CHINA: 10 Day China Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
A treasure trove of dynastic and modern wonders.
$1,798Valued at $3,596
Scratch the surface of China’s man-made wonders as you gaze at the gargantuan Great Wall and watch the sunset over Shanghai’s dazzling skyline, and uncover unparalleled natural beauty in Oriental Venice and Paradise on Earth.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Luxurious 4-5 Star Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast
- Be Awed by the Great Wall and Enamoured by Oriental Venice in Suzhou
- Extend Your Journey with 12 & 14 Day Trips Available!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and Many More Meals as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Local English-Speaking Guides
- Beijing – Shangri-La China World Hotel or similar
- Suzhou – Xiangxuehai Hotel or similar
- Wuxi – Grand Kingtown Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou – Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai – Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao West or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 8, 22 March
- 12*, 19* April
- 17, 24 May
- 21, 28 June
- 5*, 12* July
- 2, 16 August
- 20 September
- 11* October
- 1, 15 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $380 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to China, the world’s most populous country and oldest continuous civilisation made up of kaleidoscopic landscapes, thousands of years of tradition and breathtaking technological advancement!
- Be awestruck by the staggering size of the mighty Great Wall of China – winding its way majestically across the imposing crags and lush valleys of Beijing’s Juyong Pass.
- Race from Beijing to Suzhou on a thrilling bullet train ride, reaching jaw-dropping speeds as fast as 431km per hour!
- Admire the ever-changing views afforded by the dramatic moon gates and windows in the 500-year-old Lingering Garden in Oriental Venice, Suzhou.
- Discover Paradise on Earth at Hangzhou’s dreamy West Lake and drink dragon well tea at the Longjing Tea Plantation – a tea that’s regarded as number one in China, with over 1200 years of history.
- Eat, shop and enjoy expert tours in the wonderful city of Shanghai, where the diverse culture of China is exemplified by both its exotic history and dazzling skyline.
- Extend your trip with our 12 day journey to see Xi’an, home to the Terracotta Warriors, or continue on to gorgeous Guangzhou on the 14 day escape!
China is calling, so you’d better get those bags packed!
Depending on your flight time, you may depart Australia prior to or on Day 1.
Say ‘ni hao’ to Beijing today, as you’re left to discover this buzzing metropolis at your own pace. Be sure to pack a pair of sturdy travelling shoes as you get to know this lively city on foot, drinking in the stunning sights and treating yourself to some local fare – savoury Beijing-style soup dumplings are a must!
- Imperial Beijing Tour – explore one of the grandest public plazas in the world at the famous Tiananmen Square, before continuing on to the scarlet-fringed Forbidden City, home to late Emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties ( 350 RMB, approx. AUD $75 per person).
- Musical Performance – sit back and admire the magnificent Golden Mask Dynasty Show or Kung Fu Legend Show (RMB 250, approx. AUD $55 per person).
Prepare to be enamoured by The Great Wall at the Juyongguan Pass, as the wall snakes across mountain peaks. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, you will have the opportunity to hike a portion of this 6,000km marvel and admire the ancient buildings and temples scattered below.
En route, learn a thing or two about the cultural significance of jade with a stop at Asia’s largest jade carving workshop. Afterwards, you could embark on a Hutong and traditional rickshaw expedition, followed by a delicious Peking Duck Banquet Dinner!
- Hutong Life Tour – jump on a traditional rickshaw and enjoy a tour of a Hutong, one of Beijing’s traditional neighbourhoods (RMB 200, approx. AUD $45 per person).
- Peking Duck Banquet Dinner – sit down for an authentic Peking Duck Banquet served with all the traditional accompaniments (RMB 150, approx. AUD $35 per person).
Discover the ancient art of traditional Chinese medicine this morning at the Chinese Herbal Institute and this afternoon board your high-speed bullet train to Suzhou. Upon arrival, a local representative will greet you and transfer you to your hotel for a restful night’s sleep.
Suzhou, or Oriental Venice as it’s also known, is famous for its exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas, and beautiful gardens. After breakfast, drink in the dazzling beauty of the Lingering Garden, before heading to the largest silk factory in China to learn about this mysterious art. This afternoon, journey to Wuxi and enjoy a visit to Nanchang Street before check-in.
- Grand Canal Cruise – sweep along ancient canals and city banks on the picturesque Grand Canal (RMB 200, approx. AUD $45 per person).
Glittering waters, wutong trees and spectacular scenes of beauty await you on a tour of the magnificent Lake Lihu. Afterwards, visit a luminous freshwater pearl farm and travel to Hangzhou.
Upon arrival, you’ll have plenty of time to admire this glittering city that Marco Polo described as ‘the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’. After you’ve had your fill of independent exploration, why not experience one of China’s most enduring theatre performances, The Romantic Show of Songcheng.
- The Romantic Show of Songcheng (RMB 450, approx. AUD $95 per person).
Willow-lined banks, pagodas, pristine gardens and enchanting vantage points await you on your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed West Lake in Hangzhou today. Explore this natural marvel on foot, taking advantage of the lakeside benches and banks.
Afterwards, you’ll visit the Longjing Tea Plantation and enjoy dragon well tea – a tea that’s regarded as number one in China with over 1200 years of history – before journeying to the skyscraper-city of Shanghai.
- Boat Ride on the West Lake (RMB 200, approx. AUD $45 per person).
- Huangpu River Night Cruise – drink in the enchanting night views of Shanghai as you glide across the dazzling Huangpu River (RMB 300, approx. AUD $65 per person).
Step back in time this morning as you walk along the famous Bund and admire the European and Asian architecture that graces either side of the Huangpu River.
Afterwards, the remainder of the day is at your leisure. You could visit the City God Temple Bazaar. Here, you can find your fill of traditional Chinese fashion, art, souvenirs, and a 400-year-old Huxinting Teahouse.
- Shanghai Insight Tour – Explore the inner city of Shanghai by joining this half-day city tour. On this tour, you will visit the famous sites including Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, Jin Mao Tower and Xintiandi (RMB 250, approx. AUD $55 per person).
- Chinese Acrobatic Show – treat yourself by seeing the amazing ‘ERA: The Intersection of Time’ acrobatic show (RMB 400, approx. AUD $85 per person).
Say goodbye to your fellow travellers this morning, as your China discovery ends after breakfast. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Felt like your trip was too short? Why not embark on the 12 day journey to see Xi’an, the home of the Terracotta Warriors, or continue onto gorgeous Guangzhou!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Departures from other cities incur and additional surcharge as follows:
- Brisbane: additional $280 per person
- Adelaide: additional $380 per person
- Perth: additional $480 per person
- Flights are economy with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines, Hainan Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Flight Class Upgrades are available for an additional $2900 per person, subject to availability
- Travelling solo? A single supplement applies for those wishing to travel alone:
- 10 Day: $600
- 12 Day: $700
- 14 Day: $770
- For more information on any of the above upgrades, contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210
- No discounts apply for children – full prices apply for all minors travelling with their parents
- Unaccompanied minors are not permitted
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 36
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Non-refundable compulsory tipping – payable upon arrival:
- 10 Day: RMB 750, approx. $152 per person
- 12 Day: RMB 900, approx. $183 per person
- 14 Day: RMB 1050, approx. $213 per person
- Compulsory visa to China
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Optional activities and excursions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages