CHINA: 12 Day China Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
A trove of dynastic and modern wonders.
Experience the entrancing mix of centuries-old tradition, tranquil nature, and modern metropolises that make up the most populous country in the world.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 10 Nights of Sublime Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast
- Conquer the Great Wall, Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors and Embark on a Bucket List Worthy Adventure
- Return International Flights for Two
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 4 Lunches and Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Tours, Transfers & Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Local English-Speaking Guides
- Beijing – Shangri-La’s China World or similar
- Suzhou – Xiangxuehai Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Grand Kingtown Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao West
- Xi’an- Titan Times Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 8, 22 March
- 12*, 19* April
- 17, 24 May
- 21, 28 June
- 5*, 12* July
- 2, 16 August
- 20 September
- 11* October
- 1, 15 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $380 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to China, the world’s most populous country and oldest continuous civilisation, made up of kaleidoscopic landscapes, thousands of years of tradition and breathtaking technological advancement!
- Be awestruck by the staggering size of the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way majestically across the imposing crags and lush valleys of Beijing’s Juyong Pass.
- Race from Beijing to Suzhou on a thrilling bullet train ride, reaching jaw-dropping speeds as fast as 431km per hour!
- Discover paradise on Earth in Hangzhou at the dreamy West Lake, brimming with willow-lined banks, opalescent waters and stone-gate houses.
- View the awe-inspiring ranks of Terracotta Warriors guarding Emperor Qin’s tomb in subterranean Xi’an.
Set off for bustling Beijing! Upon arrival, you will be met by your friendly tour guides and taken to your hotel.
Depending on airline availability, some travelers may leave Australia the day before Day 1 or on Day 1 in the morning. Upon arrival, you will be met by a local representative before transferring to your hotel.
Ni Hao and welcome to Beijing! Layered with tales of emperors and uprisings, Beijing is an extraordinary city with plenty to do and more waiting to be discovered. Spend the day at leisure drinking in the stunning sights and treating yourself to some local fare!
- Imperial Beijing Day Tour – Explore the world famous Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, the former seat of the emperors throughout the Ming and Qing dynasties. It is a true architectural masterpiece and home to the National Palace Museum (approx. AUD $75).
- Musical Performance – See one of two fantastic shows. The Golden Mask Dynasty is a spectacle of dancing, acrobatics and magnificent costumes – seen by an estimated 1.1 million people – or the Kong Fu Legend, a theatrical extravaganza jam-packed with engaging plot lines and martial arts (approx. AUD $55).
Today you will take an excursion to Juyong Pass to see the majestic Great Wall of China. Located 60km from downtown Beijing, Juyong Pass was the northern route to Beijing in ancient times and is one of the three most famous passes along the Wall. Upon arrival you will learn the fascinating facts behind this UNESCO World Heritage marvel’s construction, and have a chance to climb a portion of its incredible 6000km length.
On your way back to Beijing you will visit one of the largest jade exhibitions in Asia, then in the afternoon, why not join an optional activity?
- Hutong Life Tour – take a winding rickshaw ride through old courtyard dwellings – hutongs – built during the Mongol Yuan Dynasty and visit one of these local family homes to experience a taste of authentic ‘old Beijing’ life (approx AUD $45).
- Peking Duck Banquet Dinner – Treat yourself to an authentic Peking Duck Banquet served with all the traditional accompaniments (approx AUD $35).
Discover the ancient art of traditional Chinese medicine this morning at the Chinese Herbal Institute and this afternoon board your high-speed bullet train to Suzhou. Upon arrival, a local representative will greet you and transfer you to your hotel for a restful night’s sleep.
Suzhou, or Oriental Venice as it’s also known, is famous for its exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas, and beautiful gardens. After breakfast, drink in the dazzling beauty of the Lingering Garden, before heading to the largest silk factory in China to learn about this mysterious art.
Later, you will continue your journey to Wuxi, and this evening you will stroll through ancient and modern architecture in the trendy yet traditional Nangchang Street – a vibrant spot contrasting with the peaceful waterside atmosphere of Wuxi.
- Grand Canal Cruise – cruise along the UNESCO World Heritage listed Grand Canal. Over a thousand years old, it was known as ‘China’s golden waterway’ in its heyday (approx AUD $45 per person).
Glittering waters, wutong trees and spectacular scenes of beauty await you on a tour of the magnificent Lake Lihu today, followed by a visit to a luminous freshwater pearl farm.
Later, travel to Hangzhou, described by the Italian explorer Marco Polo as ‘the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’. Upon arrival absorb the scenic beauty that blends seamlessly with the city’s famous cultural and historical sites. This evening, you will have the opportunity to watch the famous Romantic Show of Songchen.
- The Romantic Show of Songchen – with over 2,000 performances to date, this is Hangzhou’s most famous performance, filled with martial arts, real horses, waterfalls and more (approx AUD $95).
Willow-lined banks, pagodas, pristine gardens and enchanting vantage points await you on your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage listed West Lake in Hangzhou today. Explore this natural marvel on foot, taking advantage of the lake-side benches and banks. If you wish, you may take an optional boat ride across the lake.Afterwards, visit the Longjing Tea Plantation and enjoy dragon well tea, before journeying to Shanghai. Upon arrival, why not join an optional boat ride on the Huangpu River?
- West Lake Boat Ride – experience this World Heritage beauty up close with a journey across its shimmering waters(approx AUD $45 per person).
- Huangpu River Night Cruise – drink in the enchanting night views of Shanghai as you glide across the dazzling Huangpu River (approx AUD $65 per person).
Known as the ‘Wall Street of the East’, step back in time this morning as you walk along the famous Bund and admire the European and Asian architecture that graces either side of the Huangpu River.
The day is yours to explore, and there’s plenty to see. Why not visit the Shanghai Pearl Exhibition Centre or City God Temple Bazaar, where you can find your fill of traditional Chinese fashion, art, souvenirs, and a 400-year-old tea house, the Huxinting Teahouse.
- Shanghai Half Day City Tour – Explore the inner city Shanghai with visits to Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, Jin Mao Tower and Xintiandi (approx AUD $55 per person).
- ERA: The Intersection of Time – tonight you will watch a stunning blend of performing arts and modern technology in a Chinese acrobatic show(AUD $85 per person).
Today you will travel to Xi’an, the centre for eleven dynasties over a period of more than 2,000 years and the first Chinese city to open its doors to the world. In the evening, why not treat yourself to an optional cultural show and dumpling feast?
- Tang Dynasty Cultural Show and Dumpling Banquet – ancient China comes to life watching this show of dazzling live music, dance and poetry., while sampling the region’s unique selection of steamed dumplings (approx. AUD $65 per person).
Today is yours to spend as you wish exploring dynamic Xi’an. Alternatively, you can join the optional Terracotta Warriors excursion and discover the secret of this mysterious Chinese historical masterpiece.
- Terracotta Warriors – admire the enigmatic ranks of Terracotta Warriors guarding Emperor Qin’s tomb in subterranean Xi’an, and perhaps meet the local farmer who stumbled upon them in 1974. Then visit the iconic Moslem Street. Look for shops selling Xi’an’s famous roujiamo, a delicious marinated beef or lamb stuffed inside a freshly baked bun (approx AUD $110).
Your tour ends today with a transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Welcome home to Australia!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne and Sydney
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane: $280 per person
- Adelaide: $380 per person
- Perth: $480 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines and Hainan Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $180 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1000 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Visa to China – compulsory
- Compulsory Tipping – 900 RMB per person, approx AUD $180 per person
- Travel Insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional Activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages