AFRICA: 18 Day Kenya & Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Tour Including Flights for Two
See magnificent wildlife in the heart of Africa.
$13,998Valued at $16,880
Adventure through the road less traveled in luxury and comfort, and uncover the depths of Africa’s beauty on this incredible tour through Kenya and Uganda, traversing across breathtaking national parks filled with jaw-dropping wildlife and stunning scenery.
- Return International Flights for Two with Emirates, Qatar or Etihad (subject to availability)
- 16 Nights of Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast, 13 Lunches and 11 Dinners
- See Awe-Inspiring Wildlife and Endangered Species in Kenya and Uganda’s Most Beautiful National Parks, and Hang out in Buzzing Nairobi and Kampala!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 16 Nights of Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges and Campsites with Permanent Tents
- 13 Breakfasts and Lunches, with 11 Delicious Dinners
- All Internal Transport via a 25 Seat Expedition Vehicle
- Dedicated Truck Crew Members Including a Driver/Guide and Assistant/Cook
- Local Guides for Sightseeing Tours and Activities as per the Itinerary
- Unforgettable Guided Gorilla Trek with All Necessary Permits
- Nairobi – Sentrim Boulevard Hotel or similar
- Eldoret – Naiberi River Campsite & Resort or similar
- Lake Nakuru – Lake Nakuru Lodge or similar
- Jinja – Eden Rock Resort or similar
- Masindi – Kabalega Resort Hotel or similar
- Kampala – Sky Hotel or similar
- Lake Bunyonyi – Bunyonyi Overland Resort or similar
- Eldoret – Naiberi River Campsite or similar
Camping amongst serene African nature and waking up to the sounds of wildlife is a brilliant way to immerse yourself into the spirit of the African wilderness. Staying at campsites not only enhances your wildlife experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy. Campsites come equipped with shared bathrooms and even feature resort-like luxuries such as swimming pools, cave bars and restaurants!
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 4, 11 May
- 1 June
- 27 July
- 3, 10, 24 August
- 5, 19 October
- 2, 16 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Immerse yourself in nature and see endangered gorilla, majestic wildlife and stunning scenery on this once in a lifetime tour around the picturesque national parks of Kenya and Uganda.
- Come up close and personal with one of the world’s most endangered species of gorillas on a mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi National Park, crossing Lake Bunyonyi to learn about the traditions and cultures of the indigenous Pygmy people.
- Venture through Maasai Mara National Reserve, nestled in the southwest corner of Kenya and well renowned for its excellent game spotting. Watch out for elephants, black rhinos, cheetahs and zebras!
- Go on a chimp expedition with a chimp expert in Budongo Central Forest Reserve, the largest chimpanzee habitat in Uganda with over 600 chimps traversing across this stunning mahogany forest.
- Get your adventure fix in Jinja, Uganda’s second largest city and the historic source of the Nile River, perhaps indulging in adrenaline pumping fun with white water rafting, kayaking, quad biking or mountain biking.
- Hear the thunderous roar of Karabaga Falls in the breathtaking Murchison Falls National Park, standing at 43m high with residual water sprays forming a hypnotic rainbow over the waterfall.
Pack your bags for an adventure of a lifetime as you board your international flight to Nairobi!
Hujambo Nairobi! Transfer to your hotel for check-in where you can spend the rest of your day unwinding before you begin your African adventure.
Leave the capital this morning and head for Masai Mara, renowned for its endless plains of wild animals and spectacular scenery. Immerse yourself in a cultural experience with a visit to Kenya’s native Masai people, gaining insight into tribal life amongst African wildlife. Tonight you’ll be camping out, so make sure to bring an overnight bag with your own towel, toiletries and camping essentials!
Spend the day driving through Masai Mara spotting game and wildlife today. The rollings grasslands of the Masai Mara offer great game viewing and photo vantage points. Look out for elephants, black rhinos, buffalo, cheetahs, wildebeests, zebras, crocodiles, hippos and more!
Rise early this morning and enjoy your final game drive through the Maasai Mara before heading to Lake Nakuru National Park for an afternoon game drive through the park. Home to large flocks of Flamingos and pelicans as well as black and white rhino, leopards and lion, get your cameras ready to get up close with the action!
Cross over this morning to Uganda, arriving in the second largest city of the country, Jinja. Jinja is famous for being the starting point of the Nile River, flowing out of Lake Victoria through to Egypt and the Mediterranean on its 6,695km journey.
Meet your guide this morning in Kampala as you set off to Murchison Falls National Park, one of the most beautiful National Parks in Uganda. Also known as Karabaga Falls, the Murchison Falls sits on the course of the Nile River located in the heart of the National Park. After settling into your accommodation, your guide will brief you on the activities for the following day.
The biggest mahogany forest in East Africa, Budongo Forest is home to the largest number of chimpanzees in Uganda with over 600 chimps living in the forest. Meet up with a chimp guide this morning to take you on a trek through the forest. After your chimp expedition, enjoy a game drive through the park in search of further wildlife.
Leave the wilderness behind this morning as you head back to the city, arriving in the capital of Kampala. Spend the day exploring at your leisure, perhaps visiting Mengo Palace or walking through trendy neighbourhoods like Nakasero Hill and the 32° East Ugandan Arts Trust. Enjoy a guided Rhino Walk at Ziwa Rhino & Wildlife Ranch in the evening.
Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi this morning, a stunning lake surrounded by steep sides and home to diverse birdlife and only a short distance away from Bwindi National Park – home to the endangered mountain gorilla.
Drive from Lake Bunyonyi to the nearby Bwindi National Park – home to the extremely endangered mountain gorilla. Visiting the gorillas is a great way to support their future on earth, as the money spent on permits goes towards sheltering them from extinction via wildlife education and protection from poachers. Obtaining permits to see the gorillas is extremely difficult, and while your guide will be able to organise this for you, in rare circumstances you may need to travel to the nearby borders of Rwanda or the Democratic Republic of Congo to see the gorillas instead. The tour group will be informed of any changes to the itinerary well in advance.
As well as a day’s gorilla trekking, there will be time while in Lake Bunyonyi to explore the area via mountain bike if you wish. While here, you’ll also visit the Nyombi Village today, a remote Pygmy Village that can be reached via motorboat. Here you can gain an insight into the traditions, culture and livelihood of how the Pygmies live.
Leave Lake Bunyonyi behind this morning as you make your way back to Kampala.
Depart Kampala early this morning and arrive back at Jinja just before lunch. Take some time to relax this afternoon, perhaps enjoying various activities available including swimming, quad biking, kayaking and rafting.
Cross back into Kenya this morning as you make your way to Eldoret, surrounded by the stunning Great Rift Valley that sits 2100m above sea level.
Return back to Nairobi this morning, the biggest city in East Africa buzzing with cosmopolitan life. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring Nairobi at your leisure.
Say goodbye to your travel buddies this morning as your board your international flight back home to Australia.
Arrive in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Group size: minimum 2, maximum 17
- Age range: 25 to 70 years
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights from Canberra and Hobart will incur an extra charge of $275 per person
- Flights are economy class with Emirates, Qatar or Etihad, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Subject to availability
- Bookings are non-refundable after confirmation
- Not valid with any other offer
- A flight amendment surcharge of AUD $150 per person applies for early arrives and late departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Visa/entry requirements
- Airport transfers (can be added upon request for AUD $160 per person return)
- Tipping (recommended at AUD $15 per day)
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages