CHINA: 11 Day Classic China Tour Including Flights for Two
The perfect introduction to China.
$1,598Valued at $3,398
Uncover the dynastic heritage of Beijing and the Great Wall, unearth the enchanting beauty of Hangzhou and drink China’s most distinguished tea before falling in love with the metropolis of Shanghai on this incredible 11 day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Sublime Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast and Plenty More Meals as per the Itinerary
- Feel the Vastness of Tiananmen Square Breathing with History, Gain Insight into 1000-Year Old Chinese Herbal Medicine Practices and Be Enchanted by the Mighty Great Wall
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Tours, Transfers and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Local English-Speaking Guides
- Tips and Gratuities for Tour Guides
- Beijing – Fuyong Yulong Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Wuxi International Hotel or similar
- Suzhou – Holiday Inn Express Suzhou Taihu Lake or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Wassim Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 5, 12, 19 November
- 12, 26 March
9, 23* April
- 7*, 21 May
- 11, 25 June
- 9, 23* July
- 6, 20 August
- 10, 24 September
- 8*, 22 October
- 5 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Discover buzzing metropolises, architectural marvels, stunning scenery and ancient towns while drinking traditional Chinese tea in quaint hutongs on this 11 day classic tour of China.
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing and the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Visit the spiritual heart and historical centre of China at Tiananmen Square, the sight of seminal events like the iconic 1989 Tiananmen Square protests and the internment of Mao Zedong.
- Learn about China’s Tea heritage at the lush Longjing Tea Plantation whilst sipping on China’s prestigious dragon well tea.
- Admire the glistening waters of Hangzhou’s West Lake, and revel in the scenic vistas and watercolour, willow-lined banks of this gorgeous city.
- Uncover the elegance of the Wall Street of the East in Shanghai’s Bund, and marvel at Shanghai’s contemporary art scene, gorgeous gardens and larger than life skyscrapers.
Pack your bags for a jam-packed adventure as you board your international flight to Beijing. On arrival, you’ll transfer to your hotel.
Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to Day 1
Visit Tiananmen Square this morning, the largest square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China, home to the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the National Museum of China and the Mausoleum of Chairman Mao Zedong.
- Forbidden City tour – take a tour through the imperial centre of Beijing through the Ming and Qing dynasties, an iconic landmark rich in Chinese heritage (AUD $78 per person).
- Peking Duck dinner – enjoy an authentic Peking Duck banquet with all the traditional accompaniments (AUD $38 per person).
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this marvel.
En route back to Beijing, see artisans crafting traditional Chinese blue enamelware at a cloisonne factory.
This morning enjoy a tour of the Summer Palace, the largest preserved ancient garden in China and a former summer resort for dynastic Emperors.
After your garden visit, head to a Chinese herbal medicine institute to learn about the healing properties and history of traditional Chinese medicine, followed by a rejuvenating foot massage!
- Hutong Life and Panda House Tour – jump on a rickshaw and wind through a Hutong neighbourhood, stopping at a local house to gain insight into local Beijing life. Next, visit the Panda House at Beijing Zoo (AUD $78 per person).
Leave Beijing behind this morning as you board a high-speed train to Wuxi, an ancient city with breathtaking natural scenery, marvelling at the tranquil waters of Lake Tai en-route.
Spend the evening strolling through the tree-lined Nanchang Street, blending ancient and contemporary architecture with waterside charm.
Start your morning with a visit to one of the largest freshwater pearl exhibitions in the country before travelling to Suzhou.
Known as the Oriental Venice, Suzhou is home to exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas and beautiful gardens. Visit the Lingering Garden, known for its charming halls and unique imperial architecture enriched by a 500-year history.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (AUD $33 per person).
- Western Buffet Dinner – enjoy a sumptuous western-style buffet at your hotel (AUD $48 per person).
Visit a silk spinning mill this morning and discover the mysterious ways of silk processing before travelling by coach to Hangzhou. Aptly named by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, experience the beauty firsthand with a boat ride along the West Lake.
- Impression West Lake – enjoy an open-air performance crafted by the Director of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony (AUD $78 per person).
Head for the lush Longjing Tea Plantation this morning to learn about China’s green tea heritage and sip on China’s most distinguished tea – dragon well tea.
Afterwards, travel to Shanghai. Upon arrival, visit the Bund, home to Art Deco buildings that were once filled with powerful banks and trading houses, now home to designer boutiques and restaurants. Spend the rest of the afternoon strolling through the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road.
- Huangpu River Cruise – sail along the tranquil waters of the Huangpu River – a must-see for any visitor! (AUD $38 per person)
Visit the Shanghai Museum this morning, filled with ancient Chinese art, furniture and jade stones. Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure.
- Jin Mao Tower, Xintiandi and Maglev Train Tour – visit famous sights including the 88th floor of Jin Mao Tower, the trendy Xintiandi neighbourhood, and catch a ride on the world’s fastest bullet train (AUD $68 per person).
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (AUD $73 per person).
Say goodbye to your fellow travellers this morning, as your classic China tour ends after breakfast. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Adelaide are available for an additional $380 per person
- Flights from Perth are available for an additional $500 per person
- Flights from Brisbane are available for an additional $280 per person
- Business Class Upgrades are available for an additional $2900 per person, subject to availability
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $380 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- No discounts apply for children – full prices apply for all minors travelling with their parents
- Unaccompanied minors are not permitted
- Rooms have a maximum capacity of two, with bedding configurations for Double or Twin, subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Optional tour prices are subject to currency exchange rates and may change at any time
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages