CHINA: 11 Day China Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
Unearth ancient and modern treasures.
Uncover the dynastic heritage of Beijing and the Great Wall of China, unearth the enchanting beauty of Hangzhou and drink China’s most distinguished tea before falling in love with the metropolis of Shanghai on this incredible 11 day tour.
- Return International Flights
- 9 Nights of Hotel Accommodation with Daily Meals as per the Itinerary
- Get Lost in China’s History at Tiananmen Square, Be Enchanted by the Mighty Great Wall and Unearth the Enchanting Beauty of Hangzhou and Wuxi
- Return International Flights
- 9 Nights of Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Meals as per the Itinerary
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Round Trip Airport and Hotel Transfers
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Beijing – Wyndham Beijing North or similar
- Suzhou – Suzhou QingShan Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Days Hotel Baile Wuxi or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Howard Johnson Hong Qiao Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 14 March
- 4*, 18* April
- 2, 23, 30 May
- 27** June
- 4**, 25 July
- 1, 22 August
- 5, 12 September
- 10, 17 October
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak Season surcharge of $400 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Immerse yourself in China’s dynamic beauty on this 11 day tour, from heritage listed landscapes and neon-drenched streets to buzzing city centres and dynastic era architecture with thousands year old history.
- Be awestruck by the size and might of the Great Wall – China’s iconic defensive structure that undulates majestically over the peaks and troughs of the gloriously picturesque Beijing hillside.
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing, soaking up the stunning sights and treating yourself to some local fare, and visit Shanghai’s City God Temple Bazaar for your fill of traditional Chinese fashion, art and souvenirs.
- See medicine and the body from a different perspective with a visit to a traditional Chinese Medicine Centre, where you’ll learn about the benefits of herbal medicine, acupuncture and massages on ailing health, all while receiving a rejuvenating foot massage!
- Admire the ever-changing views afforded by the dramatic moon gates and windows in the 500 year-old Lingering Garden in Oriental Venice, Suzhou.
- Discover “Paradise on Earth” at Hangzhou’s dreamy West Lake and drink Dragon Well tea at the Longjing Tea Plantation – a tea that’s regarded as number one in China, with over 1200 years of history.
Ni Hao, China! Pack your bags for an unforgettable adventure as your board your international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Please Note: Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to Day 1.
Visit Tiananmen Square this morning, the largest square in the world and the historical and spiritual heart of China before continuing on to the scarlet-fringed Forbidden City, home to late Emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Settle into your first evening with a welcome banquet, sampling delicacies including peking roast duck and all the traditional accompaniments.
Learn about the manufacturing process behind China’s most precious and celebrated Jade stone before being captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, majestically perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. Noted as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this marvel.
After lunch, witness artisans crafting traditional Chinese blue enamelware at a cloisonne factory.
- Golden Mask Dynasty – enjoy a traditional Chinese performance (approx. $75 per person).
This morning enjoy a tour of the Summer Palace, the largest preserved ancient garden in China and a former summer resort for dynastic Emperors, followed by a visit to the Panda House at Beijing Zoo for a close-up view of China’s adorable national treasure – the giant panda!
Up next, head to a Chinese herbal medicine institute to learn about the healing properties and history of traditional Chinese medicine, followed by a rejuvenating foot massage!
Afterwards, take a stroll through Wangfujing, one of Beijing’s most famous shopping streets, where you could pick up some souvenirs.
- Hutong Life Tour or Bell Tower* – embark on a tour through Beijing’s ancient Hutong neighbourhoods, stopping to visit a local family to gain insight into tai chi, Chinese calligraphy and cricket fighting. Alternatively, climb up Bell Tower to enjoy a bird’s eye view of old Beijing (approx. $70 per person).
- Chinese Kung Fu Show – sit back and admire the magnificent Kung Fu Legend Show (approx. $75 per person).
*Please Note: There is only time available for one optional activity (Hutong Life Tour or Bell Tower). Your tour guide will advise which one is available and suitable based on the day’s schedule. The Bell Tower requires climbing stairs.
Leave Beijing behind this morning as you board a high-speed train to Wuxi, an ancient city with breathtaking natural scenery, marvelling at the tranquil waters of Lake Tai en-route.
Spend the evening strolling through the tree-lined Nanchang Street, blending ancient and contemporary architecture with waterside charm.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (approx. $35 per person).
Start your morning with a visit to one of the largest freshwater pearl exhibitions in the country before travelling to Suzhou.
Known as the Oriental Venice, Suzhou is home to exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas and beautiful gardens. Visit the Lingering Garden, known for its charming halls and unique imperial architecture enriched by a 500-year history.
Visit a silk spinning mill this morning and discover the mysterious ways of silk processing before travelling by coach to Hangzhou. Aptly referred to by Marco Polo as the ‘most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, experience the beauty firsthand with a boat ride along the West Lake.
- Impression West Lake – enjoy an open-air performance crafted by the Director of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony (approx. $80 per person).
Head for the lush Longjing Tea Plantation this morning to learn about China’s green tea heritage and sip on China’s most distinguished tea – Dragon Well tea.
Next, travel to Shanghai. Upon arrival, visit the Bund, home to Art Deco buildings that were once filled with powerful banks and trading houses, now home to designer boutiques and restaurants.
The rest of the afternoon is yours to stroll through the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road at your leisure.
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself to the amazing Intersection of Time acrobatic show (approx. $75 per person).
After breakfast this morning, head to the 88th floor of the famous Jin Mao Tower for panoramic views of Huangpu River and the Bund from the observation deck. Enjoy lunch on your own before heading to the Old City God Temple where you could witness folk performances, learn special calligraphy and much more!
Enjoy a delicious farewell dinner with your fellow travellers this evening
- Huangpu River Cruise – sail along the tranquil waters of Huangpu River for a glimpse of dazzling and charming night views of Shanghai (approx. $40 per person).
Your classic China tour ends after breakfast as you transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Please Note: For travellers who aren’t participating in optional programs, alternative activities and attractions may not be available in the vicinity and cannot be arranged. Non-participants must wait for the group to finish the activities should they wish to take the transfer. Transportation is not included and is self-arranged for those not joining optional programs.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with Malaysia Airlines, China Eastern Airlines or similar Chinese/Asian carriers, subject to availability
- Airline upgrades on the Long Haul Section with Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or their code-share partners are available from $500 per person, subject to availability and applicable fare difference
- Premium economy upgrades with Cathay Pacific or similar are available from $2200 per person, subject to availability
- Business class upgrades with China Eastern, China Southern Airlines or similar are available from $2500 per person, subject to availability
- Business class upgrades with Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or similar are available from $4100 per person, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 20, maximum 48
- Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 2 weeks before departure and may involve 2 transits per leg
- No child discount applies. Prices are the same as adult
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $550 in a single room applies to those wishing to travel alone. Triple share is available upon request (rollaway bedding)
- All surcharges are payable directly to the tour operator
Optional Pre-Tour Extension Package:
- Xi-an Terracotta Warriors 2 nights from $590 per person
- Domestic flights from Xi’an to Beijing in economy class on a local carrier
- 2 Nights of hotel accommodation (twin/double/triple share)
- Daily meals as indicated
- Transportation via coach
- Entrance fees to scenic attractions
- English-speaking guide
- All transfers
- Tipping prepaid in Australia: $30 per person
- Personal expenditure
- Price Guide:
- Single Supplement: $120
- This extension can be combined with other optional tour extensions
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Mandatory prepaid tipping of AUD $100 per person
- Optional tours and activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages