CAMBODIA & VIETNAM: 10 Day Mekong River Cruise Including Flights For One (Twin Share)
Glide along the serene waters of the Mekong.
$2,885Valued at $3,879
Tranquil island life, elegant cruise ships, serene Mekong views and bustling metropolises whizzing with aromatic markets and breathtaking architecture await you on this incredible 10 day Mekong Delta cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights Luxury Mekong River Cruise Plus 1 Night Accommodation Pre and Post Cruise
- Explore Quaint Floating Fishing Villages, Gain Insight into Life Under the Khmer Regime in Phnom Penh and Sample Exotic Local Produce in Vietnamese Riverside Towns
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights Mekong River Cruise Aboard the Luxury Toum Tiou II Riverboat
- 1 Night Pre and Post Cruise Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast, 4 Lunches and 5 Delicious Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- All Admissions and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Arrival Airport Transfer
- Experienced Tour Representatives
- Siem Reap – Royal Angkor Resort, or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City – Continental Saigon Hotel or similar
- Mekong Cruise – Toum Tiou II Riverboat, or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 5, 19 October
- 2 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Whether it’s cruising along the tranquil waters of the Mekong, visiting sobering war memorials in Cambodia or living island life in Vietnam, every day is a new adventure on this incredible 10 day Mekong cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Wake up bright and early to witness the breathtaking silhouette of Angkor Wat illuminated by the rising sun.
- Gain insight into Cambodian island life along the Tonle Sap River with a visit to the floating villages of Koh Chen and Kampong Chhnang.
- Experience the sea of saffron monk robes, stunning architecture and aromatic markets of Phnom Penh, learning about Cambodia’s sobering past under the Khmer regime with a visit to Tuol Sleng Museum and the Killing Fields.
- Leave the tourist traps behind and get a taste of Vietnamese river life in My Tho and Sadek, abundant with breathtaking pagodas, bustling markets and tree-lined vistas.
- Live a day in the life of a Vietnamese soldier fighting in the Cu Chi tunnels during the Vietnam War, and get lost in the aromatic streets of Ho Chi Minh City.
Touchdown in Siem Reap! Upon arrival at the airport, you’ll be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours to explore or unwind as you wish!
Flights may depart before Day 1, depending on departure city
Rise early this morning to see the magnificent sunrise illuminate the archaeological marvel of the Angkor Wat temples. Return to the hotel for breakfast before gaining insight into the rich history, architecture and design of this archeological playground.
Transfer to Koh Chen after lunch to board your Mekong River Cruise, and enjoy a welcome dinner and drink with your fellow travellers and crew this evening.
Enjoy the morning in Koh Chen island, visiting silver and copper workshops and learning about the atrocities of Khmer Rouge from a survivor. Continue onto Kampong Chhnang, the biggest floating village along the Tonle Sap River. Gain insight into local life and learn about fish farming, pottery and sugar palm production. Wander through the local market before perhaps exploring the island via bike.
Embark on an early morning cruise to Kampong Tralach and visit the local vihara (Buddhist monastery) and Wat Kampong Tralach Leu Pagoda. You could explore the island by bicycle, tuk tuk or buffalo cart, winding your way through local village hustle and rice paddies.
Continue onto Phnom Penh, seeing the sights of the city on the back of a cyclos (three-wheeled bike). Perhaps finish up your day with a drink at the Foreign Correspondents Club overlooking the river.
Spend the day exploring the key landmarks of the city on a guided tour, starting at the sobering S21 Museum and the Killing Fields, gaining further insight into the atrocities of Khmer Rouge with survivor stories and photos. Enjoy some free time to explore the aromatic Russian Market before returning to the boat for a traditional Apsara dance show.
- National Museum Visit (AUD $15 per person).
- Silver Pagoda Visit (AUD $15 per person).
Cross the border into Vietnam and cruise to Chau Doc, stopping off at the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary to soak up stunning views of the river from the top of Sam Mountain.
Start your morning at the Kien An Cung Pagoda, and take time to stroll through the Sadek riverside market. As a small city, Sadek provides a great picture into life along the Mekong, with unspoiled tree-lined streets, and preserved colonial architecture less known by tourist masses.
Continue onto Vinh Long to learn about the practice of rice popping and wander along the small village paths. Jump on a local boat to Cai Be where you’ll meet the cruise ship for the night.
Visit Vinh Trang Pagoda this morning, known for its enormous Buddha statues and peaceful atmosphere, catching a glimpse of My Tho town along the way. Cruise to Thoi Son Island by boat, sampling local coconut, fruit and honey, and meeting local musicians. Enjoy an island lunch on your own followed by a farewell cocktail onboard and goodbye Captain’s dinner.
Continue onto your final destination of Ho Chi Minh City. Gain insight into the life of a tunnel-dwelling Vietnam War resistance fighter at the Cu Chi Tunnels this morning, where you’ll get the chance to weave through underground tunnels, bomb traps and tank remnants.
Soak up some last minute sights and tastes before making your own way to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights are economy class with Vietnam Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge can be arranged for an additional cost upon request, please call us on 1300 517 210 to get a quote
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability – additional surcharges may apply
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 1, maximum 28
- Travelling solo? No single supplement applies, however, solo travellers will twin share with another solo traveller of the same sex
- Travel insurance – compulsory
- Visa/Entry Requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages