CANADA & ALASKA: 24 Day Canada Self-Drive and Alaska Cruise Package Including Flights for Two (Balcony Cabin)
Drive your way through Canada’s natural wonderlands and heritage towns.
Where culture-rich towns steeped in history meet breathtaking, untouched natural wonderlands, let the otherworldly beauty of Canada and Alaska sweep you away on this wonderful self-driving tour capped off with a 7 day Alaska cruise.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Cruise Alaska’s Inside Passage with 7 Nights Onboard the Ruby Princess
- Discover the Best of Canada as you Weave Through the Historic Fort Steele Heritage Town and Otherworldly Banff National Park in a Motorhome
- Return International Flights for Two
- 2 Nights of Hotel Accommodation in Vancouver for Two
- 7 Night Alaska Cruise Onboard the Ruby Princess
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- 14 Nights of Motorhome Vehicle Rental
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
- Vancouver – Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel or similar
- Canada – Motorhome
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruise – Ruby Princess or similar
Set sail through Alaska’s Inside Passage onboard the Princess Cruises Ruby Princess. Soak up magnificent ocean views from a sun lounger in the adults only Sanctuary, enjoy a refreshing dip in one of the four pools and cap off your day with a movie under the stars.
When you’re feeling peckish, the International Cafe will fulfil your desires for fresh pastries and rich espresso, while Alfredo’s Pizzeria is ready to serve hot, hand-tossed pizza. As for entertainment, you’ll never be at a loss for what to do with original musicals, dazzling magic shows, a Vegas-style casino and plethora of nightclubs to get you dancing.
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred cabin option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
Fitted with a private en suite bathroom, flat screen TV, a desk and seating area, these cosy sanctuaries are the perfect place to relax and refresh when you’re not having fun above deck. Choose from either a queen or two single beds with luxury linens and a telephone where you can easily reach the helpful staff should you desire anything.
As well as all the fantastic facilities of the Inside Cabin, Ocean View Cabins come with the added benefit of a window or porthole overlooking the ocean – so you can bask in natural light and watch the calming waves from the comfort of your room.
A must-have for those seeking something special! Open your doors to sweeping sea views and drink your morning coffee out on your very own private balcony.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 24 April
- 1, 8, 15 May
- 17 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Immerse yourself in the wondrous sights of Canada as you traverse natural wonderlands and historic cities in your own motorhome before admiring picturesque glacial landscapes on a cruise through Alaska’s Inside Passage on this 24 day adventure.
- Delve into the natural wonder of Banff and Jasper National Park, rich with imposing mountains, emerald lakes, winding rivers, overhanging canyons and home to an abundance of wildlife.
- Marvel at the perfect blend of picturesque old buildings and vibrant turn-of-the-century architecture, alongside a thriving pub scene, in Victoria, a culture-rich city in Vancouver Island.
- Board the Ruby Princess for an extravagant voyage complete with culinary delights, a rejuvenating spa, impressive entertainment and unbelievable vantage points to admire Alaska’s breathtaking landscapes.
- Sail into dreamy Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, where seven colossal glaciers spill out of the mountains and into the icy sea and majestic whales break through the surface.
- Witness history come to life at Fort Steele Heritage Town and Hat Creek Ranch, local settlements steeped in the legacy of the 1864 Kootenay Gold Rush where reconstructed homesteads and horse-drawn wagons wait to transport you back in time.
Greetings, Vancouver! Welcome to the ocean-fringed city of lively festivals, explorable neighbourhoods and drink-and-dine delights.
Spend the morning stocking up on groceries and essentials before embarking on your motorhome adventure.
A working Benedictine monastery, you’ll be enamoured by the miraculous interior design of Westminster Abbey in Mission, before crossing the mountainous Fraser Valley countryside to the Kilby Historic Site, a museum documenting the region’s rich history where staff dazzle in traditional costumes.
Passing through the picturesque Okanagan Valley, where orchards of peaches and apricots and scores of local wineries spread across terraced hills, you could stop for roadside purchases against the backdrop of Manning Provincial Park’s beautiful whitebark pines and the snowy peaks of the Cascade Mountain Range.
Spend the evening in one of the many campgrounds around the lakeside city of Kelowna.
Bid farewell to the Okanagan Valley and make your way to Crawford Bay, with two exciting routes you can take. For the first route, travel north through Vernon, a city nestled in an orchard-scented valley, before boarding a BC Ferry and crossing vast bodies of water to your destination.
Or choose the second route, driving south towards the US border and passing through the quintessential small town of Nelson where a cluster of 350 heritage buildings sit along the shores of Kootenay Lake, encompassed by the soaring Selkirk Mountains.
Continue on through Cranbrook, the largest urban centre of the region where peaceful lakes and dense forests blend together to offer postcard-worthy photo opportunities everywhere you turn.
Witness history come to life at Fort Steele Heritage Town, a local settlement steeped in the legacy of the 1864 Kootenay Gold Rush, with reconstructed homesteads and horse-drawn wagons waiting to transport you back in time.
Set amongst the world-renowned Canadian Rockies, head through the breathtaking Kootenay National Park, the only national park in Canada boasting both glaciers and cacti in one tranquil environment.
Arrive at the iconic Banff National Park and prepare to explore this natural wonderland tomorrow.
A natural wonderland of imposing mountains, emerald lakes, winding rivers, overhanging canyons, and home to majestic elk and deer, you’ll be enamoured by Banff National Park.
You could embrace the ethereal atmosphere of the Cave and Basin National Historic Site, ride the Banff Gondola up Sulphur Mountain for expansive views of the lush Bow Valley or plunge beneath hot mineral springs at the Upper Hot Springs.
From one natural wonderland to the next, cross a never-ending procession of mammoth mountains, jagged peaks, over 100 glaciers and pristine lakes on your way to Jasper National Park. Take in the wondrous sights of Sarbach Glacier, Peyto Lake, Bow Lake, Bow Glacier and Crowfoot Glacier before arriving at the vast Columbia Icefield where you can board an ice explorer to venture out onto the ice.
Immerse yourself in the breathtaking vistas of the scenic drive along Yellowhead Highway as you approach the municipality of Clearwater, a region renowned for the sheer gorges and crashing falls of the North Thompson River.
Tonight, if not in Clearwater, you could stay at Helmcken Falls, a popular waterfall where waters plunge 141m off the edge of a cliff shrouded in greenery.
Spend the day exploring the gem that is Wells Gray Provincial Park. A spectacular destination for hiking, canoeing, rafting, kayaking and camping, the site is set amongst a collection of mineral springs, serene lakes, dormant volcanoes and rushing falls.
Discover life in the Gold Rush as you stop by Cache Creek, a bustling oasis in the midst of a desert-like climate, and roam the historic Hat Creek Ranch where 100-year old buildings line the original Cariboo Wagon Roads.
Continue en route to Whistler Village along Duffey Lake Road, enjoying breathtaking views of Joffre Glacier and the snow-capped Mount Currie before settling in for the night at Riverside Resort RV Park.
Situated at the base of both Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains lies Whistler Village, an area comprised of interwoven, cobblestone pedestrian walkways that was once the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Get the most out of this experience by catching the Peak 2 Peak Gondola between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains for unrivaled 360° views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks and valleys.
Traverse the scenic Sea to Sky Highway to Horseshoe Bay and hop on a BC Ferry to Vancouver Island. Docking in Nanaimo, a metropolis known for its delightful eateries, make stops at the elaborate murals in Chemainus followed by Duncan, the “City of Totems”, en route to the distinctly British city of Victoria.
Roam the culture-rich city of Victoria, boasting a perfect blend of picturesque old buildings and vibrant turn-of-the-century architecture. Experience a free tour of the lavish British Columbia Parliament Buildings or stroll the Inner Harbour down to Fisherman’s Wharf where you can feed local sea lions against the backdrop of vibrant floating houses.
Return to the mainland today via ferry from Swartz Bay, but don’t leave Vancouver Island without exploring the opulent Butchart Gardens, famous for its skilful blending of rare and exotic plants with native trees and flora.
Upon arrival on the mainland, drive to Vancouver and return the motorhome.
This morning, you will be transferred from Vancouver to Seattle where you will embark on your Alaska Inside Passage Cruise onboard the Ruby Princess.
The day is yours to soak up all the onboard entertainment as you sail the Inside Passage. You could relax poolside with a margarita in hand or get the blood pumping at the outdoor sports court. Tonight, perhaps experience an original musical production at the in-house theatre.
Dock in Alaska’s scenic capital, Juneau! Nestled between a narrow waterway and the sheer pine tree-laden cliff-face of Mt. Roberts, the city doesn’t have roads that lead anywhere but the surrounding areas are packed with things to do.
Perhaps ride the tram up to the peak of Mt. Roberts for unspoilt panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, gaze out at the majestic Mendenhall Glacier or join a free tour of the Alaskan Brewery and Bottling Company, discovering all about the intricate brewing process.
Take a stroll back to 1898 to the site of the Klondike Gold Rush as you arrive on the shores of Skagway. You could ride the White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad for breathtaking vistas of imposing mountain peaks, observe salmon swimming upstream at Pullen Creek Stream or admire beautiful glacier views as you float along Taiya River.
Get ready for your next dreamy destination as you roll in to Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve where seven colossal glaciers spill out of the mountains and into the icy sea. Why not kayak on the crystal-clear waters of the bay, get up close to the glacier’s edge on a boat tour or go whale watching to catch the magical moment 40ft whales break through the surface?
Squeezed onto a narrow strip of coast on Revillagigedo Island lies the boardwalk city of Ketchikan, known for its commercial salmon fishing and indigenous Haida and Tlingit heritage. You could get in touch with nature with a hike through the atmospheric Tongass National Forest, study the emblematic totem poles of Potlatch Totem Park or ferry between the traditional souvenir shops on the boardwalks.
Welcome back to Victoria for the final stop of your Alaska Inside Passage Cruise where you could catch up on what you may have missed on your first visit. Perhaps wander the Royal British Columbia Museum, discovering Canada’s culture-rich history, marvel at the luxuriously ornate facade of the Fairmont Empress Hotel or browse the quaint shops in the narrow Fan Tan Alley.
Your North American adventure comes to an end today as you disembark your Ruby Princess cruise in Seattle where you will make your own way to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Departures from Adelaide, Perth, Hobart and Canberra will incur a surcharge of $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, United, Air Canada, Cathay Pacific, New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Delta, American Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Kilometer packages available
- Convenience kits are an additional CA 95 plus tax per person
- CDR Insurance available for an additional CA 25 plus tax per day
- Transfers to and from downtown or airport hotels before 1pm
- Additional drivers
- CA 5 Million public liability insurance with collision
- CA 7500 Excess
- Complimentary travel kit with maps, brochures and postcards
- No charge for travel into the USA
- First 1000km (Additional kms are charged CA 0.42 plus tax)
- Motorhome Itinerary is suggested itinerary only. Passengers are free to design their own itinerary.
- The overnight cost at Motorhome site stays is not included and needs to be booked and paid for by the customer directly to the Motorhome site.
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 10
- Travelling solo? Contact Kogan Travel for more information
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport transfers
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Pick up and drop off vehicles in other depot locations (Calgary, Toronto, Whitehorse, Edmonton or Halifax)
- RV Overnight parks
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages