise – explore the 11th century Confucious temple complex, and enjoy a cruise on the Qinhuai river complete with tea and local snacks (AUD $65 per person).
After seeing the Grand Bao’en Temple of Nanjing, board a high-speed bullet train to the buzzing metropolis of Shanghai. Meet with your guide for a city tour, starting at the City God Temple Bazaar.
Once a Taoist shrine, this trendy spot has become a hub of countless stalls selling delicious street food and handcrafts. Later, visit Shanghai’s famous waterfront district The Bund, replete with brilliant Art Deco buildings and stroll down the iconic Nanjing Road. Dinner is left for you to decide, why not try some famous Shanghai-style dumplings?
- Huangpu River Cruise – take in enchanting views as you cruise past the Pudong New District, a shining symbol of modern Shanghai (AUD $45 per person).
Today is yours to explore everything Shanghai has to offer. You could relax in Tianshan Park, or visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower for sweeping city views. Your friendly tour guide will be more than happy to help you choose!
- Zhujiajiao Half Day Tour – visit this beautiful water town near downtown Shanghai, wandering the ancient streets and admiring the historic charm that’s been around for over 1700 years (AUD $110 per person).
Transfer to Hangzhou via bullet train early this morning, embarking on a cruise of the picturesque West Lake and enjoying the city praised by adventurer Marco Polo as “the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world”.
- Impression of West Lake Musical – explore history, local culture and folklore during this open air performance on the lake. Prepare to be amazed by the musical talent and scene design on display throughout the show (AUD $110 per person).
Start your morning with a visit to a famed tea plantation to try your hand at tea-picking and learn about traditional tea processing. After savouring a cup, proceed to Suzhou, also known as “Oriental Venice”.
Take a stroll through the majestic Lingering Garden, a UNESCO heritage site built 400 years ago! Spend the evening unwinding, or exploring the city’s many sites at your leisure.
- Grand Canal Cruise – take a cruise down the longest man-made waterway in the world, with sections dating back to more than 2000 years ago, enjoying the beautiful homes and lanterns as you drift on by (AUD $45 per person).
Continue your Suzhou journey with a visit to the city’s largest silk factory, before transferring back to Shanghai. Make the most of your afternoon by exploring one of China’s most vibrant cities, perhaps picking up some final souvenirs to take back home.
Spend the morning at your leisure before transferring to the airport for your flight to Australia. Wave goodbye to the Middle Kingdom as you leave for home today, ready to start planning your next adventure!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane or Adelaide are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights from Perth are available for an additional $650 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Eastern, China Southern, Air China, Xiamen Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- China Visa – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Optional Activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages