AFRICA: 24 Day Southern Africa Tour Including Flights for Two
Drive right into the epic wilderness.
$9,598Valued at $14,998
Discover the magnificent African terrain as you embark on adventures through vast deserts, encounter majestic wildlife and experience the wonder of the Okavango Delta, Victoria Falls, Kalahari Desert and beyond.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 23 Nights of Camping and Lodge-Style Accommodation for Two
- Safari Through Namib Desert on a Wildlife Night Drive, Sleep Under the Star-Studded Skies in Brandberg and Canoe Across the Orange River
- Return International Flights for Two
- 23 Nights of Camping and Lodge-Style Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 18 Lunches & 18 Dinners
- Guided Game Walks and Drives by Experienced Guides
- Touring and Sightseeing as per Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Leader Throughout Your Journey
- Permits and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Return Airport Transfers
- Cape Town – Greenfire Cape Town Lodge or similar
- Hondeklipbaai – Honnehokke Camp or similar
- Orange River – Orange River Wild Camping or similar
- Namibia – Greenfire Desert Farm or similar
- Sossusvlei – Agama River Camp or similar
- Swakopmund – Greenfire Swakopmund Lodge or similar
- Spitzkoppe – Spitzkoppe Camp or similar
- Etosha – Namutoni Camp or similar
- Caprivi – Ngepi Camp or similar
- Okavango Delta – Okavango Delta Private Island or similar
- Maun – Drifters Lodge Maun or similar
- Makgadikgadi Pass – 1 Tree Island Camp or similar
- Victoria Falls – Greenfire Lodge Victoria Falls or similar
- Hwange – Ivory Lodge Camp or similar
- Matobo – Big Cave Camp or similar
- Limpopo – Stevenford Camp or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 14 February
- 14 March
- 9 May
- 6 June
- 4 July
- 1 August
- 12 September
- 10 October
- 7 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to South Africa! Prepare for the trip of a lifetime as you hike to the summit of Table Mountain, canoe the Orange River, track Rhinos, sleep under the star-studded skies in Brandberg and play-eye spy with the local wildlife – including the big five – in grand National Parks.
- Motorboat through the champagne-coloured Okavango Delta and spend two remarkable nights on an exclusive wild island, brimming with wildlife and natural splendour.
- Play a game of eye-spy with the local wildlife in Etosha National Park. Home to giraffes, cheetahs, mountain zebra and throngs of elephants, you’ll be struggling for space on your camera!
- Nothing beats the boats for up-close wildlife encounters, and on your extensive cruise of the Chobe River you’ll have the chance to really get close with Hippos and Crocodiles in their natural habitat.
- Be awed by Victoria Falls, the seventh wonder of the natural world.
- Enjoy visions of sand, seas and eery dead-tree valleys with a canoe excursion and picnic lunch at Orange River.
- Discover Africa’s picturesque wilderness and thriving wildlife with an intimate night drive through the Namib Desert.
- Prepare for thrilling open four-wheel drives and game walks through the heartland of Sossusvlei, Deadvlei and more!
It’s time to embark on your African adventure! Leave Australia for Cape Town today.
Your adventure starts in one of the most iconic cities in South Africa today. Transfer to your hotel to unwind after the flight, before meeting with your tour group at 1pm for an afternoon of exploration!
Dependant on the weather, you’ll see breathtaking panoramas over the Atlantic with a hike to the summit of Table Mountain, visit Cape Point National Park, Hout Bay, the Cape of Good Hope, and a vineyard for a taste of the local wine.
Drive past spectacular rock cliffs and fertile mountains as you travel from Cape Town along the West Coast and through golden wheat fields in Swartland to Namaqualand.
What at first glance appears to be a wilderness of semi-desert, is a beauty pageant of brightly coloured wildflowers lying dormant waiting for the Spring. Regardless of the time of year you visit, the fauna orchestrates a unique visit for every visitor. Upon arrival, you’ll enjoy a homemade meal to accompany your overnight stay.
Today you will travel north through a host of succulents, towering dunes, dramatic mountains and abundant wildlife along the banks of the Orange River as you cross the border into Namibia. Use the afternoon to relax along the banks of the river appreciating Namibia’s haunting expanse of gravel plains, diverse wildlife and extraordinary culture.
Beguiling panoramic views extend out in either direction of the Orange River and, from above, the river forms an emerald ribbon winding its way through Richtersveld National Park. After breakfast, set sail along the river in a canoe, enthralled by the tantalising views of the water meandering dramatically along the Namibia natural border.
Deep ravines and towering rock faces, outstanding natural beauty and unique flora and fauna trace the banks of the thin, meandering Fish River Canyon and today, you’ll be awe-struck by the immense magnificence of this enormous gorge.
After exploring the lip of the vast canyon, you will enjoy visions of sand seas and dead tree valleys as you stop for a picnic lunch en route to a private desert game reserve.
An endless spread of golden-grasslands and mountainous horizon carpets the glorious Namibrand Nature Reserve and today you will wade through its gorgeous red-dune fields. Perhaps you’ll catch a glimpse of Springboks, Zebras and Jackals in their natural habitat on the guided walking tour, or get up and close with these incredible animals later with the magical night drive.
Rise early as you wade through the sprawling sandplains and bleached-white clay pans of Sossusvlei on foot this morning. The reserve offers some of the biggest sand dunes on earth, and the early morning is an ideal time of day to venture into their depths, before the heat hits.
Later, prepare for a thrilling open four-wheel drive with an experienced guide through the heart of Sossusvlei and Deadvlei. After your extensive dune expedition, continue into the desert where you will spend the night in comfortable accommodation, dozing off to the eerily-silent sand sea.
Travel across increasingly surreal and desolate landscapes as you sweep past the ephemeral Kuiseb Canyon and Naukluft Park on your way to Swakopmund today. Established in 1892 as the main harbour for German South West Africa, the town is rich with history, culture, adventure and now serves as a visitor’s oasis in this vast desert. Upon arrival, spend the afternoon perusing this isolated sanctuary.
Spend the day at leisure to explore Swakopmund on your own, discovering a refuge of picturesque beaches, thriving markets, fascinating trinkets and delightful curio shops.
An exhilarating array of adventure options exist for even the most intense of adrenaline junkies, including quad biking across the vast desert plains, unparalleled views from above as you enjoy skydiving, horse riding, dune boarding, and so much more.
Travel past barren coastline, rusting shipwrecks and rocky shallows along the Atlantic Ocean as you glide through the unearthly Skeleton Coast today.
Upon arrival, you’ll venture to Cape Cross and later, you’ll navigate undulating desert and sand dunes to magnificent mountainscape of the Brandberg – also known as “Fire Mountain” and “Burning Mountain”. Spend the night at the foot of this behemoth landmark and admire the stars overhead – perhaps you’ll spy a rare desert Elephant.
Embark on the wildlife adventure of a lifetime as you traverse the extraordinary Etosha National Park, home to a myriad of large mammals and prolific bird life. Upon arrival, you’ll check into your accommodation within the park and in the afternoon, depart on an extensive Game Drive.
Afterwards, enjoy a sundowner or two at the waterhole, watching the nocturnal drinking habits and pecking order of the local wildlife.
Continue your wilderness expedition as you play a game of eye-spy with the local wildlife. From herds of giraffe, cheetahs, mountain zebra, throngs of elephants and leopards, you’ll be delighted by the zoo-like proportions of the park as you set out on a full-day game ride to your next overnight stop.
Travel through the lush lands of Caprivi today, bypassing forested expanses dotted with nomadic villages and isolated towns, fringed by reed and papyrus on your way to the banks of the glistening Okavango River, where you’ll retire for the evening.
Safari possibilities and wildlife sightings are as endless as the Okavango Delta itself as you cross the border into Botswana today. Your journey into the champagne-coloured delta begins aboard a motorboat, gliding through papyrus-lined canals, palm groves and lily-covered lagoons to an exclusive wild island.
Here, you will spend two remarkable nights in the true wilderness, exploring the local terrain on foot and gliding across the waters in a quintessential mokoro – a canoe hand-chiselled by locals from a tree trunk.
Surrounded by extraordinary delta scenery, unrivalled wildlife, exceptional serenity and local guides to educate you on the delta way of life and animals, you’ll have plenty of time to explore at your leisure.
Stark desert beauty awaits you as you return to the shores and travel through salt plains and sand-scapes to encounter black-maned lions while driving through the Kalahari Desert, on your way to Maun for an overnight stay of lodge relaxation and comfort.
Spend the morning lounging by the swimming pool or taking in the serenity and tranquillity of the Boteti River, before enjoying brunch and an optional village walk. Afterwards, you’ll continue your journey eastward into the spectacular Makgadikgadi Salt Pans.
Prepare to be spellbound by the barren glaring white flats, a vast wilderness of scattered shrubland and stark scenery as you traverse the largest salt plain in the world, before arriving in a riverine woodland at your accommodation in Kasane.
Leave the pans behind today as you make your way to the mighty Chobe River. Renowned for its plethora of wildlife, keep your cameras ready to go, with plenty of opportunities to spy an impressive array of birds and water beasts, from hippos to elephants and crocodiles.
This afternoon, get up close to the river banks with a cruise through Chobe National Park, from the riverfront to the Namibian side. Back on land, you will cross into Zimbabwe and head to the magnificent Victoria Falls for your overnight stay.
Take in the natural wonder and spectacle of Victoria Falls on this day of exploration. You’ll be left jaw-dropped at the boisterous “smoke that thunders” (Mosi-oa-Tunya) and troubled for memory space on your camera with spectacular views of this incredible curtain of water.
During your stay in the locale, you may wish to use your free time this afternoon to visit the nearby tribal village, crocodile farm and big tree.
Welcome to the jungle! This morning, you’ll drive a short distance to the famous Hwange National Park. One of Africa’s best conservation areas, this park offers some of the best game and wildlife viewing opportunities in the country.
There will be ample opportunity for up-close sightings of the big five – lions, elephants, leopards, buffalo and black rhino – from your 4×4 wheel drive open vehicle and walk.
A haven of grand colonial architecture, bountiful parks and tree-lined streets are just some of the sights you’ll be treated to today as you travel south through Bulawayo, Zimbabwe’s second largest city, to Matobo.
In the afternoon, you’ll tour the Matobo National Park, view splendid granite scenery, track rhino through the bush on foot and enjoy spectacular panoramas from World’s View, the burial site of Cecil Rhodes and ancient San Rock Art Caves.
Cross the border into Botswana again today as you venture to the magnificent Limpopo Valley. Upon arrival, you will have the opportunity to take a scenic walk through mountainous landscapes, discover wildlife galore and spy the highest population of rhinos and species of antelope in South Africa.
The final leg of your African adventure leads to the city of gold in Johannesburg. Once here, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with South African Airways, Qantas, Singapore, Emirates, Cathay Pacific and Etihad Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Luggage should be limited to 15kg per person. Hard suitcases are not suitable for this tour
- Age limit between 16 – 69 applies to this tour
- Guests are required to bring their own sleeping bag, towel and pillow
- This tour requires a certain level of participation from all group members. This entails assisting with food preparation, washing dishes and keeping the truck clean
- Tipping is not mandatory but recommended for good service
- The itinerary serves as a guide and is subject to change, dependent on weather, road conditions, game migrations and other factors
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 4, maximum 17
- Travel insurance
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tips/Gratuities -recommended at ZAR 50, approx. AUD $5 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages