AROUND THE WORLD: 27 Day Package of the World Including Flights for Two
Cruise the River Nile, Danube & Yangtze river.
$19,998Valued at $23,380
Cross continents as you cruise the glittering waters of the mighty Yangtze River, discover the grandeur of Eastern Europe gliding along the Danube and unearth ancient wonders with shore stops along the River Nile on this magical 27 day around the world tour.
- All International and Internal Flights with Emirates, Qantas, Thai Airways or Cathay Pacific, Subject to Availability
- 22 Nights of Stunning Accommodation, Including 18 Nights Aboard River Cruises on the Danube, Yangtze River & River Nile
- Be Mesmerised by China and Egypt’s Ancient Masterpieces, Including the Pyramids of Giza and Magnificent Xiling Gorge
- Drink in the Panorama of Budapest on a Dazzling Danube River Cruise, Weaving Through Bratislava, Vienna, Linz and Passau!
- Return International and All Internal Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Shanghai with Daily Breakfast
- 4 Night Yangtze River Cruise in a Standard Cabin
- 3 Yangtze River Shore Excursions
- 7 Night Danube River Cruise in a River View Cabin
- 7 Night Luxury Nile Cruise in a River View Cabin
- All Onboard Meals, Entertainment, Taxes and Port Charges
- 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Cairo with Daily Breakfast
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides
- All Airport Transfers
- All Fees & Taxes
- Shanghai – Wyndham Hotel Bund or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Yangtze Gold or similar
- Danube River Cruise – First Class Monarch Princess or similar
- Cairo – Barcelo Pyramids Hotel or similar
- River Nile Cruise – Princess Sarah or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 4*, 18* May
- 1*, 15*, 29* June
- 3*, 17*, 31* August
- 12, 19, 26, Oct
- 2, 9, 16 Nov
- 14, 21, 28 March
- 7 April
- *A High Season surcharge of $1000 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Tick off your ultimate traveller’s bucket list over the next 27 days as you discover hidden gems along the majestic Yangtze River, Danube and River Nile.
- Eat, shop and enjoy expert tours in the wonderful city of Shanghai, where the diverse culture of China is exemplified by both its exotic history and dazzling skyline.
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring panoramas of the Three Gorges, lined with local riverside towns and sacred temples, cruising through the magnificent Xiling Gorge and Shennong Stream on your Yangtze River cruise.
- Kick off your Eastern Europe introduction in Budapest before cruising to Bratislava, down to Vienna to see the Ringstrasse and Hofburg Palace, and ending in 2500-year-old Passau.
- Be enamoured by a millennia of grandeur and some of the last remaining wonders of the ancient world at the UNESCO listed Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx in Cairo with a real Egyptologist.
- Witness the legacy of the great pharaohs at the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, with visits to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the great Colossi of Memnon on your mesmerising River Nile Cruise.
- Discover some of the lesser-known archeological treasures in Egypt with tours of Aswan, Kom Ombo and Edfu.
China’s calling your name, so make sure your bags are packed and ready for your international flight to Shanghai!
Depending on airline availability, some travelers may depart Australia a day earlier or arrive late on day one.
Ni Hao and welcome to Shanghai!
On arrival you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Walk along the infamous Bund this morning. The city’s Wall Street of the East, this mile-long stretch along the Huangpu River has gradually been transformed from a grandiose sweep of Art Deco banks and trading houses into retail boutiques and vibrant restaurants.
Continue to the City God Temple Bazaar, then stroll through the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road. In the evening, be enchanted by extraordinary futuristic skyscrapers with an optional Huangpu River night cruise.
- Huangpu River night cruise (AUD $90 per person).
Fly to the port city of Yichang this morning to embark on your magnificent Yangtze Gold cruise. After check-in, prepare for splendid sights and unique scenery as you embark on a spellbinding four night cruise down the Yangtze River.
Cruise through the Xiling Gorge today, the largest of the Three Gorges, comprised of four smaller gorges; Precious Sword, Horse Lung and Ox Liver, Soundless Bell and Shadow Play.
Enjoy shore excursions to the Three Gorges Dam site, one of the largest construction projects ever undertaken by mankind and see the ship elevator, one of the biggest and most sophisticated ship lifts in the world. In the evening, enjoy a captain’s welcome dinner onboard.
- Tribe of the Three Gorges – explore the river’s ancient past by visiting a history-soaked village on the water, home to the brookside and mountain-top tribes (AUD $99 per person).
Glide through Shennong Stream today, a charming gorge surrounded by lush forestry. This stream is rich in history, inhabited since the Han Dynasty and named after the Shen Nong – the mythical Divine Farmer, an ancient figure who is said to have taught Eastern secrets of agriculture, herbal medicine, the solar calendar and tea brewing.
- White Emperor City – visit this ancient temple located atop Baidi Mountain, offering out-of-this world Three Gorges vistas (AUD $85 per person).
Sit back, relax and recharge onboard, enjoying your last day on the Yangtze. Make a stop at the Shibaozhai Pagoda before enjoying a farewell dinner on the Yangtze Gold.
- Fengdu Ghost city – tour to the spooky Fengdu Ghost city, a large complex of shrines and temples on Ming Mountain dedicated to the afterlife (AUD $89 per person).
Disembark this morning and transfer to Chongqing for your flight to Budapest via Shanghai. On arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel.
Depending on when you arrive, you may have time to savour Hungarian delicacies, sample world-renowned wines, or soak your weary rambler’s bones in one of the city’s bathhouses – a Budapest specialty since the Roman ages.
With traces of the past evident around every cobblestone road, you could spend your morning looking for remnants of WWII and the uprising of 1956. Then, board your first class Danube River cruise and enjoy a gala welcome dinner onboard.
Discover the wonders of the “Queen of the Danube” as you savour the beauty of Buda and Pest either side of the river today.
Starting in Pest, enjoy views of Parliament, City Park and Heroes Square. Crossing to Buda, bask in the medieval architecture and grandeur of the Royal Palace and Matthias Church. Savour this afternoon to get any last minute souvenirs or goulash, before continuing to Bratislava.
Sail through Bratislava’s mosaic of medieval, gothic, baroque and renaissance-architecture today. .
Hit the cobblestone this afternoon as you walk through Bratislava’s illustrious history in the old town, admire the splendour of St. Martin’s Cathedral, the coronation site of the King of Hungary, the 13th century Old Town Hall and Franciscan Church. Then, this afternoon is yours to explore at your leisure!
Imperial legacy and baroque streetscapes set the stage for your exploration of Vienna today, with a drive along the famed Ringstrasse and Hofburg Palace, to the impressive Vienna Opera House and majestic St. Stephen’s Cathedral and Parliament Building.
In the afternoon, you could relax in a cafe with a slice of famous Viennese Sacher Torte or explore the summer residence of the Hapsburgs on an optional tour of the Schonbrunn Palace.
- Schonbrunn Palace tour (AUD $100 per person).
- Classical music performance – watch the classical masterpieces of Mozart and Strauss come to life with a live performance in their city of birth (AUD $95 per person).
Your cruise takes a photogenic curve this morning as you sail through ‘wine country’ to Durnstein, one of the prettiest towns on the Danube River. Enjoy some free time to stroll past 16th century town houses and wine taverns, before returning to the ship.
On arrival in Melk, join a guided tour of the historic Benedictine Abbey, considered one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Europe, view the Abbot’s chambers, Kaiser’s walk and lavish library.
The Austrian saying goes ‘it begins and Linz’ and today it does, with a full free day to explore! Sitting astride the Danube, Linz harbours a charming Altstadt filled with historic baroque architecture, a burgeoning cultural scene, a cyber centre and the home of cutting-edge galleries.
- Salzburg tour with lunch – see some of Salzburg’s most historic sites, including the Mirabell Palace, the Abbey, Salzburg Cathedral and St. Peter’s Cemetery (AUD $125 per person).
Renowned for its pastel patrician houses, gorgeous cafes and riverfront promenade, Passau is a 2500-year old city you’ll love discovering on your own today. In the evening, partake in a lavish Captain’s farewell dinner.
Disembark your gorgeous Danube cruise this morning and transfer to the airport in Munich for your flight to the land of the Pharaohs, Egypt.
On arrival in this ancient city, you’ll be transferred to your hotel to rest up, or you could set out on your very own introductory tour, depending on when you arrive.
Traverse to the outskirts of Cairo today to visit the iconic Sphinx and Pyramids of Giza with your Egyptolostic guide. Afterwards, explore the Egypt Museum and its treasure trove of mummies and jewellery, including artifacts from Tutankhamun’s enormous tomb!
Transfer to Luxor today to embark on your 5 Star Nile cruise. Then, weave through the breathtaking ancient temple complex of Luxor and Kanark, iconic for it’s Hypostyle Hall and 134 columns, the Statue of Ramses II, the Obelisk of Queen Hatshepsut and the Sacred Lake.
A tourist mecca built on Ancient Egypt’s Kingdom capital of Thebes, you’ll unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old riches in the West Bank today. On your expedition, you’ll discover the Tomb of Tutankhamun (optional) and other royal tombs, including Ramses VI in the Valley of the Kings.
Afterwards, visit the Colossi of Memnon, the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III, and the Hatshepsut funerary temple at Deir El Bahari. In the afternoon you’ll sail through the locks of Esna to Edfu while enjoying dinner onboard.
- Tomb of Tutankhamun (AUD $85 per person).
Sail down the fertile banks of the River Nile, stopping off to see the architectural marvels of Kom-Ombo and Edfu temple. Spend the rest of your afternoon relaxing aboard the ship, watching the waters of the Nile float by on your way to Aswan.
Visit the breathtaking High Dam of Aswan and the Temple of Philae, an island haven dedicated to the Goddess Isis. Then, sit back and relax as you glide around Elephantine Island and the botanical gardens on Kitchener Island and the Agha Khan Mausoleum in a traditional Egyptian felucca.
Spend your last full day in this historic city exploring the labyrinthine streets on your own, perhaps discovering stalls selling aromatic spices, pottery and carvings of Egyptian pharaohs.
Return to the fertile banks of the River Nile once more, making your own way back to Cario and stopping via Esna on Day 25.
After breakfast bid farewell to your fellow travel buddies as you disembark in Luxor and transfer to the airport for your flight home via Cairo.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth
- Flights from Canberra or Hobart are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Emirates, Qantas, Thai Airways or Cathay Pacific, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $5000 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- All optional activities should be prepaid prior to the tour
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – a tourist visa is required for Australian passport holders
- Optional activities
- Tipping – recommended at $10 per person, per day in China and Egypt (excluding Danube cruise)
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages