BORNEO: 9 Day Borneo Wildlife Tour Including Flights for Two
Orangutans, bears and tropical adventures.
$3,998Valued at $5,998
Adventure through the tropics of Borneo on this incredible 9 day tour, meeting precious orangutans and sun bears while unwinding on tangerine sunset beaches and weaving your way through bustling local markets.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Stunning Accommodation with Daily Breakfast for Two
- Spend 2 Heavenly Free Days on the Beaches of Kota Kinabalu, Treat Your Muscles to a Sulphurous Hot Springs Treatment and Visit Orangutans in a Conservation Centre!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- Exciting Tours and Admission as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
- Return Airport Transfers
- Sandakan – Four Points Sheraton Sandakan or similar
- Kota Kinabalu – Promenade Hotel or similar
Upgrades to the 5 Star Shangri La Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa Kota Kinabalu can be arranged for an additional cost. See the Fine Print for details
- Available for daily departure between the following dates:
- 2019: 10 October – 10 November
- 2020: 1 February – 25 March; 25 April – 7 June
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Meet orangutans and sun bears on a tropical island adventure through Borneo, discovering a magnificent blend of lush forests, stunning mountainscapes, buzzing local markets and crystal blue seaside locales.
- Meet Orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Centre, learning about the importance of animal conservation while witnessing feeding time in the rainforest.
- Visit the Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre to catch a glimpse into the life of the rare sun bear, learning about the plight of the world’s smallest bear who lie on the brink of extinction.
- Weave your way through the bustling markets and colonial mansions of Sandakan, a vestige of Arab, Indian and European influences drawn from its important trade past.
- Take a restorative dip in the hot sulphur baths of the Poring Hot Springs in Kinabalu National Park, and let the hot sulphuric minerals de-stress the muscles and the mind.
- Spend two days relaxing and exploring at your leisure in Kota Kinabalu, with quiet beaches, teal-coloured shorelines and insatiable marine life that scream ultimate tropical relaxation.
Pack your bags for a tropical wildlife adventure as you board your international flight to Sandakan.
Touchdown in Sandakan! Upon arrival at the airport, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Begin your wildlife adventure at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre this morning. Walk through the rainforest to witness feeding time before continuing to the newly completed enclosure nursery where you can watch young orangutans play.
Head for the Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre to see the world’s smallest bear, the Borneo Sun Bear. Gain insight into the habitats, lifestyle and plight of this endangered species with your tour guide along the way.
Tour the key landmarks of Sandakan today, starting at one of the major local markets where you’ll get a feel for local cuisine and produce before continuing onto Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, perched on the hilltop and offering spectacular views.
Head for St. Michael’s, All Angels Church and Agnes Keith House before visiting the stilted floating village of Sim Sim and the moving Sandakan War Memorial.
Transfer to Kota Kinabalu today where the rest of the day is yours to explore.
Start your morning early with a drive to the foothills of Mt. Kinabalu, stopping off at the roadside stalls of Nabalu market to shop for seasonal fruits and local crafts. Continue onto the Poring Hot Springs where you’ll get the choice to either take a nature canopy walk or take a dip in the hot sulphur spring baths.
Travel to the education centre and Mountain Garden to take a short stroll along one of the many nature trails, learning about the spectacular flora and fauna en route.
Surrounded by lush rainforest and undisturbed beaches with crystal blue waters filled with insatiable marine life, sit back, relax, unwind and explore Kota Kinabalu over two splendid free days. Home to many bustling markets, street food stalls and high-end restaurants, there’s no shortage of food exploration to do!
Say goodbye to your tropical haven as you board your international flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Malaysia Airlines, subject to availability
- Upgrades to Singapore Airlines can be arranged for a fee of $350 per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 16
- Upgrades to the 5 Star Shangri La Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa Kota Kinabalu can be arranged for an extra $175 per person, per night
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- Tipping/Gratuities, recommended at $10 per person, per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages