CHINA: 10 Day China Tour Including Flights for Two
Uncover the sprawling beauty of China.
$1,998Valued at $3,798
See China in a different light on this incredible 10 day tour, blending buzzing city centres with iconic tourist spots and stunning scenery all the way from Beijing to Chengdu!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast and 2 Delicious Lunches
- Be Swept Away by the Vastness of Tiananmen Square, See the Great Wall Illuminated at Night and Learn About the Ancient Practice of Tai Chi
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast and 2 Delicious Lunches
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation via Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Experienced Local English-Speaking Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- Tips and Gratuities
- Chengdu – Chengdu Holiday Inn High-Tech Center or similar
- Beijing – Crowne Plaza Hotel and Resort or similar
- Beijing – Gubei Water Town Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- Sep 5
- Oct 24
- Nov 7, 14
- 5, 12, 19, 26 March
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 April
- 7, 15, 21, 28 May
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See the best China has on offer on this incredible 10 day tour, taking you through buzzing metropolises, architectural marvels, stunning scenery and ancient towns.
- Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Centre in Chengdu and come face to face with China’s national treasure. On average, these majestic creatures live off a diet of 99% bamboo, and can reach a weight of over 160kg!
- Explore the lively capital of Beijing and the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way through majestic leafy landscapes and temple-covered hilltops.
- Visit the spiritual heart and historical centre of China at Tiananmen Square, the site of seminal events like the iconic 1989 Tiananmen Square protests and the internment of Mao Zedong.
- Take a step back in time at Gubei Water Town, filled with dynastic buildings and hutong alleyways that will make you feel like you’re walking through a 16th-century town. Leaning against the Simatai Section of the Great Wall, this town is the perfect place to see the wall by night.
- See medicine and the body from a different perspective with a visit to a traditional Chinese Medicine Centre, where you’ll learn about the benefits of herbal medicine, acupuncture and massage on ailing health, all while receiving a rejuvenating foot massage!
Pack your bags for a jam-packed adventure as you board your international flight to Chengdu.
Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to Day 1
Ni Hao China! Upon arrival at the airport, you’ll be greeted for a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Visit the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding today. Offering a close-up view of giant and red pandas, this unique ‘zoo’ is a state of the art ecological breeding and non-profit research base established to save this endangered species. Afterwards, take a step back in time with a visit to Jinli Old Street and Kuan and Zhai Alley, where shopkeepers are dressed in traditional Qing-dynastic Sichuan clothing.
- Sichuan Hotpot Dinner – savour the tastes of this regional delight that will be sure to enlighten the senses (AUD $25 per person).
Spend the day exploring Chengdu at your own pace, perhaps sampling the region’s ancient brews in local tea houses, marvelling at the Wenshu Monastery or indulging in Sichuan Dumplings in Chili Oil or Mapo Tofu.
- Leshan Giant Buddha Tour – take a guided tour to see the Leshan Giant Buddha, carved from stone off the side of a cliff face and standing at an immense 71m tall (AUD $105 per person).
Leave Chengdu behind this morning and head for Beijing. First stop, Tiananmen Square. Known as the historical and spiritual heart of China, Tiananmen Square is renowned for the iconic 1989 Tiananmen Square protests and the interment of Mao Zedong. Spend the rest of the afternoon at your leisure, either winding down or exploring the sights of the city.
- Hutong Life (L) – enjoy a tour of the traditional Hutong neighbourhood via rickshaw (AUD $75 per person).
Prepare to be captivated by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, perched over the peaks and hills of Beijing. You’ll have the opportunity to walk a portion of this 6,000km marvel, admiring the imperial buildings and temples that lay below. En route back to Beijing, learn about China’s cultural affinity with the jade stone at a Jade factory.
- Summer Palace Tour – explore the largest preserved ancient garden in China, a former summer resort to Dynastic emperors (AUD $55 per person).
Head for the famous Gubei Water Town today, surrounded by stunning mountains, water and ancient architecture, rife with history from the Qing Dynasty. Known as the Star Town under the Great Wall, this town offers up mesmerising views of the Simatai Section of the Great Wall by night.
Spend the day exploring this quaint little town at your leisure, perhaps admiring the Qing-style dynastic buildings, reconstructed in a traditional courtyard style. You could cap off your day with a stroll along the river-lined streets or sample local delicacies like chestnut cake and sweet apple dessert.
Return to Beijing this morning, stopping off at the Temple of Heaven to learn about and practice the ancient art form of Tai Chi. Afterwards, enjoy a foot massage at the traditional Chinese Medical Centre where you will have the opportunity to learn about alternative Chinese medical treatments and even consult a Chinese Medical professional!
Transfer to the airport in the afternoon for your flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Perth and Brisbane are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern Airlines, China Eastern or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $450 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages