CHINA: 10 Day Chengdu & Yangtze River Cruise Package Including Flights for Two
See the sights, tastes & culture of Sichuan.
Escape bustling city centres and see China from a different point of view with this stunning cruise along the glistening waters of the Yangtze River, marvelling at gorgeous scenery, stunning riverside locales and gorgeous temples along the way.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 4 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation Plus a Luxury 4 Night Cruise Aboard the 5 Star Gold 6 Cruise Liner
- Come Face to Face with Pandas, Cruise Along the Tranquil Waters of the Yangtze River or Perhaps Taste Ancient Brew at Authentic Tea Houses in Chengdu!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 4 Nights of Hotel Accommodation
- 4 Night Yangtze River Cruise Aboard the Luxury Gold 6 Cruise Liner
- Daily Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- All On Ground Transportation by Private Air Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Return Airport Transfers
- Local English-Speaking Guides
- Gratuities and Tipping for Tour Guides
- Chengdu – High Tech Holiday Inn or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Gold 6 or similar
Glide along the Yangtze aboard the 5 Star Gold 6 cruise liner. Unwind in your luxe standard cabin decked out with a private bathroom and TV. When you’re not lounging in your room, enjoy the lush ship facilities including a sun deck with lounge chairs, indoor pool, spa, massage, fitness center and more!
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
19, 26 March 2, 9, 16 23, 30 April
- 7, 14, 21, 28 May
- 4 June
- 23* July
- 13, 20, 27 August
- 3*, 10*, 17*, 24* September
- 8, 15, 22, 29 October
- 5, 12, 19, 26 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Ni Hao China!. Ditch the tourist traps and explore Sichuan’s sprawling culture and beauty and cruise along the dazzling Yangtze River to uncover stunning scenery, hidden temples and magnificent mountains.
- Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Centre in Chengdu and come face to face with China’s national treasure. On average, these majestic creatures live off a diet of 99% bamboo, and can reach a weight of over 160kg!
- Cruise down the Yangtze River with a four night cruise aboard the 5 Star Gold 6 Cruise Liner, perhaps watching the world float by aboard the sun deck with a cocktail in hand!
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring panoramas of the Three Gorges, lined with local riverside towns and sacred temples, cruising through the magnificent Xiling Gorge and the Mountains of Eastern Sichuan.
- Get ready to heighten your senses with a thrilling optional tour to the spooky Fengdu Ghost City, a large complex of shrines and temples on Ming Mountain dedicated to the afterlife.
Pack your bags for an unforgettable adventure as your board your international flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in. Spend the rest of your day unwinding and recharging before your full day of touring begins tomorrow.
Depending on your flight schedule, you may depart before day 1.
Take in the sights of Chengdu today on a full guided tour. Step back in time with a visit to the bustling Jinli Old Street and Kuan and Zhai Alley, where shopkeepers are dressed in traditional Sichuan clothing that was worn during the Qing dynasty!
Spend the rest of the afternoon perhaps perusing the stalls and tasting local delights before heading back to the hotel.
Spend the day exploring Chengdu at your own pace, perhaps sampling the region’s ancient brews in local teahouses, marvelling at the Wenshu Monastery or indulging in Sichuan Dumplings in Chilli Oil or Mapo Tofu.
- Leshan Giant Buddha Tour – take a guided tour to see the Leshan Giant Buddha, carved from stone off the side of a cliff face and standing at an immense 71m tall (AUD $100 per person).
Visit the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding today. Offering a close-up view of giant and red pandas, this unique ‘zoo’ is a state of the art ecological breeding and non-profit research base established to preserve this endangered species.
- Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding Guided Tour – tour the facility with an experienced tour guide, and gain insight into the preservation process (AUD $80 per person).
- Sichuan Hotpot Dinner – savour the tastes of this regional delight that will be sure to enlighten the senses (AUD $26 per person).
Transfer today from Chengdu to Yichang. Upon arrival, board the Gold 6 for your Yangtze River Cruise and set sail down the river!
Cruise through the stunning Three Gorges this morning, a mountainous stretch carved between steep cliffs. Spend the rest of the day unwinding on the cruise ship before kicking the night off with a Captain’s Welcome Banquet and a night of entertainment with a Chinese Dancing Ball.
*Please note that all Optional Activities for the Yangtze River Cruise must be bought all together as a package. See Fine Print for details
- Three Gorges Dam Site – visit one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind, built as one of the biggest hydropower projects in the world.
- Tribe of the Three Gorges – take a tour to the Tribe of the Three Gorges, a stunning scenic spot abundant with natural wonders and local village life from the Ba and Shu peoples.
Unwind and recharge onboard today, perhaps with an indulgent spa treatment, or a refreshing dip in the onboard pool. Continue onto the Xiling Gorge, the largest stretch of the Three Gorges, renowned for its streams, springs, stones and caves.
Pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan today, abundant with stunning natural scenery. Spend the rest of the day unwinding on board before your cruise farewell dinner this evening.
- Fengdu Ghost City – embark on a tour of Fengdu Ghost City, otherwise known as the ‘city of ghosts’. Located on Ming Mountain, this temple complex is decorated with instruments of punishment and demon paintings, demonstrating a Chinese version of hell.
- Shibaozhai – visit the 12-story wooden pagoda located on the south bank of the Yangtze where you can soak up breathtaking views of the river from each level of the pagoda.
Say goodbye to your travel buddies this morning as you disembark the cruise ship and transfer to Chongqing for your flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flight from Brisbane and Perth are available for an addition $350 per person
- Flights are economy class with Tianjin Airlines, Hainan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Air China, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Maximum room capacity: 3 people, subject to availability
- No discounts apply for 3rd travellers. Full price applies, subject to availability
- Yangtze River Cruise dining room VIP upgrades are available for $62 per person
- *Yangtze River optional excursions can be purchased all together for AUD $176 per person
- Visa to enter China – compulsory
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Applicable surcharges
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages