SOUTH AFRICA & EGYPT: 17 Day South Africa Tour & Egypt Nile Cruise Package Including Flights for Two
Old African kingdoms, wildlife and ancient Egyptian secrets.
$9,998Valued at $11,998
Discover the magnificent African terrain as you embark on adventures through breathtaking natural marvels and spy majestic wildlife in all their glory before snapping postcard-worthy shots of the Pyramids of Giza and cruising along the Nile in 5 Star Luxury on this incredible 17 day tour.
- Return international Flights for Two
- 3 Night 5 Star Luxury Cruise on the River Nile Onboard the MS Nile Quest
- Drive intp Epic Wilderness on Wildlife Game Safaris and Gaze Upon the Awe-Inspiring Pyramids and Sphinx
- Return International Flights for Two
- Internal Flights for Two
- 6 Nights Accommodation in South Africa
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Egypt
- 3 Nights Onboard a 5 Star Luxury Nile Cruise
- Daily Breakfast Plus All Onboard Meals
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- All Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Guided Game Walks Plus Drives
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Johannesburg – Drifters Lodge or similar
- Balule Game Reserve (Greater Kruger National Park) – Greenfire Bush Lodge or similar
- Hazyview – Greenfire Hazyview Lodge or similar
- Cairo – Oasis Hotel or similar
- Nile River Cruise – MS Nile Quest or similar
- Hurghada – Mercure Hurghada hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 7, 14, 21, 28 February
- 6, 13, 20, 27* March
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 May
- 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 July
- 7, 14, 21, 28 August
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 October
- 6, 13, 20, 27 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $550 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Drive right into the epic wilderness of South Africa on this spellbinding wildlife safari tour, where you’ll enjoy an ever-changing scenery of natural wonders from the iconic Table Mountain to the Big Five in national parks over eleven adventure-filled days.
- Spy your share of majestic wildlife over three glorious days in the Greater Kruger National Park. From the likes of elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalos and giraffes, you’ll be struggling for space on your camera, so be sure to keep a second SD card handy!
- Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime cruise as you set sail down the mighty Nile onboard the 5 Star MS Nile Quest, boasting a top deck pool and sundeck, huge dining room, live entertainment and gold-standard service.
- Accompany a professional Egyptologist as you uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza. Discover the Great Pyramid, the awe-inspiring Sphinx and the magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara – the first pyramid ever constructed.
- Witness the grand legacy of the Egyptians in the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, with visits to the temples of Queen Hatshepsut and the enormous Colossi of Memnon.
- Explore Hurghada, a tourist oasis off the coast of the glorious Red Sea brimming with recreational activities, including snorkelling, scuba diving and camel rides (at own expense).
Your epic African adventure starts today! Pack your bags for an adventure of a lifetime as you board your international flight to Johannesburg.
Touchdown in Johannesburg! Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your lodge where you can unwind from your long flight or spend the remainder of the day exploring the city.
Drive past stunning mountain vistas, lush green valleys and arid bush this morning as you wind along the
scenic route to Mpumalanga. Stop in the historic township of Dullstroom for lunch, before winding down the Drakensberg escarpment into the untamed Lowveld.
Arrive in the Kruger National Park greater area, where Africa’s gems roam freely. Tonight, dinner is cooked over a roaring fire.
Start your morning with a light breakfast before embarking on a guided game walk to witness the Big 5 in action; lions, elephants, buffalos, leopards and rhinos. Return back to the lodge for a sumptuous brunch, basking in the serenity of the wilderness.
Spend your afternoon on an open vehicle game drive, searching for Africa’s majestic wildlife. Enjoy a ‘sundowner’ drink as the sun sets over the bushveld before continuing your game drive into the night. Savour a hearty bush braai cooked over an open fire for dinner.
Rise with the African sun this morning, watching as the sun rises over mountainous vistas and red stone facades along the Panorama Route, en route to Hazyview.
Admire how the Blyde River Canyon carves its way through expansive red sandstone, before continuing to God’s Window for breathtaking vistas of the Drakensberg Escarpment and Bourke’s Luck Potholes’, a collection of waterfalls and distinctive rock formations.
Time permitting this evening, you’ll be able to enjoy a nature walk in the surrounding forest before dinner.
More magnificent game viewing is on the agenda for today, as you rise early to tackle another section of Kruger National Park’s rugged plains in search of the African Big Five.
Dig into a leisurely breakfast this morning before returning to Johannesburg.
After arrival, spend the afternoon at your leisure, exploring all the city has to offer!
After breakfast, catch a taxi to the airport for your overnight flight to Cairo.
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a local representative and transferred to your hotel.
Traverse the desert to the outskirts of Cairo today to look upon the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza. Then, visit the magnificent Step Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara, the first ever pyramid constructed. From the bottom of these mammoth monuments, you’ll be enamoured by their immense stature and history as your local Egyptologist delivers a wealth of knowledge about these man-made marvels.
Fly from Cairo to Aswan to board your 5 Star Nile Cruise! After you’ve checked in and freshened up, your magnificent Nile quest begins at the High Dam of Aswan, before setting off on a short boat ride to Agilkia Island. Once there, explore the Temple of Philae, a beautiful island temple dedicated to the Goddess Isis that was reclaimed from the waters of Lake Nasser.
Spend the morning at leisure or embark on an optional tour of Abu Simbel. Then, begin your journey to Luxor, with a visit to Kom-Ombo where you will see the Sobek Temple. Dedicated to Sobek, the crocodile god, and Horus, the falcon-headed god, this unique building combines two temples in one, with each side having its own gateways and chapels.
Afterwards, visit the well-preserved Edfu Temple before spending the night onboard your 5 star cruise ship.
After breakfast this morning, you’ll arrive in Luxor, a tourist mecca built on Ancient Egypt’s capital of Thebes. Visit Karnak Temple of Amun, once the most important place of worship in Egypt during the New Kingdom, famous for its giant papyrus-shaped columns in the glorious Hypostyle Hall.
Disembark the MS Nile Quest this morning as you get ready to unearth dusty tombs and centuries-old secrets in the ancient Valley of the Kings. On your expedition, you’ll have the opportunity to enter some of the incredible tombs of New Kingdom Pharaohs, including Tutankhamun.
Then, discover the temples of Queen Hatshepsut – the only Pharaonic woman who reigned ancient Egypt – and the enormous Colossi of Memnon – the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III. This afternoon, you’ll traverse expanses of barren mountain ranges and wild desert, scattered with lonely ruins as you leave the Nile Valley and drive to resort-country in Hurghada on the Red Sea coast.
After all the adventure of the past week, take today to relax and unwind, surrounded by the pristine beauty of Hurghada and the Red Sea. A tourist oasis brimming with recreational adventures, including a luxurious pool and plenty of optional water sports, such as snorkelling, scuba diving and windsurfing, you’ll find an abundance of things to do in Hurghada!
This morning, sit back and enjoy the scenery flashing past on your return journey to Cairo. After some time to freshen up at the hotel, walk around the Egyptian Museum, home to Tutankhamun’s enormous trove and tomb, various mummies, jewellery and priceless artefacts.
In the afternoon, enjoy a guided tour through the back streets and bazaars of Central Cairo. Discover stalls selling everything from spices, pottery and soap powder, to carvings of Egyptian pharaohs, in the medieval-style Khan Al Khalili bazaar.
Your spellbinding Egyptian expedition comes to an end after breakfast, so bid your fellow passengers goodbye as you transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- Flights may depart or return a day earlier or later depending on flight schedules or departure cities.
- A flight amendment surcharge of AUD $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Add on additional flights and 2 night Victoria Falls stay from an extra AUD $1199 per person
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 24
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of AUD $1800 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Airport transfers
- Tipping/gratuities – Recommended tipping is AUD $10 per person, per day
- Egyptian entrance fees (Approximately AUD $70 per person)
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages