CANADA & ALASKA: 17 Day Rocky Mountaineer Tour & Alaska Cruise Including Flights for Two (Inside Cabin)
Discover the last frontier.
Your expedition awaits – journey through the vast, icy wilderness, spy native wildlife and trek through scenic forests on this unforgettable expedition across land and sea from Calgary, to Vancouver and Victoria.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Experience the Breathtaking Canadian Rockies Up Close Aboard the Award-Winning Rocky Mountaineer Train
- Explore Alaska’s Timeless and Spectacular Inside Passage Aboard the Star Princess, Including all Onboard Meals & Entertainment
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- 2 Days of Silverleaf Service Aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Rail Including All Onboard Meals and Drinks
- Breathtaking Tours and Sightseeing Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- 7 Night Luxury Alaska Glacier Cruise Aboard the Award-Winning Star Princess – Choose from an Inside, Ocean View or Balcony Cabin
- All Onboard Meals & Entertainment
- Sightseeing and Tours as with Experienced Guides
- All On-Ground Transport as per the Itinerary
- All Airport and Cruise Taxes, and Porterage Charges
- Vancouver – Rosedale on Robson Hotel or similar
- Calgary – International Hotel or similar
- Banff – Banff Inns or similar
- Lake Louise – Lake Louise Inn or similar
- Jasper – Lobstick Lodge or similar
- Kamloops – Thompsons Hotel or similar
The Star Princess is the jewel in the crown of the Princess Cruises fleet. From the moment you step aboard, you’ll be enamoured by all the luxury that this ship has to offer.
Relax and enjoy the street performers in the Italian-inspired Piazza or lose yourself in a lounger at Movies Under the Stars. The 24-hour International Cafe and award-winning Vines Wine Bar fulfill your cravings for fresh desserts, toasted paninis, and more.
The Rocky Mountaineer is a multi-award-winning train tour operator providing unforgettable tours of Canada and the surrounds, described by Lonely Planet as ’one of the world’s ultimate experiences’. Silverleaf Service includes:
- A refreshing welcome aboard toast
- A single-level dome coach with panoramic views through oversized windows
- Regionally inspired meals created by their team of award-winning chefs
- Gourmet meals plated to your preference and serviced at your seat
- Complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and gourmet snacks served throughout your journey
- Interactive and captivating local storytelling and historical trivia told by Rocky Mountaineer Hosts
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 18, 25 May
- 1, 8 June
- 20, 27 July
- 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 August
- 7 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Harken to the call of the wild as you discover Canada’s glinting glaciers and rainforests, play eye-spy with local wildlife and embark on a spellbinding Alaska cruise – epic barely does this trip justice.
- Play in Banff’s natural playground, as you look out over Bow Valley and Falls, Lake Minnewanka and visit the abandoned mining town of Bankhead.
- Experience the jaw-dropping views and breathtaking scenery on the Athabasca Glacier Icewalk and stroll the glass-floored observation platform at 918 feet!
- Revel in VIP opulence and luxury aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Luxury Train – described by Lonely Planet as ‘one of the world’s ultimate experiences’.
- Enjoy some free time to discover Vancouver, a city with a thriving art scene, charming villages each with their own distinctive feel, fabulous food and its fair share of outdoor wonders.
- Journey through the spectacular Alaskan Inside Passage and be rewarded with unparalleled views and entertainment aboard the Princess Cruise Liner, the Star Princess, over 7 incredible nights.
- See the spectacular Twin Sawyer Glaciers nestled in the Tracy Arm Fjord and surrounded by 7000ft high mountains and stunning waterfalls.
Your adventure begins today as you board your international flight to Calgary!
Upon arrival, make your own way to your hotel in Canada’s Stampede City. Upon arrival, use the remainder of the day as you please to explore this energetic cosmopolitan of burgeoning art, splendid parks and inspiring boots-and-Stetson aesthetic that this city has become known for.
Renowned as ‘Canada in a Stetson’, experience the rodeo-aesthetic and way of life of this cosmopolitan city with a free day. You could visit the award-winning Market, enjoy a true salt-of-the-earth meals in the 1886 Buffalo Diner or get your cowboy-kick and visit Stampede City, home to the annual Calgary Stampede Event; billed as the greatest outdoor show on earth.
Banff, the undisputed heart at the centre of the Canadian Rockies, is your gateway to an unending procession of majestic forests, mountains and canyons today. A charming resort town in the province of Alberta, you’ll have ample opportunity to take in the peaks of Mt. Rundle and Mt. Cascade with your overnight stay.
Visit some of the most pristine playgrounds available in nature today, as you drive up to the scenic Bow Valley viewpoint, Surprise Corner, glittering Bow Falls and Lake Minnewanka in Banff National Park. Moving on, explore the abandoned mining town of Bankhead, before driving to Lake Louise via Bow Valley for the night.
This incredible stretch of highway is famous for sightings of bears, elk, moose and mountain sheep, so keep your camera handy!
The Icefields Parkway marks your entrance to the spectacular glacier-formed valleys and rushing waterfalls of the Columbia Icefield today. Take an exhilarating Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier, then a stop at the award-winning Glacier Skywalk, a glass-floored observation platform 918 ft over spectacular glacier-formed valleys and rushing waterfalls.
Photo opportunities abound with stops to the spectacular Bow & Peyto Lakes, Crowfoot Glacier and the turquoise Athabasca Falls, including a delightful picnic lunch.
- Please note that mountain lakes in this region will be frozen from May through to mid-June
All aboard Rocky Mountaineer for a scenic rail journey to Kamloops in the interior of British Columbia. Leaving Jasper, you’ll traverse the ‘Yellowhead’ route past the sprawling grandeur of Mount Robson and follow the mighty Thompson River the rest of the way there. Spend the night in Kamloops.
Your journey continues towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver in SilverLeaf luxury today. Relax as you watch the scenery transition from desert to winding river canyons and pristine forest, to the coast and a cascade of mountains and waters at Hell’s Gate in Fraser Valley. Disembark in Vancouver where you’ll spend two glorious nights.
Set between the mountains and the sea, Vancouver blends cultures and landscapes, allowing visitors to enjoy a modern, cosmopolitan city alongside the great outdoors. Less than 30 minutes by car from the snow-dusted mountains on the outskirts of town, why not venture out on a hike or drink a great cup of coffee on Commercial Drive.
Your land expedition concludes today! Make your own way to the Seattle cruise port to check-in for your grand tour of the Alaskan Inside Passage aboard the award-winning Princess Cruise Liner, the Star Princess. The ship departs at 4pm.
Your adventure doesn’t end when you board the Star Princess! Discover all of the small and great luxuries that the ship has to offer, from the onboard movie theatre to the Vegas-style casino and blissful pampering sessions available at the Lotus Spa.
Arriving around 6.30am this morning, enjoy a hearty-breakfast onboard before wandering through the charming town of Ketchikan. Built into steep hills, shrouded in pines and a near-constant serenade from the gushing Ketchikan Creek, you’ll be captivated by this beautiful town’s historic main thoroughfare, dotted with delightful souvenir shops, boardwalks and totem poles.
Sculpted by millennia of ice movements, the Tracy Arm Fjord offers mesmerising views of the dynamic Twin Sawyer Glaciers, tidal glaciers and a variety of native wildlife lurking at the shore’s edge. Take postcard-worthy snaps along this iconic stretch before making port in Juneau around 12:30pm.
Accessible only by air and sea, you’ll be enraptured by the quiet and untainted beauty of the pristine Alaskan capital. Just a quick amble from city centre lies the path into Juneau’s mining history on the Perseverance Trail and Last Chance Mining Museum, where you’ll be able to enjoy more mining ruins and the crisp outdoor air.
Retrace the steps of Klondike Gold Rush miners as you make port in the historic Skagway today. You could take an easy, scenic hike to Yakutania Point and Smuggler’s Cove, savour a spruce tip ale at the Skagway Brewing Company or visit the famous Gold Rush Cemetery, just a short walk from the base of the luminous Reid Falls.
Take today to rest and refresh for the next leg of your journey with a dip in the freshwater pools on deck, or sit back and enjoy one of the Broadway-style productions onboard.
Steeped in English heritage with quaint cottage-shops and cafes with a decidedly bohemian vibe, Victoria is home to British Columbia’s best museums and bicycle tracks, as well as Beacon Hill, a park fringed by the stunning coastline. Explore at your leisure before the ship departs at midnight tonight.
After you make port in Seattle, bid farewell to your fellow passengers and the Star Princess as you make your own way to Seattle Airport for your return flight to Australia.
Arrive back home and reminisce!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with United Airlines, Delta Airlines or Virgin Australia, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
Single Supplement Charges:
- Travelling solo? A single supplement applies for those wishing to travel alone:
- Inside Cabin: $1500
- Oceanview Cabin: $1800
- Balcony Cabin: $4000
- Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more details
- Upgrade from Silver to Goldleaf Class on the Rocky Rail for an extra $800 per person
- Enjoy more time in Vancouver pre tour from $160 per person, per night
- Stay in Seattle post cruise from $175 per person, per night
- Upgrade to your hotels in the Canadian Rockies to 5 Star, including Fairmont properties for an extra $1299 per person
- Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport/Rail transfers
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tips/gratuities – USD $12 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages