AFRICA: 14 Day Spectacular South Africa Tour Including Flights for Two
Get up close and personal with African wildlife.
$9,998Valued at $13,998
Discover the magnificent African terrain as you embark on adventures through vast deserts, encounter majestic wildlife and experience the wonder of Cape Town, eSwatini (Swaziland), Victoria Falls, the Panorama Route and beyond.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Full Service Airline
- 12 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation, from Hotels to Lodges!
- Safari Through Kruger National Park, Immerse Yourself in Swazi Culture in Matsamo Cultural Village and Enjoy a Sundowner Cruise on the Zambezi River
- Return International Flights for Two, Plus All Internal Flights
- 12 Nights of Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 3 Delicious Lunches and 5 Dinners
- On-Ground Transport as per the Itinerary
- Game Drives with Experienced Guides
- Sightseeing, Admissions, Permits and Tips/Gratuities as per the Itinerary
- Experienced Tour Guide Throughout Your Journey
- Cape Town – Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence or similar
- Hluhluwe – Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris or similar
- eSwatini – Mountain Inn Mbabane or similar
- Hazyview – Protea Hotel Hazyview or similar
- Johannesburg – Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch or similar
- Victoria Falls – Pamusha Lodge or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 1, 22 March
- 26 April
- 10, 17, 24 May
- 7 June
- 9 August
- 11, 25 October
- 15 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to South Africa! Prepare for the trip of a lifetime as you cruise Zambezi River, embark on a Victoria Falls safari , and play-eye spy with the local wildlife, including the big five; lions, leopards, rhinos, elephant and buffalo.
- Marvel at the panorama from the summit of Table Mountain and watch awe-inspiring scenery unfold before you on a day tour of Cape Town, from the kaleidoscopic flora in Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens to coastal beaches and cheeky penguin colonies at Boulder Beach.
- Explore the scenic wilderness of the Kruger National Park on a thrilling game walk and 4×4 drive safari, and maybe spot a Nile crocodile or hippo on a St. Lucia game cruise.
- Visit South Africa’s key UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the world’s seventh wonder, Victoria Falls and Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.
- Experience the rich culture of eSwatini (Swaziland) with a Matsumoto Cultural Village visit; see traditional tribal dances and songs, share a meal with the locals and more.
- Gape at the beauty of the famous Panorama Route, from the vast, blue-green serenity of the Blyde River Canyon to the cavernous Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the limitless expanse of the lush ravine at God’s Window.
It’s time to embark on your African adventure! Leave Australia for Cape Town today.
Your adventure starts in one of the most iconic cities in South Africa – Cape Town. Make your own way to the hotel for check-in and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure – perhaps taking advantage of the city’s magnificent seaside location.
Your tour of Cape Town begins with a drive to Cape Point, passing steep mountains, secluded coves and sweeping beaches enroute. After a stop at the fishing village of Hout Bay, you’ll meander along the coast to the Cape of Good Hope; awash with awesome scenery, great bird watching and fantastic walks.
Following the coastline along False Bay back to Cape Town, you’ll savour lunch in Simon’s Town and visit the cheeky penguin colonies at Boulder Beach. Afterwards, continue to Muizenberg Mountain and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens for a short walk through the kaleidoscope of flora and fauna that thrives there. In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow travellers and Tour Manager.
Spy Cape Town’s lesser known wonders today, as you drive through the city centre past the stone-walled castle of Good Hope, the baroque-period City Hall and Grand Parade. Passing St. George’s Cathedral and the Church of Nobel Peace-winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu along the way, before arriving at Kloof Nek at the base of Table Mountain.
Ascend to the top with via cable car and at the summit, marvel at the breathtaking views over the Atlantic and enjoy a birds-eye view of the city and its turquoise beaches. Descending from the peak, you’ll head to the historic V&A Waterfront for some free time to enjoy lunch on your own, before boarding a ferry to Robben Island.
This poignant UNESCO World Heritage site reveals the struggles, hope and dreams of freedom of the political prisoners kept there, as made famous by Nelson Mandela’s imprisonment. Tour the island’s infamous prison before returning to the mainland for an afternoon at leisure. Why not cap off your evening with an optional, home hosted dinner?
Please note: Table Mountain Cableway is closed between 22 July – 11 August 2019, and the Robben Island Ferry is subject to weather conditions.
- Home hosted dinner (AUD $109 per person).
Now that you’ve seen the spectacular Cape Peninsula and mesmerising mountain ranges, why not use this free day to see Cape Town’s plethora of charming villages, such as Bo-Kaap’s brightly painted facades, and stunning wine destinations, such as Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you could venture out to Hermanus for whale-watching and, for the real thrill seeker, shark-cage diving.
Bid totsiens to Cape Town this morning, as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Durban. On arrival, drive to St. Lucia, where you’ll board a game cruise. An estuary of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed iSimangaliso Wetland Park, this stretch of river offers prime viewing to spy Nile crocodiles, hippopotami, sea turtles and even sharks!
If you’re lucky, you might see an eager eagle swoop down to snag its lunch! Afterwards, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Have your camera charged today as you continue your wilderness exploration with a game of eye-spy on a Hluhluwe-Imfolozi game drive. Set in the heart of Zululand, Africa’s ‘big five’ (lions, elephants, leopards, buffalo, and rhino) thrive here, roaming the flourishing savanna alongside warthogs, antelopes and more.
Following your game drive safari, you’ll cross the border to the Kingdom of eSwatini (also known as Swaziland), driving through spectacular hills and majestic fauna, before stopping at a handicraft market in the afternoon enroute to your hotel.
Please note: eSwatini is an independent country and requires different entry requirements. Please check if a visa is required for entry.
Sit back and watch as talented artisans blow a menagerie of African animals, birds and tableware out of recycled glass this morning at the Ngwenya Glass Factory, before crossing the border into South Africa to visit Matsamo Cultural Village.
Immerse yourself in Swazi culture as a native guide enthrals you with the village customs and ceremonies, before which you’ll get see a traditional tribal dance with authentic garb, listen to songs performed with African instruments and share a meal with the tribe. Afterwards, continue to your hotel for dinner.
As is the custom in the bush, you’ll start the day with a light breakfast of coffee and rusks before embarking on a open vehicle game drive in Kruger National Park. Home to some of the best game and wildlife viewing opportunities in the world, you’ll get a chance to see lions, elephants, giraffe and zebra – you’ll need feline-like reflexes to capture them in action though!
After stopping at a rest camp for lunch, you’ll continue into the wilderness. With any luck, you’ll snag a shot of an elusive cheetah or leopard!. After the day’s excitement, relax by the pool at your hotel before dinner.
Unearth mountainous vistas, lush green valleys, arid bush and red stone facades today as you explore the Mpumalanga Province along the spectacular Panorama Route.
Stop to admire the massive Blyde River Canyon, which carves its way magnificently through red sandstone, before continuing to God’s Window for breathtaking vistas of the Drakensberg Escarpment. Afterwards, admire Bourke’s Luck Potholes’ collection of waterfalls and distinctive rock formations, before continuing to Johannesburg.
Gain a fascinating glimpse into the bustling neighbourhood life of Soweto today; the most metropolitan township in South Africa. It’s here that trends sweep the nation, from politics to fashion, music, dance and even language!
While here, you’ll visit Nelson Mandela’s former home and drive by the former residence of the nobel-prize winner Bishop Desmond Tutu, an anti-apartheid and human rights activist. Continue to the Apartheid Museum, where you will journey through the racial segregation experienced by millions of South Africans, before dinner with your fellow travellers.
Board your flight to Victoria Falls this morning. On arrival, visit this iconic spectacle in person. Known to the locals as Mosi-oa-Tunya, the ‘smoke that thunders’, you’ll be left jaw-dropped by this boisterous UNESCO World Heritage-listed wonder.
After you’ve filled an SD card or two, cap off your evening with a sublime sundown cruise on the mighty Zambezi River.
Embark on a safari walk of Victoria Falls this morning through otherworldly rainforests to the Cataract View where steps lead down to Devil’s Cataract, offering dramatic views of the falls that resemble a rainbow prism effect. Continue trekking through the forested terrain to the Dr Livingstone statue and try spotting the locale’s wide array of birds and plants.
The remainder of the day is yours to explore at leisure. If you’re keen for a serious adrenaline rush, you could tick off your bucket list with a micro flight over the falls, plunge headfirst into the rough of it with water-rafting or even bungee jump into the Zambezi!
Exchange numbers with your fellow travellers over breakfast this morning, as you make your own way to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg and connecting flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights are economy class with Singapore Airlines, Emirates, South African Airlines or Qantas Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 48
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1600 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- This tour requires a certain level of fitness, with three to four hours of walking required on some touring days
- The itinerary serves as a guide and is subject to change, dependent on weather, road conditions, game migrations and other factors
- A minimum age limit of 12 years applies for this tour; no maximum age limit applies
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Airport transfers
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Anything not listed in the inclusions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages